PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried McDicks poutine?

cancer man
12-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Looks good on the commercial.

TYMSMNY
12-10-2013, 12:11 AM
McDicks?

Seen people add Chicken McNuggets to it. Looks decent...

cancer man
12-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY
McDicks?

Seen people add Chicken McNuggets to it. Looks decent...

But has anybody tried it?
I'am going to take the dive and see.

Blue
12-10-2013, 12:50 AM
BEST POUTINE WHEN ITS FRESH.

cancer man
12-10-2013, 12:52 AM
I'am leaving now for my midnight snack and i'll see how it goes.

sneek
12-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Just had it...I wasn't impressed at all.

dj_rice
12-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Their fries aren't cut out for poutine. They get all dry and nasty in a few minutes.

Amysicle
12-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Curds and gravy portions were generous, so the fries/curd/gravy ratio wasn't bad but it could have used more fries. The gravy didn't taste as fake-beefy as Wendy's or have the spice range of A&W. it was overall inoffensive to me.

I do like my poutine with thicker cut fries but I hate the new A&W and Wendy's fries so McD's currently wins out of the major fast food chains.

cancer man
12-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Actually for a fast food place i think they got a decent poutine.I think this would
great for hangovers.

sabad66
12-10-2013, 07:49 AM
It's alright but I still prefer a&w poutine

Tik-Tok
12-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by sabad66
It's alright but I still prefer a&w poutine

No way, there's barely any gravy/curds in that shit. Never fails that by the time I'm half way down, I'm just eating dry fries.

I prefer Wendy's. It's just as tasty as the top 50% of A&W, but because they serve it in a proper container, all the fries get covered.

theken
12-10-2013, 11:36 PM
you can ask A&W to layer, I worked there when I was young and used to do this for everybody anyways cause thats how I enjoyed it.

amear
12-11-2013, 12:25 AM
While were on this topic, who has the best poutine?

Blue
12-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by amear

KFC -> A&W -> NYF -> mcdicks -> wendy for me

bourge73
12-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Do yourself a favour and go to La Belle Petate in Canmore. Awesome Poutine.

Tomaz
12-11-2013, 08:59 AM
I had McDicks poutine about 7 years ago in Quebec City. Didn't like it at all. Wrong gravy, wrong fries, and the curds were mushy. It also was spicy... somehow...

So unless they have changed it, I think it is horrible. Harvey's poutine FTW!!!

n1zm0
12-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Harvey's poutine FTW!!!

Yeah no one mentioned that one, I've always liked their poutine the best.

JordanEG6
12-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Tried it the other day. It's gross. Like said already in the thread, McDonald's fries are only good for the first 10 or so minutes then it gets soggy and chewy, the curds and gravy only speed up this process. The curds were okay, the chunks were a little too big and the gravy tasted like those powder based store-bought ones you make at home.

Not a fan of fast food poutines, but I do however, enjoy NY Fries poutine if I feel like having fast food, but that's pretty much it. For GOOD poutine, I go for AB King of Subs and Brava Bistro. :drool:

Euro838
12-11-2013, 11:41 AM
What about Costco Poutine? As usual, best value in size/price. Thick fries, only complaint is sometimes they don't cover the cheese curds with gravy to melt/soften them since they keep the cheese curds in a cooler.

Teknix
12-15-2013, 10:27 AM
I didn't like the Mcdicks poutine. I dont think their fries are suited for it. They're to thin and squishy.

A&W poutine hands down for me.

DeleriousZ
12-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Had it last night, pretty on-par with the other fast food poutines. I oddly liked their fries in there for some reason. Maybe that's just the traces of cocaine they put in there for addictiveness lol.

Squishy
12-15-2013, 12:34 PM
I love poutine and don't mind it that much, but it's really not filling at all. I use to get these when I'd go to Montreal and was excited to hear they're here now. :)

firebane
12-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Tried it the other day. It's gross. Like said already in the thread, McDonald's fries are only good for the first 10 or so minutes then it gets soggy and chewy, the curds and gravy only speed up this process. The curds were okay, the chunks were a little too big and the gravy tasted like those powder based store-bought ones you make at home.

