PDA

View Full Version : I wanna buy something in the US, but they wont ship to Canada?

InRich
12-03-2013, 10:07 PM
damn it. whats wrong with these businesses?

I wanna go ahead and buy two chairs from
http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Embody-Chair

but they wont ship to canada... anyone know what I can do, and get these ordered while they still have discounts out?

anyone else have a problem like this?

blitz
12-03-2013, 10:13 PM
This literally took me 7 seconds.

http://www.eq3.com/ca/en/p25850/embody-chair

InRich
12-03-2013, 10:15 PM
yea but I cant design the colors and options i want with that site...

blitz
12-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Call them and see if they can order it in for you.

Jesus people are lazy these days.

roopi
12-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Ship it to the border storage place in Montana and either pick it up or have spikers pick it up on one of his trips.

sr20s14zenki
12-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Inform then of your heloc?

boarderfatty
12-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Im surprised with the size of your HELOC you wouldnt just buy a house in the US to ship it to, then pick it up.

Star1995
12-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Perhaps it's because COI in Calgary is their dealer and they have the rights to sell in Calgary. Google them and give them a call. Contemporary Office Furnishing on Portland road.

darthVWader
12-04-2013, 07:13 AM
COI will order it for you in the colours you want. Also you can sit in one if you go to the showroom.

BensonTT
12-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Save your money... its ugly... :( :(

NoMoreG35
12-04-2013, 09:53 AM
I had it at my old work... Way overpriced for what it is...

woodywoodford
12-04-2013, 10:23 AM
To each their own, but that back would drive me nuts. Way too narrow.

A790
12-04-2013, 10:25 AM
That's one expensive office chair... lol

JRSC00LUDE
12-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by InRich
damn it. whats wrong with these businesses?

I wanna go ahead and buy two chairs from
http://store.hermanmiller.com/Products/Embody-Chair

but they wont ship to canada... anyone know what I can do, and get these ordered while they still have discounts out?

anyone else have a problem like this?

There's nothing wrong with these businesses.

No one else has a problem like this because they click the links on that website and find the authorized retailers and all the other answers they're looking for instead of making a thread to showcase their inability to navigate websites and understand how businesses operate.

Originally posted by A790
That's one expensive office chair... lol

But it goes well with the many leather-bound books and scent of rich mahogany.

colinxx235
12-04-2013, 11:02 AM
did you make sure to tell them you drive a 100k BMW and they are inferior to you and should bow down and send it to you ASAP first? might help :dunno:

Tik-Tok
12-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

No one else has a problem like this because they know how to use google.

Fixed

Rat Fink
12-04-2013, 11:11 AM

JRSC00LUDE
12-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by colinxx235
did you make sure to tell them you drive a 60k BMW and they are inferior to you and should bow down and send it to you ASAP first? might help :dunno:

Fixed.

Afrodeziak
12-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Use myus. They give you a us shipping location. It ships to Florida and then they ship it up. If you can score free shipping to Florida, no biggy.

Shipping uses USPS, FedEx, etc.

InRich
12-04-2013, 12:58 PM
U guys got any good recommendations for good officer chairs? these guys have good reviews.

I'll check out the portland place I guess, just didnt wanna be charged full retail for one of these.

JRSC00LUDE
12-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Ok, fun's over.....

Try somewhere in Calgary that deals with Hon furniture. I wouldn't buy an office chair without trying a few out. A competent seller should be able to fit one to your physical needs.

After that, order it online if you need to.

speedog
12-04-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm curious - will everyone who's been a bit of a dick in this thread be beating down on the next member who posts up such a thread because it will happen again?

Yeah, I know that InRich is a favorite whipping boy on these forums, but I would dare say that other won't get ttreated as bad even though they are just as deserving. One only has to watch some threads that are bumped and see that there is obviously a pecking order in place.

Tik-Tok
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Shut your filthy mouth hole, '08.

C_Dave45
12-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by speedog
I'm curious - will everyone who's been a bit of a dick in this thread be beating down on the next member who posts up such a thread because it will happen again?

Yeah, I know that InRich is a favorite whipping boy on these forums, but I would dare say that other won't get ttreated as bad even though they are just as deserving. One only has to watch some threads that are bumped and see that there is obviously a pecking order in place.
x2. What makes it even more ironic, is that the source of this beaten horse of a "joke", isn't even true.
Gets a little tiring.

s3v3n
12-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Just ship it to montana
I have to go down there to pick up all my crap soon anyway

speedog
12-04-2013, 03:43 PM
U guys got any good recommendations for good officer chairs? these guys have good reviews.

I'll check out the portland place I guess, just didnt wanna be charged full retail for one of these.

A locally owned place would probably appreciate your monies a bit more than a faceless business out of country or across the pond and besides that, the few extra bucks you might spend here could very well get you a lot more after-sales support then you'll ever get otherwise - yeah, I know it's not the way of many beyond members but I truly believe monies spent locally benefit all of us in the long run.

Tik-Tok
12-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

x2. What makes it even more ironic, is that the source of this beaten horse of a "joke", isn't even true.
Gets a little tiring.

The source of the joke is actually him getting scammed in a MLM heloc thing.

Then there's his classic doucheness like this that keeps people wanting to laugh at him. Continually selling yourself up to people wears thin.

Originally posted by EnRich

dont insult my business skills, cause I probably make twice what you do...

You show the work you're proud of on here without being narcissistic, where as he just brags about himself. Even this thread reeks of him just bragging about the chair he wants to afford, because if he really was interested, it only takes 5 seconds of google to figure out how to get it here.

Feruk
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
could very well get you a lot more after-sales support then you'll ever get otherwise
It's a chair... The only after-sales support he'll need will be when he realized how badly he was raped spending $1400 on something he'll sit leaning forward in anyway.

speedog
12-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Man, InRich could so troll so many of you.

InRich
12-04-2013, 05:01 PM
^ lol tik-toks so mad... I actually find it entertaining... the more they bash me, the more I laugh... its really why I come on beyond, the comedy.

As for the chair, I sit in my office all day long, esp now in the winter like 6 - 10 hours at least everyday, so I wanted something super good... its like a bed, why cheap out on something your in half your life.

Tik-Tok
12-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Man, InRich could so troll so many of you.

He's been trolling us for 10 years, lol. He just doesn't realize he's a troll.

InRich
12-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

He's been trolling us for 10 years, lol. He just doesn't realize he's a troll.

lol! u mad bra? maybe a lil jelly?

Tik-Tok
12-04-2013, 05:08 PM

lol! u mad bra? maybe a lil jelly?

Not even a little. Just stating the facts sir.

ExtraSlow
12-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Rich, here's a totally different way you could go with this.
What about a standing desk? My desk at work is motorized, so it takes me about ten seconds to go from standing to sitting. So easy.
Standing is definetly much easier on my back. You need a soft mat to stand on so you aren't hurting your knees though. If you get tired of standing, lower the desk to sitting height for the last couple of hours a day.

No idea of the cost of those desks, but to me, that's worth more than a chair.

InRich
12-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Not even a little. Just stating the facts sir.

nah u mad. tell you what... I'll send you a nice jar of jelly? you like blueberry right?

JRSC00LUDE
12-04-2013, 05:22 PM
As for the chair, I sit in my office all day long, esp now in the winter like 6 - 10 hours at least everyday, so I wanted something super good... its like a bed, why cheap out on something your in half your life.

That's why, seriously, I recommend looking at some Hon stuff.

They're not junk and, like said, you need to go test drive a couple to really be happy with what you're getting. :thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
12-04-2013, 05:26 PM

nah u mad. tell you what... I'll send you a nice jar of jelly? you like blueberry right?

Just to be clear then, you agree that you have the jelly, and not me? No thanks though, blueberry is for housewives and little girls. Real men eat jalapeno.