PDA

View Full Version : Furniture Stores

l/l/rX
11-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Last thread I found was 2 years old, so decided to start a new thread.

I looked up some reviews on EQ3 and Structube, the reviews for these 2 places just seem to be all over the place, from peoples furniture to not arriving on time (3+ weeks from promised delivery), cheap materials, funny smells, etc.

I'm looking for condo sized furniture, the price point for EQ3 and Structube are on point with my budget. I've sat on their sofas and the comfort levels work for me.

To give you an idea of what my price point is, the sofas I'm interested from both stores range from 899-1499, arm chairs from 399-599 and coffee tables from 349-699.

Are there any other stores you guys recommend in this price point to go look at or should I just bite the bullet and hope I have a good experience with them? After all I'm not spending +$3000 on a sofa, so I can't really expect the best service ever right?

you&me
11-20-2013, 08:20 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect good service and communication when making a purchase of this size... even if it's not 'high-end', it's still not insignificant.

I think the main thing to do is ask where the piece is manufactured, what their supply is like and, if you're in a rush, if they have anything similar to what you're looking for in stock.

And believe me, just because you spend a lot, it doesn't mean the service you'll get is any better (I can share many details on where not to buy, or at least expect good service :banghead: )

npham
11-21-2013, 09:59 AM
I'd rather purchase quality pieces over time than rush everything and purchase it all in one shot. Lots of box stores like Crate and Barrel or Urban Barn have sales all the time and you can pick up some great stuff from there. I'd never buy something at full price at one of those stores.

BrknFngrs
11-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Most of my furniture is from EQ3 and items like my sofa were in the upper end of their stores price point.

Overall; I wouldn't buy from them again unless it was at a very steep discount like it was the first time around. The furniture looks good and is comfortable but I haven't been impressed with the workmanship or durability.

lint
11-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
Overall; I wouldn't buy from them again unless it was at a very steep discount like it was the first time around. The furniture looks good and is comfortable but I haven't been impressed with the workmanship or durability.

+1 Our dining room table and chairs are from EQ3, the quality isn't there

supe
11-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Whats everyone's review of Revolve? Our sofa is from there and after 1.5 years it still looks and feels great. There stuff looks awesome but very pricy.

98type_r
11-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by supe
Whats everyone's review of Revolve? Our sofa is from there and after 1.5 years it still looks and feels great. There stuff looks awesome but very pricy.

We bought a sofa and loveseat from them three years ago. If I had to do it all over again, I would shop elsewhere. No after sales service at all (they wanted $100 each way to pick up and return our loveseat for repairs). Longevity wise, the leather still looks/feels new but our loveseat now sags in the middle.

Lex350
11-21-2013, 11:05 AM
The problem is at that price point most of what you get is made over in Asia. This means the quality is sometimes (not always) not as good. The delevery will be longer unless they stock somewhere with a North American distributor. Many times that ends up being in California and if you do have defects, the wait for a replacement is long.

DO NOT BUY FROM REVOLVE. They are not the same company they used to be. Almost all their stuff comes from overseas and they mark the shit up on their stuff. Go find a "classic” rip-off in their store and then compare it to the price of this online dealer. Their quality is pretty much the same.

http://www.eternitymodern.com/

It is a real tricky thing in dealing with product made overseas. Many times the stuff is garbage but sometimes you are actually getting the real stuff just rebranded. For example Herman Miller Eames soft pad chairs. They are quite expensive if you go through a Herman Miller dealer but when I had my office furniture dealership my partner toured a factory in China that was making them for Herman Miller and for knock-off companies. The only difference was the Miller stamp and which box they were put into.

It comes down to this. If you like to change out your furniture every 5 years then you can get away with spending less. Sofas really show wear quickly. Not so much on the material covering them but on the foam inside the cushions. Cheaper sofas use a lower density foam that breaks down quickly. Also if you are getting a leather couch pay attention to the wording of the leather.

Leather look....not leather although if the material is called Briza, that shit is good. More durable than leather and most people can't tell the difference because it breathes like leather....meaning it will be room temperature. Vinyls and over treated crap leather can be full of fillers and sealant. This makes it cold to the touch.

Split grain leathers....this is where they split the leather in half. You have a top have which they call top grain leather. People fall for this as being a top quality leather. The bottom grain leather is what you find on the cheap leather sofas. They take it and sand it down, add fillers and seal it.

