PDA

View Full Version : What are these files? How do I get them to work? Pictures Inside.

Fluidic
02-26-2004, 06:08 PM
My friend gave me this CD with a demo video from his animation class. It's about 600MB in size, but I don't know what the fuck to do. Do I need to download a program or something?

I have a few of his "demo" reel CD's... I'll post images of what they look like in a few minutes. In the meantime, here's an example of one of the disc. He says you have to combine the files or something together.

Bah... I need help. Huge thanks in advance.

Fluidic
02-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Another CD with these strange looking video files.

gongSHOW
02-26-2004, 06:16 PM
the first set aren't video files, .nfo are usually used for table of contents I think. .bin and .cue files are CD images, you can use Nero Imagedrive to check what the CD images are!

Fluidic
02-26-2004, 06:18 PM
This one I had to transfer two cd's worth of information to my HD. You can see in the top left hand corner the main folder, and from there, I accessed CD1 -- it lists these files -- the CD2 folder also has these same files.

Fluidic
02-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
the first set aren't video files, .nfo are usually used for table of contents I think. .bin and .cue files are CD images, you can use Nero Imagedrive to check what the CD images are!

I appreciate the help. If it makes any difference -- I'm using an Apple. Will Nero work on an Apple based computer?

Fluidic
02-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Here are a few more files that I don't know. What program are they normally associated with?

1)

gpomp
02-26-2004, 06:47 PM
NFO is a text file, use Notepad/Wordpad/etc.
CUE is table of contents for the BIN image, use Nero.
VOB are DVD files.
R** are RAR files, use WinRar.
The last BIN files you will need the corresponding CUE files to burn.
From the naming convention and format looks like warez to me. :dunno:

Fluidic
02-26-2004, 06:49 PM
LOL

This shit is too complicated. Fuck this. :thumbsdow :confused:

gpomp
02-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Too bad Mac's don't have Notepad, Nero, or WinRar.

roopi
02-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Looks like warez. :D

Open the info (nfo) file and read what it says.

WinRar will extract these and join them into one file.

Fluidic
02-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
Too bad Mac's don't have Notepad, Nero, or WinRar.

I suppose. They have programs "like" them, but yah, you're right -- can never replace a good ole` PC. :D

polaris
03-01-2004, 03:59 AM
I think Toast for macs can burn bin images. Any text editor for macs will open NFO files, like Word or something. You might have a bit of trouble watching those after you get them out though, cause it looks like they are in skvcd, or super kvcd. Which the Code9 release group reallllly likes to use. I dont know for mac, but any dvd player for windows like PowerDVD would play them, and I would assume it would be the same for macs.

There is WinRar for OS X, I'm pretty damn sure.

If worst comes to worst, and you really want to watch those movies you downloaded, you can always use Virtual PC.

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Another CD with these strange looking video files.

im pretty sure you can burn these directly to dvd and it should play in your dvd player(computer)

Fluidic
03-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Well I gave up on these files the instant I got the CD. lol

Unless I purchase a DVD burner... I don't think I'm going to make any headway. :( :zzz:

biffrich
03-16-2004, 08:09 PM
I had the same problem with these crazy bin, cue and nfo files. But like everything else, it's all much easier on a Mac.

The nfo can be viewed with Textedit (just like Notepad) and there's a place made just for bin/cue pairs in Toast. (under the "copy" tab)

gpomp said : "Too bad Mac's don't have Notepad, Nero, or WinRar." Should have been ... "Thank God Macs don't have..."

Khyron
03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Hard on a PC? If I double click on a cue file, it pretty much asks me "how fast would you like to burn the CD, master?"

Khyron