PDA

View Full Version : G4S Security Vehicle Driving On Wrong Side of the Road

MGCM
12-13-2013, 12:15 AM
We'll call this a rant.....

For the 2nd time in 1 month I have witnessed a G4S security vehicle driving down the wrong side of the road and I want to know if anyone else has witnessed this. The retard has done this in the same spot, country hills blvd and 14st NE, he does his "security checks" in that warehouse area and for whatever stupid reason he drives southbound on 14st NE in the Northbound lanes.......and he sits in the wrong lane facing country hills blvd at the light waiting and basically blocking anyone from turning into there until the light changes.........Semi trucks with trailer(s) are constantly going in and out of that area and this fool is gunna cause a major accident, likely him being on the losing end. I was too angry when i passed him that i didnt think to stop and snap a pic(next time) but i promptly turned around and chased him down for a plate # and unit #, will be calling to report this moron to G4S and possibly the police.

If you have witnessed this retard from G4S please post up, because one day he WILL be the cause of an accident and for his sake i hope nobody gets seriously injured.

/end rant

luxor
12-13-2013, 12:24 AM
NE

/thread

roll_over
12-13-2013, 12:57 AM
I know we have had some bad blood mgcm but I agree with you on this one

Rat Fink
12-13-2013, 08:00 AM

DeeK
12-13-2013, 08:50 AM
Just let Darwinian law take its natural course. Problem solved.

Tik-Tok
12-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Why don't you call G4S?

JRSC00LUDE
12-13-2013, 10:41 AM
^ He said he was going to! Geez, lay off man! You're nagging like a woman!!! :nut:

:D

Tik-Tok
12-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
^ He said he was going to! Geez, lay off man! You're nagging like a woman!!! :nut:
:D

Didn't read that far, lol.

MGCM
12-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Quick Update, I have made contact with a representative from G4S and process of identifying the individual that was driving the vehicle is underway. Considering what I saw im certainly curious if the driver was drinking and driving.

NoSup4U
12-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Ironic that one of their trucks was involved in a fatal head on collision this week on highway 63. :bullshit:

G4S (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/g4s-armoured-truck-guard-dies-2nd-hurt-in-highway-63-crash-1.2459676)

MGCM
12-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by NoSup4U
Ironic that one of their trucks was involved in a fatal head on collision this week on highway 63. :bullshit:

G4S (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/g4s-armoured-truck-guard-dies-2nd-hurt-in-highway-63-crash-1.2459676)

well that explains the prompt response from G4S..........

TheHumbleGeek
12-28-2013, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by MGCM
We'll call this a rant.....

For the 2nd time in 1 month I have witnessed a G4S security vehicle driving down the wrong side of the road and I want to know if anyone else has witnessed this. The retard has done this in the same spot, country hills blvd and 14st NE, he does his "security checks" in that warehouse area and for whatever stupid reason he drives southbound on 14st NE in the Northbound lanes.......and he sits in the wrong lane facing country hills blvd at the light waiting and basically blocking anyone from turning into there until the light changes.........Semi trucks with trailer(s) are constantly going in and out of that area and this fool is gunna cause a major accident, likely him being on the losing end. I was too angry when i passed him that i didnt think to stop and snap a pic(next time) but i promptly turned around and chased him down for a plate # and unit #, will be calling to report this moron to G4S and possibly the police.

If you have witnessed this retard from G4S please post up, because one day he WILL be the cause of an accident and for his sake i hope nobody gets seriously injured.

/end rant

Did you stop to consider that it could have been a new driver for the company? or a driver just unfamiliar with the area? Yes, i agree that its dangerous, but I also know that area and it can be bad if you aren't familiar with it. However immediately flying off the handle and calling someone a retard for making a mistake makes you come across like a douche, irregardless of how angry you might be. Let me ask you this, when you "chased him down for a plate # and unit #", did you exceed the speed limit? Make an illegal U-Turn? Perhaps make a few less-than-safe lane changes? Somehow, i highly doubt he was the only person to make a bad choice.

Originally posted by MGCM
...Considering what I saw im certainly curious if the driver was drinking and driving.

Possible, but not even slightly likely... You think your penalties as a normal driver are bad for drinking&driving? Try adding at least one $5000 FINE dished out by the Alberta Solicitor General AND loss of employment INDUSTRY-WIDE plus whatever penalties the company itself dish out.

Originally posted by Rat Fink
Dude, he's practically a cop. Can do what he wants. LOLOL...OL

Nope, not a cop, not even close. However, some times, to accomplish what a client (or your boss) requests, you have to push the limits of what is legal or safe. Does it suck? Of course, but due to time constraints, or client requests, or management requirements, or a dozen other reasons, WE don't have a choice. WE try to be as careful as we can, but unfortunately, it's not always possible. I do agree that bad driving, irregardless of who it is, should be reported.

tch7
12-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by TheHumbleGeek
However, some times, to accomplish what a client (or your boss) requests, you have to push the limits of what is legal or safe. Does it suck? Of course, but due to time constraints, or client requests, or management requirements, or a dozen other reasons, WE don't have a choice.
That's complete nonsense. You always have a choice.

FraserB
12-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Nope, not a cop, not even close. However, some times, to accomplish what a client (or your boss) requests, you have to push the limits of what is legal or safe. Does it suck? Of course, but due to time constraints, or client requests, or management requirements, or a dozen other reasons, WE don't have a choice. WE try to be as careful as we can, but unfortunately, it's not always possible. I do agree that bad driving, irregardless of who it is, should be reported.

