PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Nismo GTR. #ZEROCOMPETITION

Darkane
11-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Not sure if Anyone has followed the 2015 Nissan GTR and NISMO speculation thread over at GTRlife.com, but we should know tomorrow how Special the NISMO is going to be.

Information has been released about the JDM Model and it's expensive.

Yen conversion is around 150k USD.

That said Nissan has launched an AD campaign title ZEROCOMPETITION. There's been speculation that not only has the NISMO beaten the LFA and ACR Viper, but it may have surpassed the 918 Porsche.

If that's the case it's going to be a very special and very limited car.

I personally believe under 7:10 was achieved, and under 7 seconds would be industry shocking once again, just like 2008.

Anyone who's interested, all 2015 information surrounding the Premium, Black edition, and track Pack was also released.

No change in power, new Front and rear lights. New carbon fiber trunk for the Track Pack.

Price should be up 3,000 over the 2014's.

Discuss.

amear
11-18-2013, 01:24 AM
I want one:( :drool:

shadowz
11-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Been following the thread on GTRlife, pretty amazing how much they have dedicated to making this chassis even better.

Update from jalopnik

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196qjpilmxadojpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196qjpilljanbjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
http://jalopnik.com/nissan-gt-r-nismo-this-is-it-1466637336?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Redlined_8000
11-18-2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/18/2015-nissan-gt-r-nismo-595-hp-leaked/

595HP 480tq Ring time 7min 8 seconds :eek:

With two major auto shows taking place this week on different sides of the globe, the amount of news being posted across the internet is reaching a fever pitch. Naturally, things happen, trigger fingers get itchy and stories get leaked, which is apparently how we came across this spate of premature pictures and information on the eagerly anticipated Nissan GT-R Nismo.

Packing 595 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque from its twin-turbocharged, 3.8-liter V6, the Nismo-fied GT-R should be a serious kick in the pants when run hard. The new power is thanks to a number of donor parts from the GT-R Nismo GT3 racecar, bits that include larger turbochargers, revised intake and exhaust systems and new ignition timing.

Thanks to the engine enhancements, and, we imagine, a few other tweaks to the chassis, brakes and aerodynamics that have yet to be published, the GT-R Nismo is said to blitz the Nürburgring in just 7:08, a mere 11 seconds slower than the $845,000 Porsche 918 Spyder. For a car that is rumored to cost well under a quarter of the price, that performance is just immense.

We'll have the full array of details on this white-hot Nissan when it drops at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show later this week

Darkane
11-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes It's stupidly fast.

595 HP.

As fast or faster than the soon to be released 458 super grease coupe or whatever they call it ;)

m10-power
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Yes It's stupidly fast.

595 HP.

As fast or faster than the soon to be released 458 super grease coupe or whatever they call it ;)

Much more to life the being a passenger at the wheel of a car driving itself fast.

Everyone I've known that was a fast driver at the track and owned a GTR sold it shortly after. All said the same thing fast but boring.

7:08 is impressive but not something I'd buy.

xnvy
11-18-2013, 08:39 PM
^At least the GTR won't spontaneously flambé you. Although I would certainly prefer a 458 over a GTR, MP4, or Lambo, such a good looking car and the best sounding IMO.

Can't deny that this GTR is very impressive though. If only it didn't look so bland in comparison to its performance capabilities.

Maxt
11-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

Much more to life the being a passenger at the wheel of a car driving itself fast.

Everyone I've known that was a fast driver at the track and owned a GTR sold it shortly after. All said the same thing fast but boring.

The exhaust note isn't very inspiring either, and modded ones sound like a 4.3l astrovan with a thrush muffler.

msommers
11-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Incredible performance for the price. No one can deny that.

Actually scratch that. That's just incredible performance regardless.

Redlined_8000
11-18-2013, 09:01 PM
The GTR being boring is a matter of opinion... Same goes for sound. lol.

I highly doubt the average GTR owner thinks their car is boring.

