PDA

View Full Version : Crowfoot Dodge Bad Experience

StreetRacerX
12-11-2013, 07:15 PM
gfAfMiNVdu8

Posting this video for a fellow SRT8 owner on another forum who has made attempts to get the dealership to step up for what the tech did to his vehicle as well as give people a heads up that they have technicians in their employ that perform this quality of work.

I'm not particularly sure what the policy is for linking to other forums if there is one, regardless, here is the link to the page the video was originally posted on.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41436&page=91

FraserB
12-11-2013, 07:24 PM
So he wants a plug wire?

spikerS
12-11-2013, 07:27 PM
fuck crowfoot dodge! I hate them so much! hindsight being 20/20 and me being so much more knowledgeable now...

When I was expecting my first kid, decided to get something a bit more reliable for a car. I never had a credit card, or personal loan before, nothing for a credit rating. Bought my first car. The plan we hatched with them was we needed to build credit. Buy a cheap car, because the interest rate was going to be incredibly high. Apparently no credit is worse than bad credit when it comes to risk assessment or some shit. Bought a PT cruiser, interest rate was 29.9%. I would carry the car for a year, and then trade it in once credit was established.

FFWD a year later or so later and I am getting my jeep. In the finance office, I get handed my financing papers, and I see the finance rate is now at 17%. I am shocked, I thought it would have been better. But he missed adding the roof racks in the price, and so had to resubmit the paperwork. I stayed in the office chatting with the guy, and the paper work comes back. I see the interest rate is 13.9%. He punches everything into the computer, and it is now magically 17% again.

I fucking lost it on them, I still ended up buying the Jeep, kinda felt forced to, but I got the better rate and got everything done. But since I have learned as much as I have during this time, I vowed to NEVER shop there again, and make sure EVERYONE that would listen knew my story.

Hallowed_point
12-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Reminds me of my experience at Big 4 when I had my SRT4. They spilled coolant all over the place when I had it flushed. They made no effort to clean it up properly. Sloppy "techs." How stupid can you be to be spilling oil using a funnel?! And not knowing what a crank case breather is..wow.

Everyone makes mistakes sure, but sloppy "throw it out the door" type work really bugs me. Especially with the rates dealership's charge for service. The vehicle should be in at least as good shape it came in as, if not better.

snowcat
12-11-2013, 07:31 PM
What a waste of 3 mins

schocker
12-11-2013, 07:36 PM
That was spillier than I am when I change oil :rofl:

Hallowed_point
12-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by snowcat
What a waste of 3 mins

Have you watched any of your videos?

Isaiah
12-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Have you watched any of your videos? :rofl:

FraserB
12-11-2013, 07:57 PM

Just PM his mom, get her to straighten him out.

01RedDX
12-11-2013, 08:10 PM

sr20s14zenki
12-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Rofl. Fucking snowcat

swak
12-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I actually agree with snowcat on this one, seems like your bitching about nothing really... What are you looking to get "fixed/remediated" from crowfoot dodge?

Did they break anything? Or just spill oil on your engine? Big deal.

Rat Fink
12-11-2013, 08:41 PM

ddduke
12-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by swak
I actually agree with snowcat on this one, seems like your bitching about nothing really... What are you looking to get "fixed/remediated" from crowfoot dodge?

Did they break anything? Or just spill oil on your engine? Big deal.

:werd: If you're that anal about your car and willing to make threads/edit videos because someone spilled some oil then maybe you should be doing your own service.:drama:

anothers10
12-11-2013, 09:12 PM
That was boring. I was hoping for a 270km/hr road test or some sideways action though intersections.

90_Shelby
12-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

:werd: If you're that anal about your car and willing to make threads/edit videos because someone spilled some oil then maybe you should be doing your own service.:drama:

:werd:

coachhines
12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Actually if you had ever done an oil change on any Magnuson supercharged Hemi you'd know that you have to pour the oil in super slow or it gurgles out. He didn't know, whatever. Not sure why you have a filter on that port either, supposed to be into the intake tube so there is a low pressure draw on the pcv system, especially under full throttle.

rage2
12-11-2013, 09:38 PM
That's a lot of whining for spilt oil.

toastgremlin
12-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
who in their right mind hovers over engines like that.......it has to be a moron. Probably the same caliber of guy who takes a pressure washer to an engine bay at close range.

bignerd
12-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Didnt watch video, sounds like they spilled oil. Ask them to shampoo your engine.

