PDA

View Full Version : Your f&f memories

finboy
12-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Based on the recent news, and the fact that it is showing up everywhere, I thought I would post a bit more positive thread about fast and the furious. I rewatched a couple of the movies recently, and remembered some great times catching them in theatres.

The first movie came out just after I left high school, I caught it opening night at sunridge and remember the biggest collection of poorly modified cars I had seen in my life (my car included). As expected there were LOADS of cops lined up after waiting to snag people as they left the theatre. I remember laughing throughout the movie at some of the lines which became very quotable at beyond meets for years to follow.

The other that really stands out was going to Tokyo drift in shawnessey with caker, and alpha. Expectations were obviously quite low going in but I was surprised at how far it had come as a franchise compared with the other two, despite not having the "normal" main characters for a majority of the movie. As expected there were all kinds of terrible lines to be quoted for years to come...
This beast's got 500-horsepower and a Borla exhaust system. It does 0-60 in what, 4.3 seconds?
Wow. You can read the brochure.

Anyways, it seems like a lot of people were really connected with the franchise, it was a series with many faults, but it really did help build car communities. I'm interested to hear how everyone else experienced the movies.

88CRX
12-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Had a friend drag me to see the first one after he had already seen it multiple times in the theatre and I was hooked immediately. Started researching what my first car purchase would be right after and during that search I stumbled on beyond and the rest is history hah. Without the movie franchise I would have never gotten involved in this scene and wouldn’t have never met so many awesome people along the way.

To this day there isn’t a movie I’ve seen more times than the original F&F.

“No one likes the tuna asshole”
“Too soon junior”
“You owe me a 10 second car”
“You can have any beer as long as it’s a corona”
“I live my life a quarter mile at a time”

Fucking golden…. Might have to pop in the DVD tonight.

bjstare
12-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Watched all six movies with my gf over the course of Oct/Nov actually. Love them all, in their own ways. I actually really liked Tokyo Drift; maybe cause I can relate to the redneck main character a bit :poosie:

Couple memories are watching 2F2F when I was in high school. Being so pumped during the opening credits when the UNIVERSAL globe logo starts hoppin' around like its on hydros, and the bass drops in the opening song..
Then I remember driving like an absolute retard leaving the theatre in my '91 accord with a potato chucker exhaust and 2-12"s in the trunk :rofl:

My love of cars started way before this movie franchise, but it's undoubtedly been incredibly influential in helping the tuning scene blow up.

sabad66
12-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

:thumbsup:

bourge73
12-05-2013, 05:32 PM
I'd just love how the whole theatre was a full out sausage
Party mixed in with the gf's that didn't want to be there and
Then the post movie racing that every car there did out of the
Parking lot and down the street.

Deetz
12-05-2013, 06:13 PM
My first memory was the release of the first movie. I was younger then, and had more hair, lol I had a good relationship with Universal studio's at that time, and got to see the movie 3 month's early, before most others.

For opening night (in Edmonton, South Common), we had a large car show there and models, giving away all kinds of goodies Universal had sent me for promotions......posters, t shirts, air freasheners, pen, bandana's, girl's tee tops and so on, LoL

It was a big night!!! I still think i have some of those original posters around :burnout:

Ekliptix
12-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I was blown away with the first one, just because I'd never seen a movie like it.
"DANGER TO MANIFOLD" is my favorite, then the floor pan falls out. haha.

I got into domestic muscle after. When they had a Buick GN in one, I was pumped to go see it again.

max_boost
12-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Had a friend drag me to see the first one after he had already seen it multiple times in the theatre and I was hooked immediately. Started researching what my first car purchase would be right after and during that search I stumbled on beyond and the rest is history hah. Without the movie franchise I would have never gotten involved in this scene and wouldn’t have never met so many awesome people along the way.

To this day there isn’t a movie I’ve seen more times than the original F&F.

“No one likes the tuna asshole”
“Too soon junior”
“You owe me a 10 second car”
“I live my life a quarter mile at a time”

Fucking golden…. Might have to pop in the DVD tonight.

Yep. Absolutely.

Love that movie. Insta-classic for me!

2000impreza
12-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Deetz
My first memory was the release of the first movie. I was younger then, and had more hair, lol I had a good relationship with Universal studio's at that time, and got to see the movie 3 month's early, before most others.

For opening night (in Edmonton, South Common), we had a large car show there and models, giving away all kinds of goodies Universal had sent me for promotions......posters, t shirts, air freasheners, pen, bandana's, girl's tee tops and so on, LoL

It was a big night!!! I still think i have some of those original posters around :burnout:

Too funny. I vaguely remember I was at South Common opening night with a bunch of buddies.

IIRC the original F&F was before the inception of beyond.ca. Most of us were members on albertacars.net at the time.

finboy
12-05-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/fast-and-the-furious-in-your-face-367x500.jpg

Graham_A_M
12-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Just the black '69 Charger...

:drool: :drool:

95EG6P
12-05-2013, 08:38 PM
My favourite part is Paul walker in 2 fast 2 furious entering in with the nitourous purge I didn't know what that was first until further research and jordanna Brewster is sexy as hell makes f and f even better

khanan
12-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Everything until fast and furious (2009).

I kinda felt like the new movies didn't focus a lot on tuning and making cars and such, like the old ones. They focused on other areas a lot :dunno:

Ekliptix
12-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

Too funny. I vaguely remember I was at South Common opening night with a bunch of buddies.

IIRC the original F&F was before the inception of beyond.ca. Most of us were members on albertacars.net at the time.
I was on 403honda but I can't remember if beyond was running or not at the time of F&F1.

rage2
12-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Beyond was a year after the first F&F hit theaters. We were all on abcars at that time.

know1edge
12-05-2013, 10:55 PM
WABAKI

btimbit
12-05-2013, 10:59 PM
My favourite lines that haven't been mentioned yet

It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car.
Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
If you want time, buy the magazine!
Why don't you try Fat Burger from now on? You can get yourself a cheese and fries for 2.95, faggot!

And my favvy

Spirit. Thank you. Thank you for providing us with the direct-port nitrous... uh... injection, four-core intercoolers, an' ball-bearing turbos, and... um... titanium valve springs. Thank you.

AMEN!

Favourite f&f related moment, going to universal studies a few months after the movie came out and seeing all the cars from the movie. They had this area with the Supra, Jetta, RX-7, Charger and the M-class Mercedes from Jurassic Park 2 for some reason. My brother and I spent hours looking at them

Chantastic
12-05-2013, 11:37 PM
I remember mildly enjoying the first few (eventually I grew to love them) and when the next movie came out, I said to my brother 'I don't know if I am gonna see it', to which my brother replied, 'are you kidding me!? Look at the size of your exhaust, THEN tell me you won't be watching it'! He won me over.

My exhaust at the time (Apex N1 3'' on my SR20 240)

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k437/b000stin/3354461d_zps63b240a5.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/b000stin/media/3354461d_zps63b240a5.jpg.html)

Errol.
12-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Gave me my avatar. I do find myself using f&f quotes multiple times a week.

Team_Mclaren
12-06-2013, 12:14 AM
The first FnF was such a huge part of my (our) childhood. Without it, I'd never be so hooked on cars and meet so many friends along the way.

We thought about naming our hockey team Fast and Furious when we first started about 2 years ago. Using quotes from the movie as our name plate.

TomcoPDR
12-06-2013, 12:15 AM
- roads close pizza boy
- (the whole how much does that Ferrari cost, Dom telling O'brien smoke 'em/take 'em)
- NOSSSSSSSSSSS

heavyfuel
12-06-2013, 12:28 AM
It's a long story....
Well we got a 20 mile hike, humor me

Whaddya feeling Lance, 40 weight? 50 weight? 40 sounds nice...

hamkered
12-06-2013, 02:27 AM
Used to be really into cars as a kid but the interest died down as I started getting into sports, video games, etc.

I remember watching the first one in 2004... I was hooked and bought NFSU and NFSU2. Became obsessed with the 2nd gen Eclipse, thinking it was the coolest car I'd ever seen and being upset that it got replaced by some shitty orange heap :rofl:

Watched Tokyo Drift at Chinook and played on the Initial D machines for hours on end after it was done, watched nothing but drifting videos and began to appreciate muscle cars a lot more.

Went with a 2jz-powered car when I decided to buy my own. The dream never dies... one day it'll smoke Ferraris :burnout:

amear
12-06-2013, 05:00 AM
"I almost had you"
"You never had me, you never had your car!"

It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car.

Brian: So what's your best time?
Dom: I've never driven her...
Brian: Why not?
Dom: She scares the shit out of me.

Mibz
12-06-2013, 08:32 AM
One of my favourite bits (that hasn't been mentioned) is something I didn't notice until like the 5th time I watched it.

Near the beginning of Tokyo Drift when Sean is like "She was just admiring my ride", you can hear one of the idiot friends in the background mock him with a blatant "MAH RAHDE". I laugh every time.

D'z Nutz
12-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
One of my favourite bits (that hasn't been mentioned) is something I didn't notice until like the 5th time I watched it.

Near the beginning of Tokyo Drift when Sean is like "She was just admiring my ride", you can hear one of the idiot friends in the background mock him with a blatant "MAH RAHDE". I laugh every time.