Darkane
11-18-2013, 10:52 PM

It's actually not that boring.

Just out of curiosity, how many Fast drivers do you know who have owned and sold GTR's?

m10-power
11-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

It's actually not that boring.

Just out of curiosity, how many Fast drivers do you know who have owned and sold GTR's?

3 all very fast at the track

What else have you owned? Drive a 997 Porsche GT3 then answer the question again

;)

CSMRX7
11-19-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't think I am a fast driver but I am one who owned a GTR then sold it quite quickly (6 months) as it wasn't as engaging as I had hoped.

I have never driven anything that made that kind of power that accessible, but for my likes it just didn't have the driver feel I was looking for. It is an amazing car, but everytime I drove it I felt the car was amazing, but really that had nothing to do with me as a driver which I don't find overly rewarding.

I ended up picking up a 997.2 GT3 and that is a whole other ball game. Is it as fast? Not even close! But it is more of an occasion to get in and drive, and much more rewarding and dynamic which are more important to me.

Honestly every once in a while I am tempted to get back in a GTR but I don't think anything short of something very high powered would meet my "fun factor" requirements.

rage2
11-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I've driven many GTR's the last few years. They're awesome if you want to go fast. There's also 2 different types of "fun" I've had over the years, which is where the "GTR is boring" debate really stems from.

1. Kill everyone else at the track fun, the GTR is the king here. Compete in Solo1 and Solo2? Want to rape absolutely everyone and set FTD's everytime you're at the track? The GTR is the best car to do that. Back when I was competing, the rush of being able to put together back to back fast runs at the limit within a tenth of each other was a huge adrenaline rush. While the car can "drive itself", you still need the skills to get that last 20% of the car's performance. It's like Vettel in the RBR, people say it's the car, but really, driver still has a bit to do with it.

2. The feel of driving, the fun of hitting a difficult corner, and every corner feels different int he car. Like the famous quote, it's not about the destination, it's about the journey. Cars like the 911 GT3 makes you feel like the man when you hit that corner, and learn as you go through each corner on a drive to Kananaskis. The GTR isn't really rewarding in this sense, but it'll rape the GT3 to the destination with ease. But that's not why GT3 owners buy that car.

I used to be a #1, now I'm a #2. 10 years ago, I would've loved a GTR in my garage. Today, I'm still hoping that I'll be able to afford that 991 GT3 as my DD.

m10-power
11-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Rage did you ever run a timed lap in a GTR at Race City?

Fastest one I knew about ran 1:20's that was solo 1 andI believe significantly modified on R comps. I know of a certain stock ACR that was running in the 1:18's and perhaps even into the 17's. Several C6 Z06's into the 19's. My '94 BMW ran in the 1:20's...

I have not driven a GTR at the track but went for several rides, didnt do anything for me always felt the computers 'driving'

I do agree you still have to drive it but I dont think you would learn anything real about car control at the limit. I had a student once who would have died in any other car, all over the place with the controls but the car managed to keep him on the track. Until he turned it all off....

Its still a techinical marvel, not denying that nor its capabilities. Probably as Jason noted needs a ton more power to be enjoyable. I feel my 996TT is that way, such a high level of performance that it needs double the stock power to overwelm it.

colinxx235
11-19-2013, 11:18 AM
^

Yah that was GP that ran the 1:18 (he set the record before track got demo'd). Still waiting for him to take me out in the ACR. I don't believe he ever ran 1:17 (or not that he told me). I know someone was right on his ass with a ZR1 (can't remember name). He said that if he had access to an Italia he could have broke his record most likely.

rage2
11-19-2013, 11:39 AM
I've never driven the GTR hard at RCMP. I've done maybe 3 or 4 laps showing a student the lines at 6/10ths, that's about it. It's scary riding with students in the GTR, because the car does so much of the work, that people with zero track experience gain confidence way too early.

Canmorite
11-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Wonder how much the driver/computer debate comes into play on the 'Ring. It is a scary track to drive and the driver really needs to know the course and the lines.

