PDA

View Full Version : Money stolen from armoured truck after fatal Alberta crash

thetransporter
12-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Money stolen from armoured truck after fatal Alberta crash

Passerby scooped money from crashed armoured truck, RCMP say

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/cms/binary/6788042.jpg
A G4S armoured vehicle leaves the Edmonton office. An employee of the security company and another driver were killed in a head-on crash on Highway 63 Tuesday. (The Canadian Press)

An Alberta man has been charged with theft after cash was stolen from a G4S armoured truck moments after it was involved in a fatal crash on Highway 63 just south of Fort McMurray.

The truck crashed head-on into a pickup truck around 10 a.m. Wednesday, killing Rod Whalen, 60, a 15-year employee of G4S. The pickup driver also died. A second G4S guard was treated and released from hospital.

G4S armoured truck guard dies, 2nd hurt in Highway 63 crash
RCMP allege the accused stopped moments after the collision, scooped up money that had fallen out of the armoured truck and drove away.

Witnesses saw a man taking the money and gave police a licence plate number. RCMP Const. Natasha Lytwenko says police then contacted the accused and asked him to bring the money back.

A 60-year-old man from Leduc County was arrested on Friday and charged with theft over $5,000 and possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000. He is scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 22.

Police will not say how much money was taken.

The G4S guards involved in the crash worked in the same cash-in-transit section as the three guards who were shot and killed on the University of Alberta campus in June 2012.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/money-stolen-from-armoured-truck-after-fatal-alberta-crash-1.2463883

Rat Fink
12-14-2013, 01:39 AM

btimbit
12-14-2013, 02:01 AM
Was it driving down the wrong side of the road?

xnvy
12-14-2013, 02:16 AM
That, while pretty disgusting and despicable, is unfortunately what I've come to expect from people. Generally in poorer countries you see this stuff but even then passers by would still help. This guy is just a piece of work.

amear
12-14-2013, 02:43 AM
Im surprised it was a 60 year old man that jumped for the money. I thought it would be some 20 year old:rofl:

MGCM
12-14-2013, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by xnvy
That, while pretty disgusting and despicable, is unfortunately what I've come to expect from people. Generally in poorer countries you see this stuff but even then passers by would still help. This guy is just a piece of work.

took the words right outta my head, that guy should be required to serve time for leaving 2 ppl dead on the road with a 3rd injured and just fuking off, nevermind the money part

davidI
12-14-2013, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by xnvy

I'm happy you said generally in poorer countries because in my experience there are a lot of poorer countries where the people are much more friendly and honest regardless of the potential for capital gain.

heavyfuel
12-14-2013, 08:39 AM
He did it all wrong. Shoulda called 911, covered his plate with mud so it looked dirty but not deliberately covered, stayed at the scene, then once help is on the way, and after a quick shoulder check on both sides, swift kick to the money bag, right into the ditch and come back for it later. Freeze it so the dye pack doesn't explode. Then a few months down the road anonymously send 1/3 to the deceased's family, 1/3 to the survivor and his family, and keep the other 1/3. It's win-win-win and the money's insured. Doing it the way he did it was wrong, slimy and greedy and I'm glad he got caught.

speedog
12-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
He did it all wrong. Shoulda called 911, covered his plate with mud so it looked dirty but not deliberately covered, stayed at the scene, then once help is on the way, and after a quick shoulder check on both sides, swift kick to the money bag, right into the ditch and come back for it later. Freeze it so the dye pack doesn't explode. Then a few months down the road anonymously send 1/3 to the deceased's family, 1/3 to the survivor and his family, and keep the other 1/3. It's win-win-win and the money's insured. Doing it the way he did it was wrong, slimy and greedy and I'm glad he got caught.

Uh huh.

Like the G4S people and the police wouldn't have looked around just a wee bit. Never the less, quite a story you spun there, not unexpected I would say.

heavyfuel
12-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by speedog

Uh huh.

Like the G4S people and the police wouldn't have looked around just a wee bit. Never the less, quite a story you spun there, not unexpected I would say.

Easier said than done, yes. Dozens more angles to cover if one were to successfully pull it off. Point is if you're gonna "steal" insured money that would be the right thing to do.

Or you could just give the money BAAAAAck lol

VWEvo
12-14-2013, 10:08 AM

I really hope your just being stupid. If you think the deceased family want the proceeds of stolen money than you are no better than the guy who stole the money.

speedog
12-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Easier said than done, yes. Dozens more angles to cover if one were to successfully pull it off. Point is if you're gonna "steal" insured money that would be the right thing to do.

Or you could just give the money BAAAAAck lol

BTW; "Beyond's #1 thread de-railer!" - don't flatter yourself. Snowpussy has that covered quite nicely.

heavyfuel
12-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by speedog

BTW; "Beyond's #1 thread de-railer!" - don't flatter yourself. Snowpussy has that covered quite nicely.

Hahah I fixed my signature to reflect that. Is that all you got? F'n retard lol

codetrap
12-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Or you could just give the money BAAAAAck lol Nice to see the level of your moral character. Just because its insured doesn't make it right to steal.

Plus, in the end, it still ends up costing us all more in insurance payments. Moral of the story? You fuck someone else, and you're just going to get fucked in the *end*.

frizzlefry
12-14-2013, 12:29 PM
People are disgusting. I saw this young woman get hit by an FJ-Cruiser. She is on the ground having a seizure because her head was cracked open and I hear some woman yelling...some piece of shit on a bike grabbed the victim's phone and took off.

Feruk
12-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by frizzlefry
People are disgusting. I saw this young woman get hit by an FJ-Cruiser. She is on the ground having a seizure because her head was cracked open and I hear some woman yelling...some piece of shit on a bike grabbed the victim's phone and took off.
Not like she was gonna use it any time soon. :eek:

FraserB
12-14-2013, 08:04 PM
All this means is if you ever see any of heavyfuel's vehicles, he's fine with you taking whatever you want from it. Because it's insured.

snowcat
12-14-2013, 08:37 PM

Hahah I fixed my signature to reflect that. Is that all you got? F'n retard lol

See I'm not even in this thread yet and I'm derailin' like a boss.

frizzlefry
12-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Feruk

Not like she was gonna use it any time soon. :eek:

Not her no....but the medics wanted to contact a family member to let them know what hospital they could go to to possibly be there when she died. They couldn't.

But she did pull through. Medic said cell phones are vital because most young people don't have an official next of kin stated anywhere. Takes a lot longer to contact family.