PDA

View Full Version : Cardiology Technology in Canada

Sunshine18!
11-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Hey so I am just curious if any of you have done the Cardiology Technology program from BCIT? I am curious what the full time distance program is like? As well as job opportunities after school? Any info is great!!

Thanks

Vmack
11-25-2013, 09:56 AM
I looked at the program a bit. Saw a hand full of jobs open up around early summer at a few of the hospitals, but I never looked too far into it as the local school here costs 20k for the one year.

My biggest concern was how poor the CSCT's website looked. didn't make me feel very comfortable with the organization as a whole.

just my 2 cents.

Sunshine18!
11-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks for your response

I would have to agree that website does not look very promising. Sucks because Cardiology Technology looks like an awesome job. Just not many job postings that I could find. Guess I will keep looking at other health care programs.

Vmack
11-25-2013, 10:30 PM
thats what I would suggest. I would highly suggest trying to get into either Radiologic Technology or Sonography from SAIT or NAIT. lots of jobs, good pay. can be tough to get into though. I'm currently set to start MRT here in Winnipeg next fall.

Respiratory Therapy can also be good, but is much more demanding as a career

Sunshine18!
11-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Congratulations on getting into MRT. I tried Sonography from SAIT and unfortunately didn’t get in, very competitive program. I did apply also to Medical Laboratory Technology and I have an interview for that coming up soon. Fingers crossed