Are you claiming that the same allowance made to police, fire and EMS to break provisions of the TSA apply to security guards as well?

Also, claiming that you NEED to break or bend the law to do your job is a joke, no one would ever be fired for cause if they refused to break the law on request of a client or supervisor. No one is forcing you to do dangerous or illegal things, YOU are the only person who chose to do so.

AE92_TreunoSC
12-28-2013, 12:29 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alleged-shoplifter-takes-security-guard-on-police-chase-1.1283856

Isaiah
12-28-2013, 01:06 PM

Did you stop to consider that it could have been a new driver for the company? or a driver just unfamiliar with the area? Yes, i agree that its dangerous, but I also know that area and it can be bad if you aren't familiar with it. However immediately flying off the handle and calling someone a retard for making a mistake makes you come across like a douche, irregardless of how angry you might be. Let me ask you this, when you "chased him down for a plate # and unit #", did you exceed the speed limit? Make an illegal U-Turn? Perhaps make a few less-than-safe lane changes? Somehow, i highly doubt he was the only person to make a bad choice.

Possible, but not even slightly likely... You think your penalties as a normal driver are bad for drinking&driving? Try adding at least one $5000 FINE dished out by the Alberta Solicitor General AND loss of employment INDUSTRY-WIDE plus whatever penalties the company itself dish out.

Irregardless is bush English. As in George Bush.

It's either regardless or irrespective, but never irregardless. I rarely point out grammar errors but this is more of a public service announcement as it's commonly used incorrectly.

CanmoreOrLess
12-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

It's either regardless or irrespective, but never irregardless. I rarely point out grammar errors but this is more of a public service announcement as it's commonly used incorrectly.

I once had a coworker say "Irregardless of what has gone on, I pacifically said....". I had to back out of the room for fear I'd piss my pants laughing. Don't get me started on "Ironically"...

GTS4tw
12-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

I could care less.

xnvy
12-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

I couldn't care less. Fixed.

GTS4tw
12-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
Fixed.

hahaha "whoosh"

TheHumbleGeek
01-02-2014, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

Are you claiming that the same allowance made to police, fire and EMS to break provisions of the TSA apply to security guards as well?

Nope, not claiming that in any way.

Originally posted by FraserB

Also, claiming that you NEED to break or bend the law to do your job is a joke, no one would ever be fired for cause if they refused to break the law on request of a client or supervisor. No one is forcing you to do dangerous or illegal things, YOU are the only person who chose to do so.

Originally posted by tch7

That's complete nonsense. You always have a choice.

Actually, im not claiming anything. Im stating it categorically. In order to fulfill the requirements of my job as my employer requires (and so to keep said job) I am forced into making choices I would rather not do. Before anyone says, Yes, i have requested my employer provide more time but the response from upper management is always the same: :confused: :dunno: MEH! Would i be fired for refusing something illegal? Nope, but i would be fired for not fulfilling job requirements IF/WHEN I am late arriving back to the office, or have to cut corners to get my assigned duties completed in the allotted time. Of course, theres also that whole "with cause" you mentioned. Nothing to stop a company from firing without cause, and making up something afterwards. Yes, its illegal, and Yes, it still happens.

People also need to keep in mind that despite what some "hug-a-thug" or "Fuck da Police" types may try to portray, there is a certain amount of risk inherent in this line of work. You deal with vagrants, you deal with addicts, you deal with suspicious vehicles, a fair bit similar to what some police have to deal with, just without most of the force options for defence that police have.

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alleged-shoplifter-takes-security-guard-on-police-chase-1.1283856

K, that made me laugh... mostly because i know guards that would legitimately be that stupid as to hop in the vehicle.

DEATH2000
01-02-2014, 07:36 PM

K, that made me laugh... mostly because i know guards that would legitimately be that stupid as to hop in the vehicle.
She lost her job for that. Zellers was not happy.

TheHumbleGeek
01-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Yea, that also doesn't surprise me... Security is continually caught between a rock and a hard place. When all we do is "Observe and Report", alot of clients will bitch "Why didnt you try to stop them?" and if we do attempt to intervene, those same clients will scream "Why did you try to stop them? you are just supposed to observe and report." :( :confused: :( :dunno:

Hallowed_point
01-03-2014, 10:47 AM
^Totally hear you there OP. When I first moved here, I worked as a security guard. Some clients act like you are some hired thug that follows whatever crazy orders they try and give you "arrest that guy" blah blah blah :rolleyes:.

You're always having to prove your worth to a client that thinks you don't do anything all day. Without getting your ass kicked or worse. As well as staying within the confines of the law. Also security companies are notorious for not supporting guards who are involved in physical confrontations.

One situation in particular stands out for me when I was doing night shift security at 7/11 across from The Ship. Bunch of Russians outside arguing and one of them pulls a baseball bat out of the truck of his porsche (I shit you not!) Dumbass 7/11 manager screams for me to go out and break it up. I stayed inside as I'm not Steven Seagal. Some clients were really bad for that sort of thing. I wasn't willing to get my head smashed in for $14/hr.

Also agreed lol! " K, that made me laugh... mostly because i know guards that would legitimately be that stupid as to hop in the vehicle."