PDA

View Full Version : The Japanese oranges at Costco are fricking delicious.

Ven
12-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Do buy. That is all.

Ambiance 5/5
Service 5/5
Portions 5/5
Price 5/5
Menu Selection 5/5
Blahblahbah 5/5
Buy Oranges 5/5
Mandatory Winter Tires 5/5
Sean Banerjee 5/5

Overall 5/5. I'll try to put together a Beyond group buy, or get a Groupon set up*

* Of course I fucking won't! Now go buy the oranges! Mmmmm oranges :drool:

CivicTunr
12-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm radiation

CanmoreOrLess
12-07-2013, 02:03 PM
The wife went with Chinese "Japanese" oranges ("they were cheaper"), much against my wishes. I'm finding the lead content and migrant child labour to add very little to the taste. Off to get MY orange wishes taken care of this afternoon. Might have to keep a private stash in my closet just like my father, I now know why... for they were the Japanese oranges!

Amysicle
12-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Safeway had them for a bit too. Same brand but it was $10 for 5 lbs instead of $10 for 7 lbs at Costco.

However, the Safeway box had only one moldy orange and the Costco box had 7 oranges that were too badly damaged to eat. So it didn't seem as great of a deal.

The containers both times looked perfectly fine at purchase and showed no damage. :dunno:

Japanese mandarin oranges > Chinese mandarin oranges
mmmm radiation.

R-Audi
12-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Funny story..
My Wife was at Superstore returning a coffee maker, and ahead of her in line is some guy trying to return 4 mandarin oranges out of his box that were rotten. Pulled out the four oranges out of a bag and went and grabbed four more from another box to exchange.

Worth adding to the story, this happened this week when it was -30.. and the guy biked to Superstore. He was still wearing his bike helmet and gear!
Must really like those oranges!

lilmira
12-07-2013, 04:12 PM
4diUdRy2YL4

bleu
12-07-2013, 08:14 PM
I love Japanese oranges. I eat about four/day.

Love mini orange season! :drool: