PDA

View Full Version : LF: Someone that can solder a piece to a motherboard

PAV
12-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Looking for someone who can solder a small piece (I think it is a capacitor, but might not be) back to a video card. My clumsy fingers broke it off. I have the piece, just need someone with experience/know how to try to put it back.

Willing to pay a reasonable fee for the service. Already took it to MemExpress and they wouldn't do it, said the piece was too small.

Please PM me with your number and I will get back to you. Thanks.

Unknown303
12-16-2013, 12:37 AM
picture?

Afrodeziak
12-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Yep, post a picture,

Could in fact be too small and they don't want to take liability.
Or could be pretty simple.

The_Penguin
12-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
Yep, post a picture,

Could in fact be too small and they don't want to take liability.
Or could be pretty simple.

Agreed. A good clear photo will help. I seriously doubt Memex could solder a through-hole component let-alone a SMD.

I could probably do it for a beer, if the board isn't too damaged.

PAV
12-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Here are two pictures. It is from slot c506 on the board

PAV
12-24-2013, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by The_Penguin

Agreed. A good clear photo will help. I seriously doubt Memex could solder a through-hole component let-alone a SMD.

PAV
12-24-2013, 01:08 AM

PAV
12-24-2013, 01:19 AM
btw thanks to those that have responded asking for pics. Please let me know if you think you can help.

The_Penguin
12-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Easy enough.

Hard to tell from the photo, is the metal end missing on the right hand side of the capacitor?

I can do it for you, but not until the madness that is the holiday season is over, if you don't mind bringing it to the deep southeast.

PAV
12-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Easy enough.

Hard to tell from the photo, is the metal end missing on the right hand side of the capacitor?

I can do it for you, but not until the madness that is the holiday season is over, if you don't mind bringing it to the deep southeast.

No, I think it is all there, I'll have to check though. And if you could that would be awesome! I'm not in a rush, will PM you my contact info. Thank you!!