PDA

View Full Version : Problems viewing mpegs, is this a router problem

zalewski55
02-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B Cable&DSL Router

Hi, I have the above router. I have an XP Pro with all the updates from microsoft. I also have a cable modem. The problem I am having is that sometimes I cannot view certain clips (mpgs) with microsoft media, or player one. For example the www.terrytate.com site has some of these clips. I can view them at work, but not at home.

Also, sometimes there are forms I cannot edit on-line or even view when I click on the icon to open the form. but I can do it other places.

Is this a router issue. I tried this on IE 6.02 and netscape 4.7, same problem. That is why I think it might be the settings or something with the router. Oh, on IE, when I click on a terrytate cilp, I get the message "Error on Page" at the low left side of the browser.

Any ideas?

thanks

t3rry
02-26-2004, 01:02 PM
try right click, save as, and see if it'll play right off your computer, if not it could be the codecs used in the video

rage2
02-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Go to windows media player, go to tools, options. Go to File Types, and select the mpeg extension, or select all. This will make Windows Media Player be the default for all the extension, which is required for IE to play the clips inside the window.

zalewski55
02-26-2004, 07:19 PM
I'll try that. I also get this from the error.

Object doesn't support this property or method
code:0
URL: http://terrytate.reebok.com/watch.asp

I'm thinking it might be my cable modem. Sounds weird but I plugged my XP straight into the modem and it didn't work, then I tried my W2K PC and that didn't work. It would be odd if both PC's didn't have mpeg extensions.

But I'll try your suggestion. thanks

zalewski55
02-26-2004, 08:57 PM
:clap:
Hooray! I figured it out. The problem was that I have an anti-ad pop up software named Ad-Subtract. When I exited from it, I was able to get to videos I wasn't able to before.