Type_S1
12-11-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't see why that guy is crying so much....I agree that was a waste of 3 mins.

swak
12-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Didnt watch video, sounds like they spilled oil. Ask them to shampoo your engine.

I hear pressure washing is good for taking that caked on grease right out too.

Sugarphreak
12-11-2013, 10:53 PM

InLoveWitRSX
12-11-2013, 11:27 PM
damn i just went to crowfoot dodge to get a oil change a couple weeks ago.. i was in and outta there in like 15 mins, i wonder if they changed it at all

JRSC00LUDE
12-11-2013, 11:33 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mega-WIN!

One of the most useless video making people on the Internet calling the kettle black? Hahahahaha fuck snowcat, you're just a peach! :rofl:

heavyfuel
12-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Parts dept. guys (Jason and Rob) are awesome. I'd never trust any dealership to touch my truck but when I need OE parts, that's the only place I go.

luxor
12-12-2013, 12:06 AM
:facepalm:

Close this stupid thread, this bitch is lucky they even cleaned his engine bay. A pressure washer can't blow off wire insulation either and your coil packs are pretty well sealed FFS.

AE92_TreunoSC
12-12-2013, 12:09 AM
What a stupid video and a stupid thread.

I've split oil plenty of times and washed them off plenty of times. You simply just watched a lazy effort but he still addressed the issue.

I really hate the idea of dash cams in the shop, I check every car that is likely to have one so I can watch my mouth. God forbid I bitch about the customer or slam the door too hard.

Nothing wrong with pressure washing engines, and most dealerships have warm water in the hoses. I doubt that wire was damaged by his 2 seconds of pressure.

Plus the coil packs are weather pack sealed, it takes a lot to make a modern coil pack misfire unless its on its way out.

Again, this is a stupid video and your friend needs to blur out their faces to respect their privacy.

Wrinkly
12-12-2013, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

Just PM his mom, get her to straighten him out.

:rofl: Trust me; I've tried

Sugarphreak
12-12-2013, 08:30 AM

StreetRacerX
12-13-2013, 09:53 AM
I guess he expected better from them, if I put the time, effort, and money like he did into my Jeep I'm sure I'd be bothered by it as well, it bothers me when people don't take pride in their work, regardless of what they are doing.

His vehicle is still under warranty, otherwise he would do it himself.

Zero102
12-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Crowfoot dodge worked on my Chrysler 300 a couple years back, it was ~9 months old at the time and the power steering pump failed. The tech working on the car left his magnet-on-a-stick stuck to the rad support when he closed the hood. It crumpled it up into a bent-up mess that was still stuck to the rad support when I found it inspecting the work at my house that evening. It left big scratches in the rad support and the underside of the hood.

They also didn't clean the engine after it got completely covered in power steering fluid when the pump failed. On a 9 month old car still under full warranty I really would expect them to have done this. To top it all off after I got the car back I was driving it home and flipped the sunvisor down and a big fucking spider dropped right in my face when I did this. Never had a spider in the car before or after that.

I complained to the service manager about the magnet and the damage it did to my car as well as the power steering fluid all over the place and they basically told me to fuck off and said that I am being too picky.

Hallowed_point
12-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
To top it all off after I got the car back I was driving it home and flipped the sunvisor down and a big fucking spider dropped right in my face when I did this. Never had a spider in the car before or after that.

LOL!! :eek:

Mitsu3000gt
12-13-2013, 11:44 AM
I personally wouldn't be expecting much for service quality at any Chrysler/Dodge dealer or any of the other low-end car dealers. There are always exceptions but my expectations would be extremely low in general. You hear by far the most horror stores from those companies. Back when we owned a Caravan, the dealers were BY FAR the worst part of the ownership experience was anything to do with the dealership. They are the bottom of the barrel as far as dealerships go IMO and from our experience.

