PDA

View Full Version : Looking to borrow: 10'+ enclosed trailer for a couple days

GOnSHO
12-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey guys,

long shot but a friend of mine is being kicked out of her house in BC on Christmas and asked for my help. I have no problem doing so but i need to find an enclosed trailer to load up her stuff into and bring her back to Calgary.

Anyone able to help me out?? Ill be pulling it with 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4.

Thanks,

Travis

prae
12-15-2013, 08:24 PM
uhaul rents a 12x6 enclosed - no mileage charge and it's well under $50 a day. They also do 1-way rentals.

GOnSHO
12-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Yea, i was hoping to avoid UHaul and i know a couple guys here have trailers, thanks though.

Env-Consultant
12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
I know you're looking for something from a member, but just to echo the first response, Home Depot rents closed trailers in awesome shape - used one to move everything from house A to house B a few months ago. Think it was $30/day and no mileage charges - not sure about leaving the province with them. I used the HD in Shawnessy.

Hopefully you can find one on here though, just wanted to add an option if you're unable to.

GOnSHO
12-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Even 6' would work/help, it is christmas and was hoping to not have to shell out too much money to relocate her.

Ill check it out, thanks

SkiBum5.0
12-19-2013, 02:35 PM
As people have posted we are talking about $30-50 per day.

At most it's going to be ~$200....

Instead you want someone to lend you a trailer for free, and take all the liability in the case you crash/steal/damage their trailer.

Not trying to be a jerk but most people won't lend out a trailer unless they know you or you pay them. Driving it to BC and back is no small feat right now with the way the roads are.

speedog
12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
As people have posted we are talking about $30-50 per day.

At most it's going to be ~$200....

Instead you want someone to lend you a trailer for free, and take all the liability in the case you crash/steal/damage their trailer.

Not trying to be a jerk but most people won't lend out a trailer unless they know you or you pay them. Driving it to BC and back is no small feat right now with the way the roads are.

This. I've got a smaller enclosed cargo trailer and have lent it out to family/close friends and it has come back damaged from them - to lend to a complete stranger something that is thousands to replace, nope, just isn't happening.

GOnSHO
12-19-2013, 03:08 PM
And thats fine, i know there are a couple people who would. Ive lent out many things and had them returned in great condition, some in crappy condition. As someone who is anal about the condition of everything they own, im not one to damage something...

Thank you for your "opinion" but it is not needed in this thread. Im trying to do a good deed for a friend and was hoping someone out there would do the same for me.

Env-Consultant
12-19-2013, 03:55 PM
You two play nice...:rofl:

speedog
12-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Don't have an issue with GOnSHo, was just affirming SkiBum5.0's post.

Env-Consultant
12-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Just a joke - all in good fun :)

mobius
12-19-2013, 07:00 PM
You keep mentioning that you know people who have trailers and would lend them to you........ yet you keep posting here?

benyl
12-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Won't the extra gas you burn towing out there cover the cost of getting a one way from where ever she is?