PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Eating Schedule?

Shaolin
02-26-2004, 12:55 AM
any of you guys have a weekly eating schedule? a buddy of mine that's in the force has one, and I'm thinking of taking a copy of it. Any of you have one? Currently i'm 5'5 145-150 and I'm looking to lose 10-15 pounds hopefully by June.

I don't have an eating schedule, I'm chinese so well, you get the idea.. every night is rice with something else.

My workout schedule is soccer 3 times a week (1 hour game time, 2 hours practice), and I'm going to be adding a 5k Run at Mallard Point Saturday Morning/Afternoon once March hits.

I know cardio wise I'm good, but I don't watch what I eat and I'd like to be cut again by the time summer comes around. Anyways, suggestions would be appreciated.. thanx.

legereandrew4
02-26-2004, 12:59 AM
dude
search on goodle, youll find sites that have it all to protein, fiber carb in take a day etc. etc.... youll get quickier finds that way then on here.

hockeybronx
02-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I don't have an eating schedule, I'm chinese so well, you get the idea.. every night is rice with something else.

Ah I love Chinese people that can joke a little here and there.

Dude it's all about thinking before you are eating. One good approach to take if you are active is asking yourself about foods that are "low nutrient/ high fat" and "high nutrient/ high fat".

There is nothing wrong with foods such as beef and cereals because they contain many essential nutrients.

If you cut out foods that have no nutritional value you will notice quite a difference.

Also drink tons of water. I try to drink 5 litres everyday. Water goes into your body and cools down the body temperature. This causes your metabolism to speed up so the reactions in your body will return it to normal temperature, thus you will burn more calories and fat, while also replenishing the most vital attribute of your body, your water supply.

Good luck, you seem very active so if you can motivate yourself you should be fine.:thumbsup:

Dope Dealer
03-04-2004, 10:38 PM
You're workout (aka cardio) sessions look not bad. If you are looking to get cut, I'd start with a diet that is around 2500 calories a day (5 meals a day).. I'd really recommend doing cardio FIRST THING in the morning as well, as soon as you wake up. Don't even eat anything, just go for a run or a jog or if you have a gym, go there and go on the cardio machines. The goal is to get to your 'target heart rate' and keep it there for 30-45 mins..

To get target heart rate, determine your RESTING HEART RATE (which is the amount of times your heart beats per minute when you wake up in the morning, at complete rest).

Then, you take the 220 - your age number, and subtract the RESTING HEART RATE from the result. Let's use a 20 year old as an example -- he would have 200 as his maximum heart rate, and if his RESTING HEART RATE were 50, then he would have a total of 150 (the 220 - his age of 20 figure MINUS the resting heart rate of 50 equals 150).

I'd really recommend hitting the weights 3x a week at least as well, since with a 2500 calorie diet, you may lose some muscle, but it all depends on how big you are now.

SoSlowDx
03-08-2004, 09:23 AM
breakfast is good, biggest meal should be lunch then light eating afterwards...yes rice for dinner but only small bowl hahaha

ecstasy_civic
03-08-2004, 10:18 AM
I eat not bad, but nothing wonderful and I still manage to stay very fit.

I also perodically do a stack of a few things;)

Shaolin
04-19-2004, 09:41 PM
well a little observation i came up with last week.. over the past 6 months I've gained 12 pounds, but my waist size is exactly the same.. I can't go for a run everyday because i work full time and go to school 3 times a week, so I can only work out on weekends.. although once summer semester starts i'm going to take an extra day of the week and go for a 40 minute run.. i've been having a bad case of shin splints as well so it doesn't help that I can only run as long as my shin splints stays away.. I don't do much weight training anymore because I used to lift alot back in high school, and I really don't need to get any bigger.. but if it's required because of the lower calories, I might start lifting light weights again just to keep them working.

Anyways, we'll see how things are.. I've cut down my portions already and once may comes around i'll be able to exercise more.. thanx for the help guys.

nickyh
04-21-2004, 12:33 PM
eat smaller meals more regulary through the day.

I eat 6 - 7 times a day but the portion sizes are about as big as my palm, tons of water.
Watch the rice - try and sub brown rice for white rice (I know i'm a heathen for mentioning that ) my BF is Flip so it took a while to switch him but he's able to maintain his weight on the brown rice.
Less sauces on the food.....
Just be more aware of what you eat.

xrayvsn
04-21-2004, 12:52 PM
You haven't mentioned alcohol intake. Drinks have a lot of empty calories, and alcohol tends to dehydrate you. Don't know if you have a few beers or whatever on the weekends, but these can quickly add up.

Try to limit how much alcohol you consume, if not eliminating it altogether.

Also, people who want to lose weight always concentrate on cardio, cardio, cardio. Having more lean body mass also helps burn calories, as a pound of muscle is much more metabolically active than a pound of fat. Putting on a little muscle mass will increase your basal metabolic rate, which means that your body uses more energy at rest. Consider adding some weights to your schedule, it will help.

Shaolin
04-21-2004, 03:21 PM
cool, thanx guys.. I have like one beer every 2 weeks.. my drinking days are behind me.. well i'm only 24 but yeah, the drinking days are behind me :D.. thanx for the input though.