PDA

View Full Version : Making a warranty claim + Odd sound during acceleration

Maybelater
12-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Okay, first things first. My car has developed an odd issue, whenever I accelerate in forward motion, varying at times from lightly and almost always during high acceleration I get a strange sound. When in reverse I always get the same sound. It started yesterday, during the blizzard I couldn't get my car to move, thought it must have been frozen because of the weather (I'm in Calgary right now), kept making that sound and then started to move finally. Its a really odd one, no engine lights, no clunking or issues shifting into gears. I'm really unsure what the issue is. Here is a clip of the sound.

Nbp_q15FFkg

Second, how do I properly deal with a warranty claim? It is on a 2011 Kia Rio5 with 70'000km on a 100'000 bumper to bumper warranty. I fail to see how this issue isn't going to be covered by KIA, but I want to handle the situation properly to avoid getting screwed around and run for money. Am I going to have to pay for anything still? Will they try and charge me for labour? Or should I just tell them to fix it and not let them demand a cent from me? I'll be taking it to Northland KIA where it was bought and maintained up until my recent scheduled maintenance that was done at Richmond KIA.

Thanks for the help!

RickDaTuner
12-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Sounds like you broke an exhaust stud, or bent a exhaust pipe. The engine typically shifts forward in reverse and aggravates the noise, the opposite takes place when accelerating.

I dont see why this wouldn't be covered under warranty.