PDA

View Full Version : WTB: big innertube or inflatable pull behind.

spikerS
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Hey guys!

Looking for an inner tube or similar to have my girls ride on in the snow. Even one of those tube things that boats pull behind them.

The idea is I can take it out to a field or ghost lake on the ice and pull it behind a quad or truck, so it needs to be pretty rugged. those little PVC things just won't stand up to what I am thinking of.

speedog
12-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Man, I am just picturing all kinds of hurt.

ExtraSlow
12-08-2013, 05:06 PM
This used to be pretty common. Not a lot of folks do this anymore due to the high(ish) chance of injury. I agree that you want one of the rugged ones, or a real tractor inner-tube to stand up to the abuse.

Have the kiddies wear a helmet lat least. Bones heal, brains do not.

spikerS
12-08-2013, 05:12 PM
of course they will be wearing appropriate gear, and it will not be fast at all, not at their ages.

Would not be much more than running speed, and in lots of snow, so it's not an issue. I am just not able to run for KMs at a time at a speed where I will hear them giggle in elation.

baygirl
12-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Man, I am just picturing all kinds of hurt.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This used to be pretty common. Not a lot of folks do this anymore due to the high(ish) chance of injury. I agree that you want one of the rugged ones, or a real tractor inner-tube to stand up to the abuse.

Have the kiddies wear a helmet lat least. Bones heal, brains do not.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of this idea either. But I also know he wouldn't do anything stupid.

Unknown303
12-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Are you sure? Of course he's no boosted131...

bourge73
12-08-2013, 06:13 PM
This is what us rednecks do for fun in the winter