PDA

View Full Version : Any Beyonders with baking skills that wanna troll CPS?

v2kai
12-10-2013, 10:58 AM
original thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/1sjnw6/i_know_what_im_doing_today/

think you'd still get a distracted driving ticket? not sure what the letter of the law is in AB regarding smartphone cookies

http://i.imgur.com/CgfWMA2.jpg

heavyfuel
12-10-2013, 11:02 AM
^^ Looks just like the guy in the Ferd F-Teen Thousand Youtube vid lol

jacky4566
12-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Drivers can still have a snack while driving. However, the general distracted driving provision is discretionary to allow flexibility for law enforcement.

If you pissed off a cop for this he might just give you a ticket anyway.

ercchry
12-10-2013, 11:24 AM
pretty sure eating and any other activity still falls under the distracted driving rules

lilmira
12-10-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm sure iphone5c is edible.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
pretty sure eating and any other activity still falls under the distracted driving rules

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/distracteddriving.htm

What activities are allowed?
- drinking beverages, such as coffee, water or pop
- eating a snack

16hypen3sp
12-10-2013, 01:33 PM
just scratching your ear is enough to get you pulled over apparently.

I understand how a police officer can make the maistake but, I mean..... C'mon.

msommers
12-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/distracteddriving.htm

Honestly didn't know that either. I figured everything including scratching your balls was considered distracted driving. Good to know I can at least drink my coffee without getting grief. Though I have my sweet travel mug from MEC and a flip up straw type of thing for my water bottle, honestly makes life easier than unscrewing anything or risk spilling.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5023-435/thermos-vacuum-insulated-tumbler-470-ml/?f=10+4294964567

A new sweet colour! Nice I'll grab that :rofl:

http://www.mec.ca/product/5027-924/camelbak-eddy-bottle-.75l/?q=camelback

Eating Subway or a burger of any sorts has got to be much more distracting than holding a phone to your head, at least for me it would be.

speedog
12-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Yupp, like trolling a police officer is a good idea?

Trolling in this fashion might warrant you a stunting ticket in place of a distracted driving ticket and that's a little more costly in terms of demerits.

One must ask one's self is it wise to garner more police attention than is normally needed?

gretz
12-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by speedog

Trolling in this fashion might warrant you a stunting ticket in place of a distracted driving ticket and that's a little more costly in terms of demerits.

If holding a cookie is stunting, lord help us all lol

speedog
12-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by gretz

Stunting is a statute that can be used in quite a wide variety of situations and in fact, you can be charged with stunting even if you're no where near your vehicle. Hold up a sign to inform motorists of a speed trap up ahead - that can net you a stunting ticket.

From Alberta's TSA...

(2) A person shall not do any of the following:

(e) perform or engage in any stunt or other activity that is likely to distract, startle or interfere with users of the highway;

So pretending to eat a cookie that looks like a phone - I could certainly see an annoyed police officer give someone a stunting ticket for distracting other drivers. That's if the officer didn't find something else to give you a ticket for already.

btimbit
12-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Anyone that does this deserves a ticket. And needs a better hobby. Just asking for trouble

gretz
12-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Ya, its a dick move / asking for it lol... but still mildly amusing

Tik-Tok
12-11-2013, 09:52 AM
If a cop can't laugh at a prank like that, he needs to take some time to re-evaluate his life, and maybe find a career that doesn't involve being armed.

Mibz
12-11-2013, 09:53 AM
N7TzPEYci_w

speedog
12-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
If a cop can't laugh at a prank like that, he needs to take some time to re-evaluate his life, and maybe find a career that doesn't involve being armed.

I suppose it's not a big deal but taking that police officer out of the system for even 5 or 10 minutes could very well mean someone else will be waiting a bit longer on a 911 request - I guess just hope it's not you that's possibly impacted in a negative fashion on your 911 request/response due to someone else's prank.

Tik-Tok
12-11-2013, 10:12 AM

I suppose it's not a big deal but taking that police officer out of the system for even 5 or 10 minutes could very well mean someone else will be waiting a bit longer on a 911 request - I guess just hope it's not you that's possibly impacted in a negative fashion on your 911 request/response due to someone else's prank.

The officer would have been out of the system for double that time if they were actually writing a ticket though. So what you're saying is $172 is worth taking longer on a 911 request.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-11-2013, 10:14 AM

Are you saying that if an urgent 911 call goes out, traffic cops are obligated to finish issuing traffic tickets before responding?

jwslam
12-11-2013, 10:21 AM
He was only headed to Timmy's anyways :dunno:

speedog
12-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Are you saying that if an urgent 911 call goes out, traffic cops are obligated to finish issuing traffic tickets before responding?

No I am not as I am not aware of how the whole CPS dispatch process works but one can't help but wonder if dealing with BS stuff might have a negative impact. I know I would rather see a CPS officer not having to deal with someone's stunt and be more readily available - hell, people might as well be doing prank 911 calls, doesn't really impact anyone until that temporarily tied up resource can't respond to an actual emergency situation as we expect of it.

DeleriousZ
12-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Holy shit, it looks like everyone remembered to take their serious pill this morning.

BigShow
12-11-2013, 10:48 AM
It's not funny or cute, it's childish if you ask me.