When I drove a GTR at the track in Vegas I still felt like I was driving, but could definitely feel the computers. Little oversteer out of one corner, full throttle, and the car straightened itself out very quickly. That would not of happened in a GT3 for exmaple :dunno:

rage2
11-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
When I drove a GTR at the track in Vegas I still felt like I was driving, but could definitely feel the computers. Little oversteer out of one corner, full throttle, and the car straightened itself out very quickly. That would not of happened in a GT3 for exmaple :dunno:
That's exactly what we mean by computers driving.

sumguy777
11-19-2013, 07:53 PM
6QbSPWYZm28

Mibz
11-19-2013, 08:27 PM
The 7:08.679 Nurburgring car.
The Nismo car you can buy next summer won’t circulate the ‘Ring quite this quickly. The so-called “Time Attack” car displayed in the camouflage has several additional upgrades. The engine is tuned differently with identical 600-hp and 481-lb-ft horsepower and torque peaks, but the curves are slightly fatter. The AWD system’s torque biasing program is tweaked slightly. The aerodynamics package also differs in a couple very meaningful ways that will likely erode that 0.27 Cd claimed for the mainstream model. The rear wing stands quite a bit taller; there’s an aero fence running along the rear edge of the hood, and the front fenders have little aero “whiskers.” Many of these upgrades will likely find their way into the Nismo Track edition (or whatever they call it), though it’s not clear whether the aero fence on the hood could pass pedestrian crash standards or whether the tweaked engine could be made clean enough to be legal. Apparently Nissan's the new Ferrari :P

a61z
11-19-2013, 08:54 PM
:rofl:
#ZEROPRODUCED

m10-power
11-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Wonder how much the driver/computer debate comes into play on the 'Ring. It is a scary track to drive and the driver really needs to know the course and the lines.

On the ring Id rather have the driver assists of the GTR to be honest. More and more cars having these driver assists, becoming law.

I think a Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS will become one of the last true drivers cars and a future collector. May have to look into one...

m10-power
11-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Apparently Nissan's the new Ferrari :P

Doesnt surprise me in the slightest, would be wager heavy that the tires were special as well would could easily account for a massive amount of time.

Not like nissan hasnt done this before at the ring

Darkane
11-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Nissan claims the nismo track edition is going to be released as run in japan.

On another note nismo RS is likely to be the swan song and ultra hardcore GTR to be released. Then onto the R36.

And yes, if I could id get into a 991 gt3 myself as I'm an NA whore. We'll see in a couple years what the GT3 RS looks like in 991 chassis.

soloracer
11-20-2013, 01:01 PM

On the ring Id rather have the driver assists of the GTR to be honest. More and more cars having these driver assists, becoming law.

I think a Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS will become one of the last true drivers cars and a future collector. May have to look into one...

Which is probably why the GT3 RS 4.0 cars are going for over $300K now. Pretty good considering I think you could have bought one new for $200k and it's now priced near Carrera GT territory. For that kind of money I would take the CGT for sure.

m10-power
11-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by soloracer

Which is probably why the GT3 RS 4.0 cars are going for over $300K now. Pretty good considering I think you could have bought one new for $200k and it's now priced near Carrera GT territory. For that kind of money I would take the CGT for sure.

Id take a 997 GT2RS, but yes the CGT is insanely cheap now. Thats not going to last.

JZatBMR
12-23-2013, 02:33 AM
Rage did you ever run a timed lap in a GTR at Race City?

Fastest one I knew about ran 1:20's that was solo 1 andI believe significantly modified on R comps. I know of a certain stock ACR that was running in the 1:18's and perhaps even into the 17's. Several C6 Z06's into the 19's. My '94 BMW ran in the 1:20's...

I have heard that GP made the track record at RCMP in 2011, but I don't think that is correct.

