Ben
02-26-2004, 03:49 AM
Pho Hoai: 3rd Ave and 1st St SE
Far East Shopping Center

Food: 9/10
Ambiance: 7/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 9/10

I have been frequenting this establishment off and on for the past 2 years. My rating system is based on all Vietnamese restaurants I have been to in the past. So its is not saying it is the best food anywhere in town from any kind of restaurants, just out of Vietnamese ones. :)

I would definatly say that of all the Pho joints in town this one has by far the most beef of any others. They also use higher quality than most. It is also Extremely fast. Never once have I had to wait more than 5 minutes from walking in till it is served.

The broth is also very good, rich in flavor, and contains good proportion of the appropriate spices and vegetables.

The price is also extremely good. They seem to have a "More for Less" attitude compared to many other restaurants. I think the fact it is based in China town helps. The XL size is absolutly massive.

Thumbsup for Pho Hoai.

Redlyne_mr2
02-26-2004, 03:59 AM
Don't know how much Id rely on a Pho review from a guy named Ben:rofl: :D

BebeAphrodite
02-26-2004, 04:32 AM
he he he, i dunno if i would take the 'fast service' as a good thing or a bad thing.. cuz doesn't it mean it's been sitting around forever?

I've never seen it before... but I'll keep it in mind if i ever have viet food cravings

girlRACER
02-26-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Ben
[b]
The broth is also very good, rich in flavor, and contains good proportion of the appropriate spices and vegetables.

Thumbsup for Pho Hoai.

hehe...and don't forget their broth is scalding hot....just how I like it...not like some of those other pho places that serve the soup lukewarm.

I love that place! :thumbsup:

BebeAphrodite
02-26-2004, 05:07 AM
jackie: I got so confused when i saw racergirl's post cuz I thought it was you, lol

jayvtec
02-26-2004, 08:25 AM
pho hoai is a great place...clean, nice ppl, and food especially. better than any of the the other vietnamese resto...

Ben
02-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Don't know how much Id rely on a Pho review from a guy named Ben:rofl: :D

pfft, shut up fob, haha

SoSlowDx
03-01-2004, 12:34 PM
as vietnamese I say food no good...I know place very long time...no good no good...but we all have different taste...most vietnamese ppl I know don't like it...see mostly cacausian customers...
:)

thich
03-01-2004, 06:44 PM
my mother has always told me to never eat there - altho she never told me why.
and I have never recalled in all my 15 years in Calgary that I've never ever eaten there.
All I ever hear is "don't eat there..."
lol.

I like Pho Pasteur though... and that's only a block down.

Def_3
03-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Thats ROGERS restaurant, SOME bomb ass soup! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CRXguy
03-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by thich

I like Pho Pasteur though... and that's only a block down.

LOL.... not like that's any better than Pho Hoai! :barf:

Pho Hoai used to be good a long time ago.

gokuu
03-01-2004, 08:58 PM
mmmmm, word up on the pho hoi #1 on my list mmmmm

jus_sum_guy
03-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

LOL.... not like that's any better than Pho Hoai! :barf:

Pho Hoai used to be good a long time ago.

Heyyyyyyyy......what's wrong with Pho Hoai now??:dunno:

jus_sum_guy
03-01-2004, 09:40 PM
By the way....Thank you very much for the review Ben. Greatly appreciated. :thumbsup: