PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Bus

schocker
12-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Another schocker spotted thread
Bendy bus tried to dorifto obviously and ended up with the middle on the sidewalk. Is this clear and close enough this time?
http://i.imgur.com/anzu6CS.jpg

diamondedge
12-11-2013, 03:09 PM
No. Not clear enough. This bus is obviously in Calgary. Your thread title is misleading.

LOL

This reminds me of the Top Gear where they had the bendy bus drifting...haha

triplep
12-11-2013, 05:21 PM
It appears that if that Bus was trying to drift, then the one that got stuck near my house must have been doing the same thing.

The problem with these buses is that they are all RWD, combine that with an accordion middle and you get all these issues. Who would have thought that a RWD bus like this was a great idea for Calgary.

ROBOCOP
12-13-2013, 11:14 PM
If that bus was trying to drift, then rear half where the drive wheels are would be on the side walk not the middle part. :facepalm:

roll_over
12-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Shut up robocop how would you know. Go pedal your bullshit else where

xnvy
12-13-2013, 11:44 PM
You couldn't get a picture from inside the bus?

Speed_69
12-13-2013, 11:49 PM
I swear you are one of the worst people at taking photos :banghead:

btimbit
12-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Well.... it's an improvment

xnvy
12-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by triplep
It appears that if that Bus was trying to drift, then the one that got stuck near my house must have been doing the same thing.

The problem with these buses is that they are all RWD, combine that with an accordion middle and you get all these issues. Who would have thought that a RWD bus like this was a great idea for Calgary. So for this bus would the set of wheels in the middle be the drive wheels or the set at the back? I'm guessing by placement of the engine it would be the back wheels but I'd want some power coming from in front of the bendy section. Idk. This is why I'm not a bus driver

schocker
12-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Don't be hatin!
speed69 was obviously the bus driver.
These should be mid engine mid wheel drive though :rofl:

triplep
12-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
So for this bus would the set of wheels in the middle be the drive wheels or the set at the back? I'm guessing by placement of the engine it would be the back wheels but I'd want some power coming from in front of the bendy section. Idk. This is why I'm not a bus driver

For all Calgary buses like these, the drive wheels are the ones in the very very back. Hence why they have an issue of folding like these. I believe in Europe the buses are either front wheel drive or at the bendy part.

What happens is that say the front gets stuck, the very rear wheels keep pushing as the front isn't going anywhere, it pushes the wheels at the bendy part forward, hence it gets folded in half and stuck.

I recall a few years back, someone was working for city transit and they told me police were getting fed up with helping these buses as the design is stupid and it is inevitable that they get stuck.

rob the knob
12-14-2013, 05:54 PM
did Ecuadorian break?