PDA

View Full Version : golf simulator

theken
12-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Anybody play on these? I am kind of bored without a job, and am looking to try out my new irons, I have played on one before and it was kind of shitty (bad distance read, no spin read) is there any really good ones? I live in the south, but can travel.

SOAB
12-11-2013, 12:27 AM
i play at Metro Fairway fairly regularly. the simulators seem to gauge my distances fairly well.

theken
12-12-2013, 02:00 AM
might check em out, how is pricing?

Tarrantula
12-12-2013, 09:31 AM
OPTISHOT is the one my boss made me put on his computer (yes, hes that.. special) and its actually quite great for the price, you can use your own clubs, with or without a foam ball. Lots of courses - and awesome if you have a projector.

SOAB
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM
pricing is not too bad imo, but i've never played on a simulator anywhere else so i have nothing to compare it to. their prices for drinks and food is fairly reasonable though. they won't rape you on beer prices which is a plus for them in my books.

Unknown303
12-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Does the simulator gauge hooks and slices relatively accurately? The one I went to in the north always had me hooking my shots but in reality I always slice to some degree..

SOAB
12-12-2013, 01:27 PM
i think being in the enclosed environment might have more affect on your swing than you think.

at the driving range, i would tend to hit more hooks than slices and that is what i find is happening on the simulator as well. i think it is fairly accurate but there is only so much it can accurately do.

JLau
12-12-2013, 01:33 PM
I think xfactor has the best golf simulator in Calgary.

Metro Fairway is ok

optishot is more just for fun machine at home

theken
12-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Tried metro. Found the hook and slice very inaccurate but it was fun either way. Going to try xfactor

ExtraSlow
12-18-2013, 03:34 PM
I also think xfactor is the best machine in town. Although, I like the setup at the riverside club best.

mr2mike
12-18-2013, 04:39 PM
I've been trying to figure out the slice/hook thing too. I find I don't hook as badly on simulators. I think it depends on placement of the sensors in relation to the tee. Real life, the trajectory can change a lot further into the shot.
On a sim, it's got maybe 8ft to judge the rest of the trajectory.

theken
12-19-2013, 03:14 AM
I found if you hit the ball right of center it would snap slice, left of center snap hook, I hit my driver fairly straight now, I used to slice like a bastard but have worked on a nice gentle draw and thats generally my path, right of target and ends up slightly left, but this one was like straight for 100 yards and 90 degrees left or right.
Also I generally drive the ball around the 300 yard range, 320 on a good day probably 280 on a "bad" day, and I was getting about 220 on the machine.