PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on a 2010 M/B glk 350

harmlessv8
12-01-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm thinking of getting one of them... but would like to get some feed back on this SUV good /bad and what to look for before buying one.

Thanks

btimbit
12-02-2013, 02:09 PM
I test drove one. Not a fan of the styling, but the interior and drive were very nice.

Sorry don't remember much that I liked it past those things, because two issues made me walk away.

-I'm not a woman
-I'm not Asian

I'm not one to worry about the appearance of a vehicle, especially when it comes to being 'manly' or not (Despite the pickup truck, ignore that :p)but driving around in a GLK all day I'd tell people I borrowed it form my girlfriend. Great car, but I relate the image to driving a blue VW bettle convertible

never
12-02-2013, 02:21 PM
My wife has a 2010 GLK. It's a decent SUV, a bit on the small side but it has smooth power and drives/handles well. Only issues so far have been a leaking washer fluid reservoir, auto open rear hatch works intermittently and a swaybar bushing clunk from the front end. All were fixed by the dealer under warranty except for the rear hatch, which they weren't able to replicate.

colinxx235
12-02-2013, 02:22 PM
get a Q5 or X3 or something else.

Good
- great in summer, handles well and can rip around/have fun
- think it looks pretty sharp
- awesome turning radius
- like the sun/roof pano
- good seat memory/functions in the benz

Cons
- gas mileage sucks ass for what you are getting in power
- awd is the worst of the competition
- sound system was meh
- smart key/fob is terrible, drains a battery every 6 months too. also relates to how annoying the touch sensors are on the door.

that or just upgrade and get an ML350...

BokCh0y
12-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by btimbit
blah blah

Sorry don't remember much that I liked it past those things, because two issues made me walk away.

-I'm not a woman
-I'm not Asian

THIS.

I like the cute little blonde or brunette bimbos driving these.

shakalaka
12-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Maybe the op's a girl?

carson blocks
12-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I think the styling is sharp, it has a great interior, and I love the available turbodiesel engine (GLK250 model). I was seriously considering picking one up as just a little commuter. One of the main things that stopped me was trying to sit in the backseat, and I've got freakishly short legs. If you wish to haul any friends or family around that have legs, this isn't the vehicle for you. If everyone you know either fits in a carseat or has everything below the waist amputated, it might work great for you.

never
12-02-2013, 05:55 PM
I do feel gay when I have to take the GLK to work for some reason.