Some split oil isn't a big deal if cleaned up properly IMO. I don't know how that happens though if you're using a funnel and everything. I have never split oil on my cars.

I would be upset about the pressure wash though, if that indeed is what blew off the wiring insulation and that wasn't pre-existing.

rage2
12-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
Crowfoot dodge worked on my Chrysler 300 a couple years back, it was ~9 months old at the time and the power steering pump failed. The tech working on the car left his magnet-on-a-stick stuck to the rad support when he closed the hood. It crumpled it up into a bent-up mess that was still stuck to the rad support when I found it inspecting the work at my house that evening. It left big scratches in the rad support and the underside of the hood.

They also didn't clean the engine after it got completely covered in power steering fluid when the pump failed. On a 9 month old car still under full warranty I really would expect them to have done this. To top it all off after I got the car back I was driving it home and flipped the sunvisor down and a big fucking spider dropped right in my face when I did this. Never had a spider in the car before or after that.

I complained to the service manager about the magnet and the damage it did to my car as well as the power steering fluid all over the place and they basically told me to fuck off and said that I am being too picky.
See, that is something to bitch about. Still blown away at the drama over spilt oil. I thought it was just Mibz that's so sensitive, guess it's all Jeep owners.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I thought it was just Mibz that's so sensitive, guess it's all Jeep owners.

HEY I AM NOT SENSITIVE WHY WOULD YOU THINK I AM SENSITIVE

LEAVE MIBZ ALOOOOOOONE. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mibz
12-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Can't wait to hear what ScCab thinks about being called sensitive, haha. Maybe it's only white Jeep owners.

ScCab
12-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Maybe it's only white Jeep owners.
:goflames:

TheStigz
12-13-2013, 12:58 PM
The burning oil on the engine block causes unpleasent odours.. and cancer

:dunno:

StreetRacerX
12-13-2013, 01:01 PM
I believe his biggest concern was water and that aerosol getting into his engine through the krank vent. He changed his engine oil again after to make sure it was fine.

Edit: Random fun fact;

Unless you buy the Mercedes Benz dip stick, the dealer must be used for the transmission service as one isn't installed from factory and it us impossible to check the level of transmission fluid.

raceman6135
12-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
Random fun fact;

Unless you buy the Mercedes Benz dip stick, the dealer must be used for the transmission service as one isn't installed from factory and it us impossible to check the level of transmission fluid.

Dorman makes a transmission dipstick for MB, available from the usual aftermarket parts stores. About $53 vs $200+ish from MB. :thumbsup:

revelations
12-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Ive washed all my engines, both cold and warm, for 20 years, like the tech did. Never had an issue.

If the SRT4 is that delicate, time for a new vehicle.

120Comm
12-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by revelations
If the SRT4, time for a new vehicle.

FTFY

revelations
12-14-2013, 04:41 PM
^ :rofl: , horrible interior but hauled a$$ for the money.....

tomt64
12-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Ask them to shampoo your engine.

That would involve a pressure washer, best not to. :rofl:

clem24
12-17-2013, 03:02 PM
User issue. I have not seen a single Cherokee SRT8 *NOT* being driven by a douche. And when I say douche, I actually mean total fucking retard thinks he has a sports car my dick is huge asshat.

StreetRacerX
12-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by raceman6135

Dorman makes a transmission dipstick for MB, available from the usual aftermarket parts stores. About $53 vs $200+ish from MB. :thumbsup:

Haha thanks, I'll have to get the part number of the dipstick they use.

Lol

Its fun being a douche though! :devil:

revelations
12-17-2013, 05:34 PM
^ were you east bound on Glenmore this afternoon? :nut: (heading east of Deerfoot)

StreetRacerX
12-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by revelations
^ were you east bound on Glenmore this afternoon? :nut: (heading east of Deerfoot)

Not I, I typically only use personal vehicles a couple times a week, and its going to be in the evening 99% of the time, spot someone driving like a nut?

revelations
12-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Had the same tinted tails as your SRT, plus it looked matte black (which I dont think you have)..... driving like a DC (douche canoe) :nut: