PDA

View Full Version : Samsung S3 Dead

G-ZUS
12-02-2013, 12:53 PM
I was using my S3, over 90% on the battery and it just died on me. I tried to turn it back on but it just goes to the Samsung logo, then the Galaxy SIII logo then it goes all black again.

I tried going into recovery mode to do a factory reset but I am not able to get in either. Hold Vol Up + power + home buttons and the Samsung logo will come up with restore mode in blue in the top left corner and then the Galaxy SIII logo will pop up and it goes black again. Has anyone had this happen to their S3 before?

If I take out the battery and put it back in it will automatically try to turn on but will go black after the Galaxy SIII logo. Now I am getting no response from it. Possibly a bad battery?

Redlined_8000
12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
1st thing I would try is a battery pull. See if it starts up.

If that dosent work I bet your battery is dead. try to plug your phone to the charger and start it up.

My S3 has been having problems, all were caused to the phone not being charged, even if it reads 90% full.

G-ZUS
12-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
1st thing I would try is a battery pull. See if it starts up.

If that dosent work I bet your battery is dead. try to plug your phone to the charger and start it up.

My S3 has been having problems, all were caused to the phone not being charged, even if it reads 90% full.

I have tried the battery pull, If I take out the battery and put it back in it will automatically try to turn on but will go black after the Galaxy SIII logo. I will try a different battery tonight, hopefully that will fix it

Redlined_8000
12-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

I have tried the battery pull, If I take out the battery and put it back in it will automatically try to turn on but will go black after the Galaxy SIII logo. I will try a different battery tonight, hopefully that will fix it

Yup you can buy replacement battery's off ebay for decent prices. I also got on order 3 OEM Samsung chargers off ebay as I believe the problem is that the charger burns out after a while. Lots of people having problems with it.

If its not the battery not sure! GL

jsn
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Did you try turning it on with the charger like redline mentioned? Even if the battery is dead, it should turn on if it's plugged into the charger.

G-ZUS
12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by jsn
Did you try turning it on with the charger like redline mentioned? Even if the battery is dead, it should turn on if it's plugged into the charger.

Tried that, no dice :(

jsn
12-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Maybe try a new cable. Some phones are picky with their cables. I've had few cables that charge my s3, but for some reason they don't let me transfer data with them. The cheaper ones don't seem to work very well. Maybe try a new cable. May have burnt out like redlined said.

firebane
12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Some phones even when the battery is completely dead won't turn on even if plugged into the wall.

My Galaxy S2 is like this.

G-ZUS
12-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Tried a few different cables, batteries etc and same thing still.

Redlined_8000
12-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Thats very weird. I would suggest you confirm the battery you are using actually isn't dead. Also sometimes its the charger itself not the cord.

If all fails you can try this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3x-2300mAh-Battery-USB-Charger-for-SamSung-Galaxy-S-3-III-i535-T999-L710-i9300-/350835968188?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item51af7408bc&_uhb=1

If its not the battery than not sure.....

G-ZUS
12-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, I tried 3 different batteries and 2 different cables and all same result. Ended up taking it to a repair shop who said the motherboard is shot :(

G-ZUS
12-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Today I bought a broken screen S3 off Kijiji. Switched the motherboards between the 2 but now my touch screen is not responding at all, home and side buttons work but the 2 menu and back buttons at the bottom of the phone dont work either. :banghead:

GQBalla
12-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Take everything apart and firmly reseat the ribbon connectors. Took me three times of reseating when I replaced my s3 digitizer

mr2mike
12-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Odd the only time I've had an issue like you say is when I loaded the wrong ROM accidentally. It was meant for a different S3 and then it wouldn't boot. Sent it away to have the guy J-Tag a stock ROM onto it.

Yes, the ribbons are tough to tell sometimes if they're fully connected.

quick_scar
12-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Today I bought a broken screen S3 off Kijiji. Switched the motherboards between the 2 but now my touch screen is not responding at all, home and side buttons work but the 2 menu and back buttons at the bottom of the phone dont work either. :banghead:

Should have bought mine. :rofl:

In all seriousness though, if you need another phone, make an offer.

G-ZUS
12-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Take everything apart and firmly reseat the ribbon connectors. Took me three times of reseating when I replaced my s3 digitizer

I will try that.

Originally posted by quick_scar

Should have bought mine. :rofl:

In all seriousness though, if you need another phone, make an offer.

Could have happened with your phone too, the parts phone was working when I bought it, just a cracked glass. Paid $50 for it, didn't want to pay $180 for a parts phone and I didn't want to lowball you, so? Good luck with your sale. :)