Full grain leather. This what will last. It will be soft and warm to the touch. The price difference here is where the leather comes from. Italian leathers have less imperfections than leathers sourced in other places. Not sure if it is really worth the extra money.

The other place where they cheap out is in the frame construction. A good sofa will probably use a good quality hardwood. A simple test. Pick up the end of a cheap sofa and then pick up an expensive one of the same size. Big difference in weight.

Something to consider for anybody that wants higher end stuff is to try the office furniture dealers in town for soft seating. Quite often they will sell you an item for much less than typical retail.

Here are some nice brands:

http://www.loewensteininc.com/products/lounge/

http://www.allermuir.net/

http://www.bernhardtdesign.com/

http://www.coalesse.com/products/

http://www.keilhauer.com/home.html

Mibz
11-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
Most of my furniture is from EQ3.

Overall; I wouldn't buy from them again unless it was at a very steep discount

suntan
11-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Urban Barn or Sojourn.

Unknown303
11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Urban Barn is the best. :devil:

blitz
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
No matter where you go, find out where the specific piece you want is made. I've bought stuff from Revolve, Urban Barn, EQ3 that has been made in Canada or US and it's all been fine.

suntan
11-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Bay is having a good sale right now.

dirtsniffer
11-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Dynasty is having up to 80% off their display pieces. I went and took a look yesterday, some decent living room furniture, not a huge selection.

If you say you work for Flexpipe they will give you a better deal too

tch7
11-22-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm quite happy with the things I've bought from Revolve. The stuff I bought is high quality, made in Canada/US. They even price-matched some items I found cheaper online.

Nordesign has similar styles as Revolve and is also good, but pricier.

EQ3 has nice style, but makes IKEA look high quality.

Urban Barn's nice, but not much selection.

Ashley Furniture does have some good things, some crap. Their sales tactic is very annoying.

If you're willing to go to Edmonton, Mobler has some good stuff.

Sugarphreak
11-22-2013, 09:44 PM

muse017
11-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Any thought or experience on Costco online furnitures? Seems like a good deal but don't like to take a risk ordering something I cant even touch(material) or sit on(built quality).

CaptainReboot
11-23-2013, 04:46 PM
+1 for Sojourn

All the major pieces of furniture in our house is from there.

Graham_A_M
11-24-2013, 01:20 PM
http://www.nasource.ca/

^ TONS of really cool, very modern furniture and the like.

charlie2
11-24-2013, 07:26 PM
crossroads furniture.....huge selection ranging from cheapo stuff to some really nice stuff. They have giant sectionals down to smaller condo furniture from traditional to contemporary and in between. Its totally worth the look just to compare.

Have bought furniture there in the past and am happy with it.

ddduke
11-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Over the years I bought from eq3, urban barn and revolve. None of the pieces impressed me and I thought the quality from most was mediocre, especially revolve, most of what they carry is shit.

When I made my last move I decided to skid everything I owned and start from scratch. I went with restoration hardware for almost everything and grabbed some chairs, lamps and random pieces from Chintz & Co. It was a bit more expensive but the build quality is night and day and instead of replacing shit regularly I have stuff that can last me years and years.

msommers
11-24-2013, 10:02 PM
^^Do you have a lot of kids/pets?

suntan
11-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by ddduke
Over the years I bought from eq3, urban barn and revolve. None of the pieces impressed me and I thought the quality from most was mediocre, especially revolve, most of what they carry is shit.

When I made my last move I decided to skid everything I owned and start from scratch. I went with restoration hardware for almost everything and grabbed some chairs, lamps and random pieces from Chintz & Co. It was a bit more expensive but the build quality is night and day and instead of replacing shit regularly I have stuff that can last me years and years. Gee, I'm trying to stay within his budget...

RH is so ghetto, you're not living large until you buy a $20K dining set from McArthur.

ddduke
11-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by msommers
^^Do you have a lot of kids/pets?

I don't have kids or pets.

vw_rabbit2.5
11-28-2013, 12:02 PM
We just bought a bunch of stuff from Structube, but we haven't gotten them delivered yet. I'll be sure to post reviews of the quality once we receive the furniture.

