PDA

View Full Version : how to get rotten smell of death out of carpet

JC522
12-16-2013, 01:15 AM
So a couple days before the deep freeze the car had a rotting smell but then once the temperature dropped, the smell went away. It was pretty warm past couple of days and the smell came back pretty strong. After smelling around I THINK I located the source of the smell, it's on a patch of carpet. I cleaned out the car and found no rotting food or anything but the smell is definitely there. I think the little one might have spilt something. I went to a car wash and used the wet vac there, i sprayed the area with this cleaning stuff from the hospital. No luck. Does anyone have any other ideas. I can't stand the smell anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

englishbob
12-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Try and source a small amount of 'odour out' made by Chemfax, that too will smell for a while but has active enzymes that will eat away at most smells.

Waldi
12-16-2013, 09:53 AM
get some baking soda and drop/sprincle it on area of carpet , leave it for few hours (maybe day) and vacum it after.

A790
12-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by JC522
So a couple days before the deep freeze the car had a rotting smell but then once the temperature dropped, the smell went away. It was pretty warm past couple of days and the smell came back pretty strong. After smelling around I THINK I located the source of the smell, it's on a patch of carpet. I cleaned out the car and found no rotting food or anything but the smell is definitely there. I think the little one might have spilt something. I went to a car wash and used the wet vac there, i sprayed the area with this cleaning stuff from the hospital. No luck. Does anyone have any other ideas. I can't stand the smell anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bring it in and I'll steam it. If I'm only doing one patch of carpet it will be cheap and fast.

I have a few compounds that I can use to utilize odours, and when I steam it's at a temperature of about 225 Fahrenheit. Between the temperature, the detergents, and the pressure (300 psi) it should help :)

rlim891
01-20-2014, 12:29 AM
depending on the smell, steaming sometimes don't work. ionizing will get rid of almost anything.