PDA

View Full Version : Neatfreak car carpet cleaning review

95EG6P
11-23-2013, 11:54 AM
i just got my girlfriends toyota yaris car carpet and seat shampoo cleaned by neat freaks and i am really impressed. it was priced really well and the job was done perfectly. Cam was really easy going and walked me though what he was going to clean. My girlfriend had spilled some food on the backseat so i told him to pay some extra attention to that and it smells when the weather is really hot and he told me not a problem. So all in all i do recommend them job was 10/10 and the time he said it would be done was spot on too. Would recommend to all beyonders. GREAT JOB NEAT FREAKS :clap:

max_boost
11-23-2013, 12:12 PM
What they do car interiors now too? I could use a good clean after a winters worth of driving.

A790
11-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Our steam equipment can steam clean anything: car interiors (so long as they're not leather), furniture, drapes, carpets, upholstery, etc.

Our equipment uses hot water (around 180 - 195 Fahrenheit), 400 cfm of suction. We have all the tools to clean just about anything :). For reference, most people shower at 105 F, and a top-end Dyson pulls at 125 CFM.

All cleaning compounds are non-toxic, bio degradable, kid/pet/life safe.

Our offices are located at:

D6, 6115 3 St SE
Calgary, AB T2H 2L2
(403) 455-9333
www.fightinggrime.ca / www.neatfreakcarpetcleaning.ca

CanmoreOrLess
11-23-2013, 03:15 PM
I had Cam steam clean my seats and carpet (really nasty salt stains). First class work, in on time and out a couple of hours later as promised. He even wiped down the dash and windows. I can see getting this done yearly and when the time comes having his company clean the carpets and furniture in my house. Last year I rented a steam cleaner from the local Safeway, spent hours steaming the carpets and stairs, the whole time knowing I was not doing a good job and sweating like a hot yoga session. I'd have been better off working those many hours and hiring Cam to do the job right.

A790
11-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
I had Cam steam clean my seats and carpet (really nasty salt stains). First class work, in on time and out a couple of hours later as promised. He even wiped down the dash and windows. I can see getting this done yearly and when the time comes having his company clean the carpets and furniture in my house. Last year I rented a steam cleaner from the local Safeway, spent hours steaming the carpets and stairs, the whole time knowing I was not doing a good job and sweating like a hot yoga session. I'd have been better off working those many hours and hiring Cam to do the job right.
Heh, I agree with your last sentence ;)

Most houses can be carpet cleaned for $140 - $210 (depending on the size of the home). This includes up to 15 stairs as well as a complimentary StainGuard treatment on stairs and near your eating areas (helps prevent stains by acting as a barrier between the food/drink and the carpet fibres).

We have been testing a few different StainGuard options for several months and finally decided on which one to use three weeks ago. We are happy to offer this as a value-add at no extra charge for our Beyond clientele (who are helping me pay for my wedding as well as a few watches I've got my eyes on ;)).

Mibz
11-23-2013, 06:09 PM
I was really surprised at how inexpensive Cam's carpet cleaning was. Especially since you get service and a show.

G
11-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I was really surprised at how inexpensive Cam's carpet cleaning was. Especially since you get service and a show.

This is true. Cam was like a one man Chip and Dale show. Glad the wife wasn't home :poosie:

Gman.45
11-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Nice to see a Beyond business getting good reviews from another member.

I too hadn't even considered using this service for car and truck interiors, and after a few moments thought, I'll bet this could be the largest growth sector for Neatfreak. I usually just do the regular house cleaning type stuff - ok fine, we have a maid do it, but we still have never in 15 years together needed or used a "home steam" or "home specialty" cleaner other than a move out one time (see below), so as much as I liked the owner's attitude and such, I never saw myself ever contracting with Neatfreak for anything. That's just the perception that I have I guess, a nice guy, a good little start up company that in no way relates to me or my life. After seeing the prices and some details on operations, my mind is changing, I had no idea it was that affordable. I too have done the old Safeway rental once, and it was such a horrible experience and substandard result that I argued my way into a refund - yes, much better at negotiating than I am at cleaning.

Now however, I have umpteen vehicles that could use a good cleaning such as this, and after this review, it's really got me considering a quote for just our personal vehicles, trucks, boat, and even the carpet in our vintage motorcycle side car.

Considering we all came here at one point because of our love of cars, if I was on the board for Neatfreak, I would be pushing my marketing somewhat in that direction, and not just here, but city wide. Word of mouth at any stage in a small business is not just critical for $ flow, but it also has a sort of...benefit with moral, not just with owners and employees, but customers as well.