Haha I never noticed that!

s-EheX9m-dE

civic_si_angel
12-06-2013, 08:54 AM
I saw F&F numero uno in junior high. I was obsessed after, I covered my agenda with Paul & Vin pics and F&F pictures.

My first boyfriend and I hung out and watched the first one, I remember he quoted pretty much the whole movie.

Smh.

Still my favorite movies, as they got me into the car scene. :thumbsup:

Dave P
12-06-2013, 09:04 AM
I remeber when the first one came out, I was working at the Barley Mill (or maybe it was the Bull And Finch) by Canyon Meadows theater. Was closing up, and all the bosses were gone. We traded the movie theater staff like 500 chicken wings to let us watch the movie with the them the night before it came out.

As soon as the movie was done, some guy took his newish Jetta into a light pole in the parking lot, and everyone was quoting the movie laughing at him.

By far my fav movie series ever made.

3drian
12-06-2013, 09:34 AM
One of the many quotes I love about these movies, makes me laugh every time

Ipb3VBpDvis

EDIT: apparently I dont know how to embed a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipb3VBpDvis

jonnycat
12-06-2013, 10:11 AM
My buddy thought it was funny that I was so into cars, that he made up some "2 Gay 2 Curious stickers and put them on my back window

Paul
12-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Love the earlier films in the franchise more than the recent ones. Me and a couple buddies into imports started a car club called "Bling Bling Moto" after we saw a butt ugly set of wheels in a mini truck mag one day called Bling-Blings.

As more and more people wanted these BBM stickers we bought a vinyl cutter an started up Silent Rage. Had a lot of fun, met a shit ton of cool people and exited the scene before all the drama started happening.

JZS_147
12-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I think I was 14 or 15 when 2 Fast 2 Furious came out. At the beginning when he jumps in he R34 and starts ripping to the first race, hearing that car gave me goosebumps.

jonnycat
12-06-2013, 11:19 AM
This will nail a lot of the memories as well

/o8UCI7r1Aqw

BigMass
12-06-2013, 02:22 PM
vin diesel's rx7
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/650/weirdestboner.jpg

taemo
12-06-2013, 02:30 PM
damn i think i need to do a F&F marathon this weekend.

from me
pqFaCwvE0eU
every time I see 2 guys fighting, this song always comes to mind

Mibz
12-06-2013, 04:05 PM
You just reminded me that my ringtone was this for the longest time:
t-yCg-0-baE

As well as this for a very short stint, got super annoying, haha:
6mjugSoGFuw

heavyfuel
12-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Always liked this song, not on the soundtrack. It's the scene when Dom and Brian are working on the Supra, and Brian tells Dom he's taking his sister out.

"You break her heart I'll break your neck"

AEvhFiKDwgo

roll_over
12-06-2013, 04:22 PM
This song
7zp1TbLFPp8

heavyfuel
12-06-2013, 04:28 PM
^^ Hell yeah LOL rough life they got there haha great song tho, can't not be happy when you hear it! First time I heard it not at the end of Fast Five was at Mucho Burrito in Crowfoot, Corona, burrito, and that song. And I still had/was driving my Subie that day. Fuck.

Forsale
12-06-2013, 04:49 PM
hPpraAG2tA8

danno
12-06-2013, 05:41 PM
There's a 30 min show on Paul walker on cnn tonight.

I know this is a fnf thread but my favorite memory is from varsity blues when he gets on stage during the prep rally.

I've been lucky and have not lost a family member or friend yet. 14 years he's been entertaining me. RIP

finboy
12-06-2013, 07:28 PM
"They call me Hector. Gotta last name too, but I can't pronounce it "

Chantastic
12-06-2013, 10:38 PM
'I thought you snowmen worked fast'

civic_stylez
12-07-2013, 12:29 AM
I remember having my car featured in the Heard under the auto section for the FNF1 release. Out little car crew (before it became "Silent Rage" lol) were asked by the theaters to come and park our cars out front to promote the movie. We got VIP reserved seats and i still remember the start of that movie when the green eclipse pulled up and EVERYONE in the theater went apeshit. Once that movie was over we all rolled out our underglow on and people were taking pictures.. felt like a celebrity :rofl: keep in mind this was 2000/2001 when that shit was cool!!! Looking back, those were the good times. Everyone drove a modded import and car crews with the thing to be apart of. The RPM guys, Impressions... I was a Contemporary motorsports guy myself. So fun.

InLoveWitRSX
12-08-2013, 03:31 PM
"you're a millionaire, why do you keep asking for money?"
Tyrese: "thats how you stay a millionaire"

zipdoa
12-10-2013, 09:44 AM
t5kTg-lrs6o&sns=em

lilmira
12-10-2013, 09:52 AM
I never like his acting too much but that's gold Jerry, gold!