Not a fan of fast food poutines, but I do however, enjoy NY Fries poutine if I feel like having fast food, but that's pretty much it. For GOOD poutine, I go for AB King of Subs and Brava Bistro. :drool:

Surprised nobody else has mentioned AB King of Subs. Their poutine is good and the mixes you can do to it makes it even better.

jdmakkord
12-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by firebane

Surprised nobody else has mentioned AB King of Subs. Their poutine is good and the mixes you can do to it makes it even better.

I agree on Ab King of subs. Save the drive to Canmore, the smoked meat poutine here was better than la belle patate.

danno
12-15-2013, 04:13 PM
I havnt tried it but I've been craving mcdonalds pizza for weeks now. Not sure how long it's been gone maybe 10 years.

Rat Fink
12-15-2013, 04:59 PM

Redwagon
12-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Burger King poutine is the best out of the fast food chains.

Supa Dexta
12-17-2013, 06:18 AM
If a burger joint reads this, lets get a hashbrown in a burger. They've already caught onto people jamming fries into a burger and copied.. So lets make it a fry patty of sorts.

- You heard it here first

R!zz0
12-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Redwagon
Burger King poutine is the best out of the fast food chains.

:thumbsup:

Benny
12-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
If a burger joint reads this, lets get a hashbrown in a burger. They've already caught onto people jamming fries into a burger and copied.. So lets make it a fry patty of sorts.

I put the hashbrown in the breakfast sandwiches, and squeeze a packet of that McDicks salsa on there too. That's a decent breakfast sandwich!

I tried the poutine yesterday. It's... okay :dunno:

ace4life
12-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Its actually not a bad poutine, I recently had A&W poutine and i have to say that A&W was alot saltier!

jus_sum_guy
12-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by amear

Charcut's truffle poutine!

G-ZUS
12-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by ace4life
Its actually not a bad poutine, I recently had A&W poutine and i have to say that A&W was alot saltier!

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Disoblige
12-19-2013, 01:54 PM

Jollibee already has a hashbrown burger, but it uses the hash brown as the bun haha.

Here's a good idea too. How about YAM HASHBROWNS!
A&W already has decent yam fries for a fast food joint, they should do a yam hash brown.

Tik-Tok
12-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by jus_sum_guy

Charcut's truffle poutine!

Hells no. OverEasy's Brome Lake Foie Gras poutine
(though I do concede since it uses hollandaise instead of gravy, most may not consider it genuine poutine)

.:drool: :drool: :drool:

npham
12-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Hells no. OverEasy's Brome Lake Foie Gras poutine
(though I do concede since it uses hollandaise instead of gravy, most may not consider it genuine poutine)

.:drool: :drool: :drool:

Their scallop version is amazing as well.

r3ccOs
12-23-2013, 12:01 PM
tried Mcdick's poutine...

Not bad gravy, not bad amount of curds and good fresh fries

together... its awful

No better than BK's awful poutine, and its all to do with the fact that the fries just aren't mean to be covered in gravy.

For non-traditional poutine, Costco's is pretty awesome and a good value.

Otherwise, I havn't found a place in Calgary that is as good as what I've had in Montreal

cam_wmh
01-01-2014, 10:34 PM
I live way too close to the best poutine in town -- Smokes Poutinierie. I've been 3 times in the last couple weeks. Going to be a fat ass.

dj_rice
01-01-2014, 10:46 PM

Triple O's White Spot in the hospital up here in Edmonton serves a pretty awesome breakfast sandwich.

Thick cut Bacon, fried egg, cheese, Triple O's sauce, topped off with a hashbrown on a bun. Soooo good, it requires a nap after.

https://www.tripleos.com/sites/default/files/styles/menu_item_main_image/public/BrkfstClubshadow1.PNG

DeleriousZ
01-01-2014, 10:58 PM
omg I miss triple o's so much since moving from BC.

dj_rice
01-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
omg I miss triple o's so much since moving from BC.

Yeah, even their Bacon Cheeseburger is killer. Thick bacon, and their Triple O's sauce.

Just don't understand why our only location of Triple O's is inside a Hospital Cafeteria :rofl: :rofl:

bleu
01-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

For non-traditional poutine, Costco's is pretty awesome and a good value.

I really like Costco poutine.

The District had decent poutine as well.