Anyway, great review. I'm pretty certain we'll be getting to know one another shortly, and we'll be able to contribute to your wedding/watch fund, hah. So long as one of the watches is a Submariner at least - I'm a firm believer that everyone's first "decent" watch should be a Submariner.

A790
11-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
:rofl:

Originally posted by G

This is true. Cam was like a one man Chip and Dale show. Glad the wife wasn't home :poosie:
:rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by Gman.45
Nice to see a Beyond business getting good reviews from another member.

I too hadn't even considered using this service for car and truck interiors, and after a few moments thought, I'll bet this could be the largest growth sector for Neatfreak. I usually just do the regular house cleaning type stuff - ok fine, we have a maid do it, but we still have never in 15 years together needed or used a "home steam" or "home specialty" cleaner other than a move out one time (see below), so as much as I liked the owner's attitude and such, I never saw myself ever contracting with Neatfreak for anything. That's just the perception that I have I guess, a nice guy, a good little start up company that in no way relates to me or my life. After seeing the prices and some details on operations, my mind is changing, I had no idea it was that affordable. I too have done the old Safeway rental once, and it was such a horrible experience and substandard result that I argued my way into a refund - yes, much better at negotiating than I am at cleaning.

Now however, I have umpteen vehicles that could use a good cleaning such as this, and after this review, it's really got me considering a quote for just our personal vehicles, trucks, boat, and even the carpet in our vintage motorcycle side car.

Considering we all came here at one point because of our love of cars, if I was on the board for Neatfreak, I would be pushing my marketing somewhat in that direction, and not just here, but city wide. Word of mouth at any stage in a small business is not just critical for $ flow, but it also has a sort of...benefit with moral, not just with owners and employees, but customers as well.

Anyway, great review. I'm pretty certain we'll be getting to know one another shortly, and we'll be able to contribute to your wedding/watch fund, hah. So long as one of the watches is a Submariner at least - I'm a firm believer that everyone's first "decent" watch should be a Submariner.
Heh, we are considering purchasing a second machine strictly for car interiors/upholstery. It depends on how the business does. We aren't a "detailing" company, so to speak, but then again... most detailers don't use a sledgehammer to put a nail in the wall ;)

Gman.45
11-24-2013, 01:23 AM
That's sort of what I was considering - I have some carpets that every time they go in for a "detail" job, they are pretty much the thing that gets the least amount of attention and work. Detailing in my experience looks a lot more fun using q tips and windex on windows and such, and not so much scrubbing/cleaning muddy dirty spilled on floor carpets, and the results speak for this, from at least 4 different places I've tried.

I figured a company that specializes in carpets would probably do a far better job ON carpets, car or otherwise, and you wouldn't have to do a whole hell of a lot to improve over what's out there IMO, not that I'm certain there isn't a good detailer or two, I've just not had the pleasure as yet.

bignerd
11-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by A790

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Heh, we are considering purchasing a second machine strictly for car interiors/upholstery. It depends on how the business does. We aren't a "detailing" company, so to speak, but then again... most detailers don't use a sledgehammer to put a nail in the wall ;)

Husbands friend use to clean our carpets for us, he would clean car seats and carpets as well while he was over doing the house. It worked out great really I mean you have better equipment and are already there so is super convenient (to me as a customer). Maybe something you could think of doing as an "add on" for people who are getting houses done? Something like add one car for $30 bucks or two for $50 etc.

Lex350
11-24-2013, 02:26 AM
Yup...two thumbs up!

adamc
11-24-2013, 02:53 AM
What's the cost like for a vehicle carpet cleaning?

I could really use it. Can't get the wet dog smell out of my fold down back seats.

A790
11-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by bignerd

Husbands friend use to clean our carpets for us, he would clean car seats and carpets as well while he was over doing the house. It worked out great really I mean you have better equipment and are already there so is super convenient (to me as a customer). Maybe something you could think of doing as an "add on" for people who are getting houses done? Something like add one car for $30 bucks or two for $50 etc.
It takes about two hours for us to clean a small car's interior seats/carpet. We vacuum all surfaces/seats first, then apply a mild detergent. We then hand-scrub with a horsehair brush to agitate the detergent. The detergent is allowed to dwell for 15 minutes, at which point we then extract using our equipment.