FraserB
12-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Hopefully they would issue a ticket, even if it was jsut to make you show up to court for a few hours to waste your time.

speedog
12-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
Holy shit, it looks like everyone remembered to take their serious pill this morning.
Problem is that some beyond goof would think this is a great idea and do it and then be back in here whining about a police officer over reacting by issuing them a tint ticket or something like that. Play with fire and maybe expect to get burned? :dunno:

Aleks
12-11-2013, 11:45 AM
I don't get why you would mess with cops at all.

What's next making a cookie that looks like a gun and pointing it at them? :rofl:

DeleriousZ
12-11-2013, 12:05 PM
No, the problem is everyone is taking this seriously when it was meant to be a troll/joke post in the first place. :dunno:

speedog
12-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Will await first thread from someone who tried this dumb prank and yeah, there are at least a few beyond members who would stoop to this level.

Modelexis
12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Don't taze me bro.

Boosted131
12-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by gretz

Buddy got a stunting ticket for yelling out his window at a buddy..

Mitsu3000gt
12-11-2013, 12:36 PM
How would you not get a ticket for this? You already get tickets for being on a cell phone even though there isn't even one in the car, shifting a manual transmission, scratching your face, accelerating faster than surrounding traffic, etc.

Regardless of what you're "allowed" to do (which includes smoking, drinking, eating, playing with car features, popping in a CD, talking to multiple passengers, etc.), it clearly only matters what the officer decides he/she wants to give you a ticket for. Whether you're guilty or not is completely irrelevant, because even if you're innocent you still need to waste as much or more money as the ticket cost in your own time. The driver loses every time, either way.

While I think that cookie is pretty hilarious, I think any officer felt made a fool of or anything along those lines would still give you a ticket. "Sorry, I saw you on a cell phone - that'll be $172". Completely irrelevant if there is even a cell phone in the car, you're screwed.

revelations
12-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I would pay to see a Beyond member in court defending themselves from a ticket with a cookie defense. Make sure you have a video camera ready in the car though.

Sugarphreak
12-11-2013, 01:06 PM

revelations
12-11-2013, 01:11 PM
^ that sounds like something a traffic member would do for sure ....

If it was a regular CPS member, they would probably laugh it off - and then take the cookie and show their buddies back at the shop :rofl:

Ca_Silvia13
12-11-2013, 01:28 PM

From Alberta's TSA...

(2) A person shall not do any of the following:

(e) perform or engage in any stunt or other activity that is likely to distract, startle or interfere with users of the highway;

Hold on a second. So why doesn't the police ticket the dead fetus protestors? Pretty hard not to look at that fucking 30' banner they hold over the edge of an over pass?

FraserB
12-11-2013, 01:42 PM

Problem is that some beyond goof would think this is a great idea and do it and then be back in here whining about a police officer over reacting by issuing them a tint ticket or something like that. Play with fire and maybe expect to get burned? :dunno:

This is exactly why I wouldn't be doing it.

Even if you don't get a ticket for the cookie, you can argue the the tint ticket should be tossed or the exhaust or the other tickets they decide to give you for being a retard.

roll_over
12-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Ca_silvia I think you just found our loop hole with an assist from speedog

phil98z24
12-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by roll_over
Ca_silvia I think you just found our loop hole with an assist from speedog

Not so much.

But anyways - I actively encourage this. I will not only stop you because you appear to be on your phone, but in lieu of a ticket I will effect immediate roadside sanctions on you in the form of turning over said cookie to me for my own use.

Nom nom nom. :thumbsup:

roll_over
12-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Phil is it because they are protesting?

phil98z24
12-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by roll_over
Phil is it because they are protesting?

Yurp.

Masked Bandit
12-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24

Not so much.

But anyways - I actively encourage this. I will not only stop you because you appear to be on your phone, but in lieu of a ticket I will effect immediate roadside sanctions on you in the form of turning over said cookie to me for my own use.

/thread

spikerS
12-11-2013, 02:06 PM

Not so much.

And see, this is the response one would hope to elicit.

:thumbsup: as always buddy!

Ca_Silvia13
12-11-2013, 02:06 PM

Yurp.

I can play this game too.

By baking said cookie i am protesting the distracted driving law...

FraserB
12-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13

I can play this game too.

By baking said cookie i am protesting the distracted driving law...

No one is stopping you from baking the cookies.

speedog
12-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
No one is stopping you from baking the cookies.
Hey, if he's willing to move all his cookie making stuff up onto the bridge where the fetus banners are, then I suspect he has some bigger issues to deal with - baking them at home probably wouldn't be much of a noticeable protest.

max_boost
12-11-2013, 07:21 PM
FraserB always so serious lol

Great response Phil haha

FraserB
12-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
FraserB always so serious lol

Great response Phil haha

Crap. Now I need to go bash some cops lol:rofl:

btimbit
12-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Crap. Now I need to go bash some cops lol:rofl:

Come over, we'll make cookies. That'll show 'em

drtoohotty1
12-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Learn from this guy if you get pulled over

AOIXjGpPf-U :rofl:

AndyL
12-11-2013, 09:54 PM

Not so much.

:rofl:

I love phil! I'll buy you a cookie dude!

Perfect Dark
12-12-2013, 05:30 PM
http://www.tuaw.com/2013/12/12/it-turns-out-iphone-cookies-can-get-you-in-trouble-with-the-law/?%3Fncid=tw

Looks like it didn't end well haha.

Sugarphreak
12-12-2013, 09:14 PM