PDA

View Full Version : Deep Web?

weezy00
11-28-2013, 02:08 AM
So a few friends were telling me about the Deep Web, and how to stay away from it and get in trouble browsing it.

Is this true?

Also you hear of a lot of stuff that you do not want to see on there, what are people referring to?

Any info is appreciated, as with anything "secret"/"unknown" it peeked my interest.

GoChris
11-28-2013, 07:54 AM
It's the sites you can't get to without using the Tor network. It's where you'd find sites like Silk Road (now taken down by the FBI) and other drug buy/sell sites. As well as the rest of the seedy stuff you don't want to see.

jdmXSI
11-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Thought it was called the dark web... anyways, I thought Silk Road had a roaming web address along wi5h ip address which is consistently changing. Not surprised to hear it was taken down as you could buy anything counterfeit to weapons using bitcoins. Trust you friend's, there is some dark seedy shit that no one should know about except the people trying to stop it.

khanan
11-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Thought it was called the dark web... anyways, I thought Silk Road had a roaming web address along wi5h ip address which is consistently changing. Not surprised to hear it was taken down as you could buy anything counterfeit to weapons using bitcoins. Trust you friend's, there is some dark seedy shit that no one should know about except the people trying to stop it.

Exactly, a lot of the stuff in "deep web" is of a very, how do i put it nicely? F***ed up nature. So just stay away from it.

Here is a graph to put everything in retrospect.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fMjjqAwQDsQ/UmQAFk2sjLI/AAAAAAAACJY/bkVh1LPIQrI/s1600/deep+web.png

heavyfuel
11-28-2013, 08:43 AM
There's gotta be more to the deep web than pedo shit and buying weapons online, no? I just installed the tor browser but I can't fuckin figure out how to use it. Might be a good thing lol

GoChris
11-28-2013, 10:59 AM
There are some other stuff, like some usenet/nzb index sites now run on the tor network.

weezy00
11-28-2013, 01:34 PM
That is what I am wondering, what could be worse? I know Kiddy Pron is probably the worst stuff I know of, so what could be worse? The internet has desensitized most of us, with all the beheading and 3 guys with a hammer videos/murder videos.

Sdeibert
11-29-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/hpduk/til_about_the_deep_web_what_it_contains_and_how/

Should be enough info there to keep you awake this weekend..:)