This process, while long, provides a consistently excellent result. We don't just run a steam machine over the area- we lather a detergent and scrub the hell out of it! Because of this having an add on for $50ish simply isn't feasible.

Originally posted by adamc
What's the cost like for a vehicle carpet cleaning?

I could really use it. Can't get the wet dog smell out of my fold down back seats.
We charge $55/hr for however long the car is in our bay. If I quote you a start time of 9 am, that means the vehicle is in my bay and I'm working as of 9:01 am.

For most small/medium sized cars it works out to be between $110 and $130 (plus tax). Larger vans/trucks can be between $165 and $195 (ish).

One customer brought in a vehicle that was already pristine looking and we had them in/out in 45 minutes. Another one brought in a truck where it looked like a few cans of coke had exploded inside. That was a $220 job, but the result was pretty spectacular.

As I mentioned before, we aren't a detailing bay. We aren't the company to bring your car to if you want us to get inside your vents/etc. However, I like sending you home with a car that looks and feels good so we often are able to tackle more than just your carpets. We'll wipe down surfaces, windows, etc. if we have the time while the detergent is dwelling. :)

HiSpec
12-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Quick question, do you remove the seats to clean the areas under the seat?

A790
12-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
Quick question, do you remove the seats to clean the areas under the seat?
Yep, we can. Remember that we charge hourly so it's entirely up to you how you want it handled :)

ExtraSlow
05-11-2016, 01:07 PM
I know Cam is no longer associated with this company, but thought I'd post a mini-review of this vehicle cleaning service.
Got them to do my beat up truck, which as a farm truck has numerous stains on seats and carpet, as well a lot of mud ground into those same surfaces. Also lots of dog hair, and noticeable "wet dog" smell. Let's be clear, the interior of this truck was a total wreck.

Dropped the truck off at the Neatfreak world headquarters, they gave me a ride over to chinook mall. About two and a half hours later, truck was done, they picked me up again, great service!

Unfortunately, the truck doesn't look that good. I don't know if the equipment they use has changed, or the skill or effort has been reduced, but there are still noticeable stains on the seats, there is still mud in carpet folds around door sills, and there is still dog hair in the seats. I expressed my surprise at the poor condition and they did offer me a discount to the initial quote. Overall, if I had known the final product, I would not have spent any money for what I felt was a very small improvement.

I have previously used "real" detailers like Jed and others on very dirty vehicle interiors, and I know NeatFreak isn't charging anywhere close to the same price.

Maybe I was expecting miracles, but my expectations were not met. This is a shame because I am a former client of this company for house cleaning services, and I was always 100% satisfied with their quality.

Disoblige
05-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I know Cam is no longer associated with this company, but thought I'd post a mini-review of this vehicle cleaning service.
Got them to do my beat up truck, which as a farm truck has numerous stains on seats and carpet, as well a lot of mud ground into those same surfaces. Also lots of dog hair, and noticeable "wet dog" smell. Let's be clear, the interior of this truck was a total wreck.

Dropped the truck off at the Neatfreak world headquarters, they gave me a ride over to chinook mall. About two and a half hours later, truck was done, they picked me up again, great service!

Unfortunately, the truck doesn't look that good. I don't know if the equipment they use has changed, or the skill or effort has been reduced, but there are still noticeable stains on the seats, there is still mud in carpet folds around door sills, and there is still dog hair in the seats. I expressed my surprise at the poor condition and they did offer me a discount to the initial quote. Overall, if I had known the final product, I would not have spent any money for what I felt was a very small improvement.

I have previously used "real" detailers like Jed and others on very dirty vehicle interiors, and I know NeatFreak isn't charging anywhere close to the same price.

Maybe I was expecting miracles, but my expectations were not met. This is a shame because I am a former client of this company for house cleaning services, and I was always 100% satisfied with their quality.
That's too bad, they should have offered you a discount as well as fix it, or do a no charge. Sounds like a place to stay away, as I definitely will.

A790
05-11-2016, 04:17 PM
That makes me a sad Cameron :(

ExtraSlow
05-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Makes me sad too. I will be working on these stains myself as time and energy permit. Perhaps they are beyond all hope.

g-m
05-11-2016, 06:00 PM
the house cleaning is amazing

blownz
05-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Last two times I have had my carpets cleaned in the house, I made sure to have my trailer home and asked if they could do the trailer for $20 cash. Both times it wasn't a problem and makes the trailer look brand new. :thumbsup:

Good review on Neatfreak, if I still lived in Calgary I would try them out. :thumbsup: