PDA

View Full Version : Mods that make you happy

Phihalo
12-05-2013, 10:57 AM
What are some of the mods that make you happy everytime you hop into your car?

Maybe I'm easy to please, but everytime I look at my clazzio seat covers, my dipped rims or the HIDs makes me happy :rofl: . I'm sure the beyond ballers will have a much bigger list to contribute!

Mibz
12-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Every mod makes me happy for a few weeks. Makes it feel like a brand new vehicle, even if it's something minor.

The only ones that seriously put a smile on my face every time I drove were the SRI + BOV combo I had on the Neon. I miss those noises more than anything.

diamondedge
12-05-2013, 10:59 AM
On my first car I added a higher armrest to the center console. That made me so happy to just lean back, rest the elbow and cruise.

shadowz
12-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Suspension, each time you hit a corner or bend, wheels because it makes or breaks the car

A790
12-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Lowering. It can change the look of a car dramatically. It made my Optima look awesome, and when I tinted it out it just completed the look. I don't feel the need to add rims or anything else to the mix.

mr2mike
12-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Mods that have made me the most happy are:

Larger swaybars with poly bushings. So cheap for all the thrills.

New massive turbo kit. Loved the excess power.

Then stuff as simple as a set of Pirelli's on a daily driver. Car handled so much better.

desto2para
12-05-2013, 11:33 AM
I dont know why but changing my interior lights to LED's, especially when you install them in your trunk and you open it at night :thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
12-05-2013, 11:35 AM
BerserkerCatSplat

edit: Shit... didn't read the post.

On my current car, just my summer rims make me the most happy. I hate looking into the work parking lot, and seeing the OEM ones (with my winters on them).

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Tires and 41 additional cubic inches.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
BerserkerCatSplat

edit: Shit... didn't read the post.

:rofl: Flattered!

Sentry
12-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Wheels definitely. When you get the choice and fitment spot on for the car, it feels great.

Also, you know, big ass turbos.

I have a feeling the stall converter for my Aristo will be a new favourite mod when I install it this winter.

Phihalo
12-05-2013, 11:37 AM
BerserkerCatSplat

I knew someone will pick on that title :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

slinkie
12-05-2013, 12:47 PM
itb's

recaros

coilovers

ercchry
12-05-2013, 12:48 PM
the ones i dont have, the excitement doesnt last long once i get them

guessboi
12-05-2013, 01:04 PM
my wheels and removable hardtop on my NC. :bigpimp:

max_boost
12-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Winter tires in winter. :burnout:

brandon
12-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Winter tires in winter. :burnout:
:werd:

JRSC00LUDE
12-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Mibz. :love:

EDIT - shit, you meant CAR Mods......ahhh fuck it, I stand by my decision!

95EG6P
12-05-2013, 01:19 PM
rims and exhaust was what made me smile

Hallowed_point
12-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Long tube headers especially north of 5 K rpm..performance summer tires around the corner's :)

beyond_ban
12-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Chipping my 335i momentarily made the car feel brand new again. Waiting to get the right set of rims now... But like mentioned above, once the mods are on they are get forgotten fairly quickly while the hunt for new ones continues.

ExtraSlow
12-05-2013, 01:44 PM
I like a pretty stock looking ride. The tint on my van is good though, got the front doors done in a very light tint, and it looks great, I totally am happy with that.

The starter I had on my last car was my favourite. 2-way and I got a real thrill out of being able to ping the car to find out the interior temp. No idea why that fascinated me so much, but it totally did.

maybe the [b] stickers on all three of my rides. They still make me smile.

austic
12-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Chip and exhaust make me love my car while I am driving it.
Rims and Body Kit make me love looking at it in the garage.

JustinL
12-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Euro Headers and rasp eliminator pipe for the M3. I didn't really like the sound of the stock exhaust, now it sounds like it should without being obnoxious.

3drian
12-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Adding the carbon fiber hood to my lancer a few years ago, I still love the look...

flipstah
12-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Dislike.

btimbit
12-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Sticking with relatively cheaper ones, I'll say Exhaust (depending on the car and engine) and coilovers usually.

But my favourite mods are the subtle ones. Stubby antenna, interior LEDs, replacing a interior grab handle with a sunglasses storage thingy, stuff like that.

Blue
12-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Exhaust

DeleriousZ
12-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Exhaust, or wheels. Exhaust for sound and wheels because a nice set of wheels can change the look of a car completely.

Disoblige
12-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Exhaust & wheels in general to dramatically change how you feel about your car.

HID retrofit for cars with no projectors :D
Night and day difference in terms of functionality and looks.

Tik-Tok
12-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/47200111/Carlos+Mencia+CarlosMencia82398608.jpg

Ekliptix
12-05-2013, 06:39 PM
02 Z06, catback exhaust because it was so freaking loud and nasty. Already had headers. Also the cam. It's still the only car I had with a lope, and in addition to making 35whp more, the sound and movement of the car idling made me feel like the car was alive and just waiting to explode off the line.

08 Z06. 345 Nitto Invo tires because the stock goodyear runflats were so harsh, noisy and had terrible grip. Great upgrade. But the catback exhaust (B&B PRT, $1400 fawk) made what was a fast car actually sound like a fast car. Still love starting it up, driving with the windows down, decelerating/engine braking, and screaming it up to 7,000rpm. Way too tame with the stock system. Oh, and drag radials for the track. Nice having grip in 1st gear.

Cos
12-05-2013, 06:43 PM

jwslam
12-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by desto2para
I dont know why but changing my interior lights to LED's, especially when you install them in your trunk and you open it at night :thumbsup:
My center dome is 1000 lumens.
But my limo tint makes it look like nothing until you open the door: then it's daylight.

My trunk also lights up my whole garage

sr20s14zenki
12-05-2013, 07:18 PM
MOAR BOOST!!!!!!!!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpox5qHMDM1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

Cody D
12-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Like Ekliptix said, making a fast car sound fast and angry is one of my favourites, the stock 996 turbo is very quiet but with a super light exhaust with no cats it sounds ready to kill.

khanan
12-05-2013, 08:46 PM
The sound of a shorty exhaust on my bike, god damn it sounds amazing.

tehwegz
12-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Intake/Exhaust noise, at first.

A comfortable ride, not stiff to the point it's stupid, but certainly not soft. So coil overs, or a good combination of spring/strut.

Rims that grow on me...not flashy right off the bat.

Painted brake calipers. No not flashy colors, but a subtle color just to refresh it, shine and stand out like-new. (e.g. dark gray/silver)

JDM options...seriously...none of that "making a stock car look like a stock car" I actually like when I find out there's an option I can make use of that only came on cars in Japan/Europe. They usually get all the good stuff anyways.

But meh, there's really no one mod that can make me happy...I feel it has to be the coming together of a whole bunch of well thought out parts and perfecting the tiniest of details.

never
12-07-2013, 11:32 PM
NAWS.

Graham_A_M
12-07-2013, 11:38 PM
S10 Frame with the ZQ8 Sport handling package. On my '38 Chevy half ton, replacing the frame was honestly amazing, same with the 460hp SBC that now resides under the hood.

StreetRacerX
12-08-2013, 01:59 AM
Coilovers for sure, factory ride height on my car just about allowed you to stick your head in between the tire and fender, and although the factory ECS is cool, mine never worked and my struts were shot.

Boost controller, easy power if you understand your car and its limits(before having to dump more money into things like cooling and fuel delivery systems/controllers)

Wheel/Tires(self explanatory, although one of the biggest reasons I dumped the chrome Enkei's the car came with was because I found an excuse to stick wider tires on the front and back without damaging the VCU, I foresee the same tire sizes being put on the Jeep in the summer)

Exhaust varies from vehicle to vehicle in my opinion, and although I could have picked up a decent set of used snails for the price, I'm quite happy with the custom one I had built. Big thanks to Chris at Unobtainium Welding!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6VJuok3-c

Otherwise, mods that make me happy are replacing old, worn out stuff with shiny new and a seemingly great deal of the time "improved" stuff.

heavyfuel
12-09-2013, 10:24 AM
My Smarty set on 5 or higher when the pavement's dry, makes it a coal roller for tailgaters and "Lane Narrows 500" champs lol

My 4 new KC's that blind fucktards that have to make it a point to get ahead of trucks by all means necessary.

Those make me happy.

tehwegz
12-09-2013, 12:46 PM
So I take it blinding everyone around you, makes you happy?

beyond_ban
12-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Douches will douche. I'd be surprised if he uses mud flaps.

ercchry
12-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

if he does, they are probably chrome :rofl:

Tik-Tok
12-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

Nah, they'd be black, with chrome trucker girl :D

HiSpec
12-09-2013, 01:56 PM
In my previous car, my HID retrofit. Lexus RX projectors with TSX clear lens and washer mod. Osram CBI D2S bulbs.

civic_stylez
12-09-2013, 02:27 PM
I love lighting. Especially on my offroad vehicles. Nothing like being way out in the boonies and flipping on the light bar to make night look like day. And I keepz it real with LED fog lights and interior bulbs as well.

Hallowed_point
12-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
My 4 new KC's that blind fucktards that have to make it a point to get ahead of trucks by all means necessary.

Those make me happy.

It's nothing malicious for me getting in front of trucks. It's more just me not liking getting pelted with rocks and listening to shitty straight piped exhaust at ear level :dunno: If that makes me a fucktard that's the price I'll pay!

What kind of a moron would tail gait a rig rocket?! People who like rock chips?! I find that trucks tend to stop an inch behind my bumper more often then not in stop and go traffic. That's why I like power windows, so if they do that they can stare at a 10000 k hid kit through their oakley sunglasses ;)

05*CivicRS
12-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Coilovers, and a nice set of tires just make my day ;)

heavyfuel
12-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Sorry to disappoint, but I got em. Nice 12" wide stepbacks, specifically for lifted trucks. And fender flares too since my tires stick out a bit.

Originally posted by ercchry

Nope. Chrome is for Harleys and homos lol

Nah, they'd be black, with chrome trucker girl :D

No trucker girl

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

It's nothing malicious for me getting in front of trucks. It's more just me not liking getting pelted with rocks and listening to shitty straight piped exhaust at ear level :dunno: If that makes me a fucktard that's the price I'll pay!

What kind of a moron would tail gait a rig rocket?! People who like rock chips?! I find that trucks tend to stop an inch behind my bumper more often then not in stop and go traffic. That's why I like power windows, so if they do that they can stare at a 10000 k hid kit through their oakley sunglasses ;)

There's getting in front of a vehicle, then they'res making a point of getting in front of a vehicle. Douchebaggery works both ways, difference is I know my behavior is fucked up and unacceptable, now let's see Mr. BMW fuck admit he could actually do anything wrong on the road.

ddduke
12-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Tint, I can't drive a car without it. I've gotten so used to having it that now I can't even drive at night without it, feels like I'm being blinded. I also hate sitting in traffic getting cooked by the sun.

Graham_A_M
12-09-2013, 10:43 PM
^ Really? I refuse to drive anything with excessive tint. I hate having to roll down my windows in the dead of winter just to see, when Im trying to back up. :nut: I used to love tint until I've driven cars/trucks with it, now I refuse to ever put any on anything I own. For being blinded? Auto dimming Oil filled mirrors FTW.
:thumbsup:

sillysod
12-09-2013, 10:57 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdnjq7acNh1qfm6ago1_500.jpg

sillysod
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel

There's getting in front of a vehicle, then they'res making a point of getting in front of a vehicle. Douchebaggery works both ways, difference is I know my behavior is fucked up and unacceptable, now let's see Mr. BMW fuck admit he could actually do anything wrong on the road.

why are you such a dick?

heavyfuel
12-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by sillysod

why are you such a dick?

Case in point? Why do you care? It's the internet

carson blocks
12-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
S10 Frame with the ZQ8 Sport handling package. On my '38 Chevy half ton, replacing the frame was honestly amazing, same with the 460hp SBC that now resides under the hood.

Do you have a build thread anywhere on this truck?

962 kid
12-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Anything that I built, makes my idle lumpier, or my car lighter makes me a happy man.

Chantastic
12-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Miss this so much. Nothing like an SSQV to break the sound of silence.

edit: I remember one my friends was convinced that I had NOS in my 240, every time he heard this. He Also said he felt like he was in a Need for Speed game.

http://www.todoautos.com.pe/attachments/f17/179009d1238032831-blow-off-hks-ssqv-subaru-wrx-blowoff-hks.jpg