On the Viper forums he states he ran a 1:18.4 in 2011 and a 1:19.5 in 2010. Not sure if those where verified times by an independent timer or official event, but nonetheless, I don't see how that is a track record.

I ran 1:17.7 in CSCC SoloSpint Aug 16, 2009 in my Z06. The verified times are here:

http://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/index.php/topic,9060.0.html

At the yearend Solosprint banquet I was given a plaque and award for the RCMP street car track record for this 1:17.7 time as this is a street legal car on DOT tires. I have ran other 1:17 laps in 2009 and many low 1:18s which can be found in the CSCC Solosprint archives.

m10-power
12-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Jay,

I did have a quick look at the solo series times but never found anything quicker then Greg's time. which was done with traqmate I believe.

1:17 is nuts fast, congrats on that. Not to take anything away from that but Greg's time in a 100% stock car is very impressive.

JZatBMR
12-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Jay,

I did have a quick look at the solo series times but never found anything quicker then Greg's time. which was done with traqmate I believe.

1:17 is nuts fast, congrats on that. Not to take anything away from that but Greg's time in a 100% stock car is very impressive.

The times are in the link I provided but you need to log in to the cscc forum to download the PDFs. They list it as 77.7 seconds.

I did here from DH who confirmed that Greg's record time is indeed for a bone stock production car. My car had mild bolt-ons at the time. Specifically, cam,intake, headers, exhaust, coil overs, brakes, r-compound tires, and a rear wing. It was still full interior, no roll bar or cage, and no weight reduction.

Most racing bodies would still classify my car as a production car, although modified.

In summary, Greg has the stock production car record. I have the street legal production based track record.

Although, generally track records are only considered if they are official. Mine was in during an official WCMA sanctioned event with time done by the official timer.

m10-power
12-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Jay

What is so impressive is how capable the C6 Z06 platform is, incredible bang for the buck. I have always been a fan of the LSx engine, run one in my BMW.

Hurry up and get your track built, I have a V8 Nissan R32 GTR that im building as a dedicated track car. powered by the general

:)

coachhines
12-24-2013, 08:42 PM
I have always been a fan of the LSx engine, run one in my BMW.
Silver 3 series with a cage?

m10-power
12-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by coachhines

Silver 3 series with a cage?

No the fast one, flat black sedan

coachhines
12-24-2013, 10:46 PM

No the fast one, flat black sedan Ahhahahaha I see what you did there!

fireball
12-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Jays times are impressive, no doubt. Fast car, fast driver.

My times were recorded on a Race Logic, Performance Box and checked independently by 2 separate mechanical engineers. They were not at a sanctioned event. You may find it interesting that I did several laps in the 1:18's when it was notably cold, all below 0 degrees Celsius. I did a 1:18.4. The temp was about -3.

My car is (and was) 100% stock with the exception of a 6 point harness. Stock brakes, stock tires, stock rims, stock shocks and springs, stock exhaust - everything exactly as when I drove it out if the showroom, except the harness. Oh, and some stickers.

I did adjust tire pressures and wheel alignment settings, all within the stock range - no camber plates or any other mods. Nothing bent or modded in any way. A complete production car. Except for the harness, exactly as it left the factory. As a matter of interest, all the mounting points for the harness are stock and were included in the car from the factory. I had to make a small cut in the carpet to access the lower bolt holes, but the threaded holes were there.

One thing about Jay's time that really impresses me. He did his fast lap under pressure. Most of a lap for warm-up, then GO. He did it on demand. This is no small thing. Props.

I had the opportunity to do lap after lap - recording all laps. I did have traffic to deal with, but I did have a clear lap. I consider that an advantage.

Anyway, I'm very proud of my lap time. I have a decent car and I feel I got much out if it. I'm certain that I could've gone faster in a 458. I've driven several, they're fantastic. A ZR-1 was gunning for the production car record, he made it to 1:20.0. He'd modified his exhaust, his brakes and changed to DOT slicks - but still did well.

I think the ACR has a disadvantage at Race City because of the wing down the long straight, but it is what it is. The ACR is fantastic at Miller!

Race City was good to me. I won a motorcycle road racing Championship there in.... 89?. Also Rookie of the year. I also won races on the oval, and in a GT 3 (Toyota Corolla) car on the road course.

I sure miss it.

Greg

fireball
12-25-2013, 12:31 AM
This has me nostalgic....
Early this year I'm told by 'the Ford freaks' that I set a record in Texas. At the Texas Mile.

It's a thin slice, but they tell me I have (or at least had) the record for 'a supercharged street car in the standing mile'. That's the slice. There were 2 faster cars, one ended up in a ball of fire with the driver getting a ride in a medical evacuation helicopter and the other went way faster than we did, but his car was turbo charged. Different slice.

I ran 230.7 mph (372kph). It was freak'n HAIRY!

I was driving a Ford GT. Incredible car.

I've done some crazy stuff in cars and bikes but that 230.7mph was epic. It really was nuts. I think an AWD Veyron takes almost 3 miles to get to that speed (not confirmed, just what I hear).

Greg

Redlyne_mr2
12-28-2013, 12:09 PM
So how is this GTR so much quicker than previous cars? What have they done to the chassis to improve it? It's a failry straight forward car, ttv6, good awd system, fairly standard suspension. How is it so much quicker than everything else which has much more advanced suspension geometry (458) and crazier engines (918)?

JZatBMR
12-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by fireball
Jays times are impressive, no doubt. Fast car, fast driver.

My times were recorded on a Race Logic, Performance Box and checked independently by 2 separate mechanical engineers. They were not at a sanctioned event. You may find it interesting that I did several laps in the 1:18's when it was notably cold, all below 0 degrees Celsius. I did a 1:18.4. The temp was about -3.

My car is (and was) 100% stock with the exception of a 6 point harness. Stock brakes, stock tires, stock rims, stock shocks and springs, stock exhaust - everything exactly as when I drove it out if the showroom, except the harness. Oh, and some stickers.

I did adjust tire pressures and wheel alignment settings, all within the stock range - no camber plates or any other mods. Nothing bent or modded in any way. A complete production car. Except for the harness, exactly as it left the factory. As a matter of interest, all the mounting points for the harness are stock and were included in the car from the factory. I had to make a small cut in the carpet to access the lower bolt holes, but the threaded holes were there.

One thing about Jay's time that really impresses me. He did his fast lap under pressure. Most of a lap for warm-up, then GO. He did it on demand. This is no small thing. Props.

I had the opportunity to do lap after lap - recording all laps. I did have traffic to deal with, but I did have a clear lap. I consider that an advantage.

Anyway, I'm very proud of my lap time. I have a decent car and I feel I got much out if it. I'm certain that I could've gone faster in a 458. I've driven several, they're fantastic. A ZR-1 was gunning for the production car record, he made it to 1:20.0. He'd modified his exhaust, his brakes and changed to DOT slicks - but still did well.

I think the ACR has a disadvantage at Race City because of the wing down the long straight, but it is what it is. The ACR is fantastic at Miller!

Race City was good to me. I won a motorcycle road racing Championship there in.... 89?. Also Rookie of the year. I also won races on the oval, and in a GT 3 (Toyota Corolla) car on the road course.

I sure miss it.

Greg

The ACR is an amazing production car. I don't think anything will touch it bone stock on most tracks. No car comes with better aero, R-compound tires, and adjustable coilovers from the factory.

I have a 458 now, it's an amazing car but there's no way it could keep up with my Vette or an ACR as delivered from the factory, in my opinion. But with stiffer springs and R-Compounds it would be close.

Once I put the large APR wing on the Vette, my peak speeds down the straight dropped from 274km/hr to only 258 km/hr but I could carry way more speed into 1 and 2 with the wing and my times dropped.

I have driven an GTR on a road course and it was boring. It gets amazing times for being a heavy pig, but there is nothing exciting about it.