PDA

View Full Version : Calgary used car dealership list

frozenrice
11-28-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm on the hunt for a vehicle after our family vehicle got written off in an accident. I'm getting frustrated scouring Kijiji and AutoTrader.ca. Is there a list of used car dealers somewhere? I've searched on yellowpages, but I'm sure not all the dealers are listed on there. I'm hoping that some of the dealers will have sites with an inventory listing that I can peek at before wasting my time driving around.

Please do not refer me to ezcarsandtrucks....... (what a terrible site - SRT8 and Jeep Cherokee are listed under vehicle type and Altima, Cadillac and GL550 are listed under makes lol :nut:) I can't believe I even checked it out after seeing that thread.

ndhal417
11-28-2013, 10:58 PM
http://www.autotrader.ca/dealer/dealerfinder/dealerfinder.aspx?prv=Alberta&r=20&rprv=True&st=11&cty=Calgary&rcty=True

soccernut
11-29-2013, 08:28 AM
I know that all dealerships are crooks and out to get your money but I can never trust ANY used car dealership.

It's best to avoid them and persevere with Kijiji. You will have to be patient and do your homework and spend more time finding the right car but it will be all worth it at the end.

frozenrice
11-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the link. I didn't know Autotrader had that feature.

Thanks for the advice soccernut, if I had time on my side, I'd stick to kijjiji, but this is my wife's daily and the insurance rental is running out. :dunno: I'll keep looking on kijjiji, but wanted to see what some of the lots had for options.

MrSector9
11-29-2013, 10:01 AM
There is an option to select dealer only on kijiji as well.

frozenrice
11-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Didn't know that either. Thing is neither Autotrader or kijjiji list ALL of the dealer lots. I know of a few that exist but don't see them listed anywhere.

Wrinkly
11-29-2013, 10:52 AM
I've bought two cars from Mo (yes, a used car salesman called "Mo" lol) at Millennium autos in the NE, with no problems. Obviously due diligence is in order with any used vehicle, private or otherwise.

bourge73
11-29-2013, 11:05 AM
I have had the best luck buying off Beyond. :thumbsup:

frozenrice
11-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
I have had the best luck buying off Beyond. :thumbsup:

Believe me, Beyond was the first place I looked, but with the demographic of the members here, there was nothing that suits our needs or price range.

beyond_ban
11-29-2013, 03:20 PM
^ what is it you're looking for? Perhaps some beyonders know of others with a vehicle that fits your description. Worth a shot :dunno:

NoMoreG35
11-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
^ what is it you're looking for? Perhaps some beyonders know of others with a vehicle that fits your description. Worth a shot :dunno:

:thumbsup: :werd:

frozenrice
11-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Budget is in the $8000 +/- range (that's about what we got from insurance settlement). Being the Honda fanboy I am, I'm leaning towards the following:

03-07 Honda Pilot
04 (2nd gen) Odyssey (no 99-03s - due to risky transmission issue)
05-06 Odyssey

Key here being seating for more than 5 and high up view. I'll consider other makes as well but I'm just more comfortable and familiar with Hondas.

bourge73
11-29-2013, 04:31 PM
Have you looked into say Leasing with Honda? We just got the wife a 2013 CRV (too small for you yes) @ 1.9% all Maintenance covered for the entire term (nothing to do when we turn it back to Honda either) free oil changes, zero down, for around $350 per month. Somthing to consider especially as the Pilots were being offered for low rates as well.

The whole thing was as painfree as I have done a car deal. On the recommendation of Sorath we talked to Wayne @ Airdrie Honda. :thumbsup: (plus you can just blow or save the $8 gs lol)

frozenrice
11-30-2013, 02:42 PM
The old van was paid off and we really don't want any monthly commitments. Mechanically it was in good shape so it didn't really cost us anything other than operating costs. If we can find something in our price range we'll be happy.

Black Gts
12-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Go to the actual Honda dealership's around town, or look at them online. In my experience not all vehicles are listed online, and it's worth a trip in. I personally have bought 2 used cars from dealership's and 1 from a used car lot and I'll never do a car lot again. If you can find one at a proper dealership just set yourprice offer it and walk if need be, since your looking a bbit older it should be fairly easy.

AE92_TreunoSC
12-01-2013, 11:39 AM
TnT Honda just helped me mediate my sale of my 08 Pilot used and I can't say enough good about them. I bought it from there as well and they had a really good selection of 06-08 pilot when I was looking for them 2 years ago.

hampstor
12-01-2013, 11:52 AM
While you can do the search yourself based on public listings, quite a few dealerships will be more than happy to do it for you. Additionally, they will know what may be coming in from trade-ins at their dealership and can find out from other dealerships too. I suggest getting in contact with a Honda dealer's used car manager, give them your criteria, and seeing what they can find for you.

When I bought my truck, the used car manager searched Western Canada, and the pacific northwest for the truck I was looking for. They ended up finding one that a BC Nissan dealer was importing up from the US, and did most of the paperwork and transportation for me.

frozenrice
12-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the tips on the dealers. I'll give that a go around and see what comes up.

FullFledgedYYC
12-01-2013, 01:12 PM
I don't see how dealers are "Crooks".

Sure the price may be higher, but you are getting security in the form of warranty and an inspection. If that inspection report is false, take it back and call them on it.

Anytime I have bought used from kijiji or autotrader privately it has been a nightmare and the car usually needs a huge repair bill about a year later. Anytime I have been involved in buying used from a dealer there has been no issue as the one time I DID have a check engine light 2 weeks later it was taken care of.

Private is just extremely risky in my mind and all those used car lots scattered around the city are no better.

Sugarphreak
12-01-2013, 01:24 PM