Price is absolutely amazing for the style and look. Many of their products can be found in other furniture stores (Urban Barn, Revolve, EQ3), or something very similar, for a much lower price.

Delivery is $90 and as long as you order all your items at the same time, you only pay the delivery fee once.

We bought a sofa, dining chairs, accent chairs, and coffee table. Depending on stock availability, delivery takes about 2 weeks.

I highly recommend Structube. We will be shopping here for more in the near future.

12-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Stay far away from Revolve, worst customer service that I have ever dealt with.

Env-Consultant
12-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Bought my dining room table and leather reclining sofa from Crossroads. They do sell some crap, but do your homework and you'll be able to find some sick stuff for very reasonable prices. I looked for a couch for 3 months, so I did enough homework, IMO.

r3ccOs
12-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Revolve is for suckers plane and sample

I like Lazyboy, Cricklewood, home evolution and bondars

Env-Consultant
12-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

I went into Bondars and saw a regular couch for $12,000. If that isn't for suckers, I'm not sure what is....

dirtsniffer
12-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

Easy Ricky.

l/l/rX
12-10-2013, 10:34 AM
So I ended up purchasing most of my furniture from Crate & Barrel as well as Urban Barn. I was really happy with the price point of all the pieces I bought. The delivery and set up charges are pretty standard. I receive everything next week. Customer service at both stores were superb.

I'm still looking for dining chairs and a coffee table though.

Mitsu3000gt
01-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Does Urban Barn have some larger stores than others? They have a ton of stuff online and the stores I've seen don't seem that big, if I'm thinking of the right places. I am looking for some living room furniture as well, and I like a lot of their stuff.

Structube and Sojourn look good too, based on their websites.

Home Evolution was out of my price range it seems ($2-3K for a basic couch).

NASource looks excellent, but do they have a showroom? Their website implies they may not.

suntan
01-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Crowfoot Urban Barn is quite large. There's a really nice looking brunette that works there except for her horrid snaggleteeth.

timdog
01-09-2014, 05:24 PM
I would never purchase anything from EQ3 again. in fact I wouldnt even take their stuff for free. I had a dining table collapse in the middle of thanksgiving dinner, no joke. The table was recalled shortly after. You'd think something like that and they would be very apologetic but it was actually a bit of pain trying to get our money back - they wanted to just give us store credit but we wanted to take our money elsewhere. Had a couple other things from them as well. A king size bed that is just horrible. I wont bore you with the details but let's just say the quality of the design and craftsmanship leave something to be desired. This place makes Ikea look like top end shit.

I have a few things from Urban barn and have no complaints. I know lots of people who have bought from Ashley and their only complaint is the staff are annoying, but the quality of goods seems to be decent.

l/l/rX
01-09-2014, 06:24 PM
I ended up buying everything from urban barn and crate and barrel. Love it all so far! delivery times have been on par with what they said, service was great, furniture pieces are comfy and sturdy.

zooter
01-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by muse017
Any thought or experience on Costco online furnitures? Seems like a good deal but don't like to take a risk ordering something I cant even touch(material) or sit on(built quality).

I bought a bed from costco and have no complaints... Built very solid and the online customer reviews are accurate.. Delivery is included in the price and they are professional plus costco has a great return policy so if anything happens you can just take it back...their furniture though is probably not suited for condos more for suburban home owners similar to their clientele

Mitsu3000gt
01-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Some of the Costco.ca furniture looks great, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to buy a furniture set without seeing it live.

http://www.costco.ca/living-room-collections.html

http://www.costco.ca/sofas-loveseats.html

http://www.costco.ca/.product.10352879.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInCategory

http://www.costco.ca/.product.10346766.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInCategory

http://www.costco.ca/.product.10346767.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-itempageVerticalRight-_-MultiItemViewCP&cm_vc=itempageVerticalRight|MultiItemViewCP

Lots more...

Looks great but if there's nowhere to see it, that sucks.

I'll cross EQ3 off the list haha, sounds like shit.

zooter
01-10-2014, 03:14 PM
^that's why you take advantage of their return policy...they'll take it back with no issues but I guess you'll have to transport it to the store somehow

Mitsu3000gt
01-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by zooter
^that's why you take advantage of their return policy...they'll take it back with no issues but I guess you'll have to transport it to the store somehow

Every piece I've looked at so far is also made in Canada, which is a huge plus as well.

EDIT: Some doesn't mention where it's made (probably China) but everything I liked was made in Canada and had top grain leather.

SuperG3
01-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Metro Element in Kensington

bistrofurniture
01-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

jwslam
03-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Bump.

Anyone used these guys?
https://www.homecastlefurniture.com/

Mitsu3000gt
03-18-2014, 02:52 PM
Another related question - can you negotiate prices at all at Urban Barn? They seem to rotate a 15% off sale through their item categories, but is there any negotiating on full price items?

My goal would be to get the 15% off a couch that was on sale for 15% off not long ago. With the 400-500%++ markup on furniture, I was hoping to get a little bit of a break haha.

Unknown303
03-18-2014, 02:55 PM
I've never heard them negotiate prices. But if something was previously on sale it couldn't hurt to ask.

Christian@IE
03-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Thought this would be a good thread to let members know that we just received our new shipment of industrial furniture and decor. We have lots of new spotlights and hanging pendants, as well as cabinets, bookshelves, and tons of other stuff that's worth the trip down to The Core.

Here's a link to our introduction thread if you haven't seen it yet:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/379792/beyonds-newest-sponsor-industrial-elements/

flipstah
03-31-2014, 10:41 PM
So after this reading this thread, it looks like EQ3 and Structube are out haha.

Looking to get a sofa so I'm thinking to hit the following stores:

- Crate & Barrel
- Urban Barn
- La-Z-Boy (Clearance/Sale)

Any other places to recommend? Is it worth hitting Crossroads on 16th?

Neil4Speed
04-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
So after this reading this thread, it looks like EQ3 and Structube are out haha.

Looking to get a sofa so I'm thinking to hit the following stores:

- Crate & Barrel
- Urban Barn
- La-Z-Boy (Clearance/Sale)

Any other places to recommend? Is it worth hitting Crossroads on 16th?

If your looking at Crate and Barrel prices check out Showhome furniture at Deerfoot Mall. The Bay is also quite good with their pricing (especially when you stack discounts).

Revolve Furnishings is a bit overpriced for some of the quality you get, but if you go to the outlet in Crossiron you may find something that is better.

Also, check out the Bondars outlet in the SE.

flipstah
04-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

If your looking at Crate and Barrel prices check out Showhome furniture at Deerfoot Mall. The Bay is also quite good with their pricing (especially when you stack discounts).

Revolve Furnishings is a bit overpriced for some of the quality you get, but if you go to the outlet in Crossiron you may find something that is better.

Also, check out the Bondars outlet in the SE.

Thanks for the recommendation! I saw Showhome ads on Kijiji and they have cool stuff.

Which Hudson's Bay has the most furniture display or are they all the same?

timdog
04-01-2014, 08:48 AM
agreed on Showhome Furniture. we bought 2 pieces there recently and are happy with the quality vs. the price we paid. the service was great once and pretty bad another time, so it depends who is helping you. but they have some unique furniture that I haven't seen anywhere else. the kijiji ads definitely make you think the prices are super low, but in reality they are average, comparable with Urban Barn, but much more variety and more unique. we will definitely be putting that place on our list of stores to go to the next time we need to buy some furniture.

Lex350
04-01-2014, 09:13 AM
NEVER, EVER, EVER EVER go to Revolve unless you want to pay a good 30-40%$ more for an item made in China that you can find elsewhere for less. If you buy from there you are a fool!

Mitsu3000gt
04-01-2014, 09:17 AM
I ended up buying all of my furniture at Urban Barn in Deerfoot Meadows. The staff there was excellent, and helped me out a lot since I am so bad with colors, and making up my mind in general. They also have an awesome tool that can map out your room exactly, and then you can place pieces of furniture in it to see how they will look.

I looked around A LOT, and I feel like they had some of the best made furniture for fair prices. I also liked that it was made in Canada. I was a bit annoyed that I missed the 15% off custom furniture sale but I didn't want to wait another 6-12 months for it to happen again so I pulled the trigger anyway.

You pick your material (out of 300 or so swatches), foam density, and everything. It's pretty much full custom once you've decided on a basic style. Throw pillows are included.

I thought the warranty was pretty good too, 25 years on all frame/structural stuff and 5 years on any stains/spills/rips/burns/tears etc. even if they're my fault or a pet's fault. It does not cover nail polish remover or chewing gum.

Delivery is $99, regardless of how many items.

Takes 4-6 weeks or 6-12 weeks to come in, depending on which furniture manufacturer makes it.

I ended up with sofa + chaise lounger and also this giant nest looking thing:

http://www.urbanbarn.com/product/nest+custom+chair+as+shown.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search

If anyone likes the nest, COSTCO sells the EXACT SAME one, it just isn't customizable, has cheaper fabrics, and doesn't come with the long warranty, but it will be on sale for $929 in April + free delivery.:

http://www.costco.ca/Asha-Pewter-Cuddler-Chair-.product.100027341.html

I bought a TV stand and storage ottoman from costco as well, both are phenomenal for the price, and shipping took 2 days instead of "6-10 business days". I love COSTCO.

http://www.costco.ca/Washington---Brown-59-in.-Television-Stand.product.100022707.html

http://www.costco.ca/Bradford-Storage-Ottoman.product.100030502.html

Neil4Speed
04-01-2014, 09:44 AM

hich Hudson's Bay has the most furniture display or are they all the same?

Downtown, I don't even know if the other Bay stores have furniture.

flipstah
04-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Does Showhome Furniture carry sofas?

I'm digging this Urban Barn couch right now :drool:

http://www.urbanbarn.com/product/quentin+leather+sofa+-+orange.do

timdog
04-03-2014, 09:47 AM
yes Showhome carries sofas. But I dont think you can customize them like you do at Urban Barn. what you see is what you get at Showhome Furniture.

Lex350
04-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Does Showhome Furniture carry sofas?

I'm digging this Urban Barn couch right now :drool:

http://www.urbanbarn.com/product/quentin+leather+sofa+-+orange.do

This shit bugs me.
Something to consider. In the text they state this:

"Top-grain leather on contact areas, split leather used elsewhere - "

People get a false idea of what they are getting when they say this. Top grain leather is also a split grain leather. The difference is Top Grain is just that. The top layer of the split. When they say Split grain leather it is usually the bottom of the split layer that has been sanded to add consistent texture and then has fillers added to it. One is not any more durable than the other.

If you are going to spend money on a piece that you want to keep for more than 3-5 years, then make sure you get Full Grain Leather.

flipstah
04-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by rotten42

This shit bugs me.
Something to consider. In the text they state this:

"Top-grain leather on contact areas, split leather used elsewhere - "

People get a false idea of what they are getting when they say this. Top grain leather is also a split grain leather. The difference is Top Grain is just that. The top layer of the split. When they say Split grain leather it is usually the bottom of the split layer that has been sanded to add consistent texture and then has fillers added to it. One is not any more durable than the other.

If you are going to spend money on a piece that you want to keep for more than 3-5 years, then make sure you get Full Grain Leather.

Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely be looking for a sturdy hardwood frame with full grain leather.

I just want a nice couch that won't bust after a couple of years. :thumbsup:

flipstah
04-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Anyone has experience with Bracko Brothers?

I'll be hitting up places tomorrow to browse. :burnout:

flipstah
04-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Hit up the following places and thought I'd give my 2 cents on it:

- Visted kvg at The Brick for a mattress and he was very helpful. He knew his mattresses and I'm buying one off of him when possession date is closer as he can't hold stock for that long of a time. Ring him up for some mattress help! :thumbsup:

- Crate & Barrel had nice, comfortable sofas but selection was limited. Pricing was a bit on the high side for what you get

- Home Restoration are for old people

- Structube reminded me of a furniture store in T&T NE and I didn't like their offerings

- Roche Bobois is baller! There was one sofa that I fell in love with. Too bad it was $8k. :rofl:

- Nordesign is awesome and bought my sofa there. They had a wide range of couches for my ass to try and there was one that was just right. Pricing was great as well.

My mom came with me and I couldn't get out of this one leather recliner. It has an adjustable headrest, rocker,... errthang.

It wasn't in my budget and I was contemplating but she bought it for me as a housewarming gift. :love:

I might buy my dining set and media table there too. Maximize that $95 flat shipping rate! :rofl:

- Didn't go for fabric because it's prone to stains. You just wipe off leather and off to the races. :bigpimp:

Sugarphreak
04-04-2014, 10:29 PM

flipstah
04-04-2014, 10:52 PM
^ That's a sweet desk!

I'm contemplating on adding either one of these as my media console table but I don't have the balls to pull the trigger:

http://www.nordesign.ca/img/catalog/montana%20sofa%20table%20gray.jpg

http://www.nordesign.ca/img/catalog/Pacific1%20-%20Copy.JPG

:love: :drool:

Sugarphreak
04-04-2014, 11:10 PM

georgemagana
04-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Hey guys Im looking into buying some stuff from Nordesign. I read all the threads here about furniture shopping and so far it looks like Nordesign offers decently quality.

I just wanted a 2nd opinion on the following items. Want to make sure they won't break on me in 2 years lol

*Sectional:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123999846@N05/14052407672/in/photostream/

*Bed

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123999846@N05/14052401201/in/photostream/

From Nordesign:
TIV-KB/SPRING-GRY
FLOOR MODEL SHOWN - (finish) Matte Grey Oak Eco Veneer
INCOMING STOCK - (finish) Matte Grey Oak Eco Veneer
Tivoli King Bed w/ Lights by ALF UNO, also available in Queen
Size.

flipstah
04-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by georgemagana
Hey guys Im looking into buying some stuff from Nordesign. I read all the threads here about furniture shopping and so far it looks like Nordesign offers decently quality.

I just wanted a 2nd opinion on the following items. Want to make sure they won't break on me in 2 years lol

*Sectional:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123999846@N05/14052407672/in/photostream/

*Bed

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123999846@N05/14052401201/in/photostream/

From Nordesign:
TIV-KB/SPRING-GRY
FLOOR MODEL SHOWN - (finish) Matte Grey Oak Eco Veneer
INCOMING STOCK - (finish) Matte Grey Oak Eco Veneer
Tivoli King Bed w/ Lights by ALF UNO, also available in Queen
Size.

That bedroom set looks fantastic. Does it come with the mattress?

georgemagana
04-28-2014, 05:06 PM
^No it does no unfortunately and yea the fiancé and me knew it was the one as soon as we saw it haha.

Did you end up buying that couch from Nordesign? How is it holding up?

flipstah
04-28-2014, 05:19 PM
^No it does no unfortunately and yea the fiancé and me knew it was the one as soon as we saw it haha.

Did you end up buying that couch from Nordesign? How is it holding up?

I did buy a couch there but too early to tell.

Mitsu3000gt
04-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Figured I should give another thumbs up for Urban Barn. Shortly after I bought, they brought back the 15% off furniture sale for a weekend. They guessed that the sale wouldn't be on for another 6-12 months, so I bought when I did back in March at full price. The girls at the Deerfoot Meadows location couldn't discount the furniture I had already ordered, but they hooked me up with a gift card for the difference (~$500) which was more than I expected :thumbsup:

georgemagana
04-28-2014, 06:17 PM
^thats awesome! Im going to Urban Barn tonight! Do Urban Barn and Nordesign negotiate on prices at all?

Mitsu3000gt
04-28-2014, 06:36 PM
^thats awesome! Im going to Urban Barn tonight! Do Urban Barn and Nordesign negotiate on prices at all?

Urban Barn definitely does not, not even on delivery, at least on custom furniture. They occasionally have 15% off sales though. No idea about Nordesign.

Unknown303
04-28-2014, 06:46 PM
The Heritage store (Deerfoot Meadows) is where my wife worked before going on Mat Leave. pretty good group of people there but discounts don't seem to really happen on anything unless you work there.

The custom couches are great. We've had a large sectional for probably 4-5 years from there and the original foam in the cushions started to pack it in pretty quickly. After getting in touch with the manufacturer they sent us a whole new set of foams for free. Pretty damn good support in my opinion for a couch.

78si
04-28-2014, 07:40 PM
My colleague/friend's GF owns Country Living Furniture. We just ordered a sweet bedroom set. All there furniture is made in Canada or the US. Solid stuff.

http://www.countrylivingfurnishings.com/index.php

flipstah
04-28-2014, 09:31 PM

Nordesign didn't budge on my items because they were on sale but if you bought the regular priced items, I'm sure they'd give leeway since you're buying multiple items.