PDA

View Full Version : Prostitution laws struck down!

01RedDX
12-20-2013, 12:51 PM

phil98z24
12-20-2013, 12:57 PM
It was never illegal. This just changes how they do business, which (hopefully) makes it safer for them AND clients. Now they'll be easier to find, communicate with, and safely do business with... which eliminates some of the darker aspects of the profession.

rage2
12-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Pimpin' just became easy.

ercchry
12-20-2013, 01:00 PM
still too soon to open a brothel though... since they have a year to put in new laws

Sugarphreak
12-20-2013, 01:01 PM

Mibz
12-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
With this ruling, does this mean it is now 100% legal to go and pick up a hooker? Pretty sure it always was, you just couldn't set it up in public. Or in a brothel.

colinxx235
12-20-2013, 01:05 PM
I feel like a lot of beyond Christmas bonuses that were intended for savings are about to be re-routed :rofl:

Maxt
12-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Hoe hoe hoe.....

schocker
12-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Butters is already on his way
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_13/sp_1309_clip09.jpg

FraserB
12-20-2013, 01:11 PM

With this ruling, does this mean it is now 100% legal to go and pick up a hooker?

Still illegal for the next year.

shakalaka
12-20-2013, 01:14 PM
We had been waiting for the Bedford decision to come out for a while. Many clients are going to be pretty ecstatic now. :D

Kloubek
12-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
Hoe hoe hoe..... :clap: :clap:

phil98z24
12-20-2013, 01:16 PM

With this ruling, does this mean it is now 100% legal to go and pick up a hooker?

It always was. You just couldn't discuss the exchange of money, the act, or both, in public. (solicitation) This now makes it so that they can legally screen clients beforehand by asking questions, arranging the terms, and other very important aspects of the transaction that can mean the difference between getting into a car with a "normal" john, and someone who is going to inflict extreme violence upon them.

From both a professional and personal point of view, I'm all for this. Those girls ply a rough trade and come from all walks of life, both good and bad, and it needs to be made safe for them. The courts now need to come down hard on the human trafficking and exploitation that unfortunately goes hand in hand with this.

beyond_ban
12-20-2013, 01:18 PM
So now I can ask for a rub n tug with no shame? Hoe hoe hoe is right

Neil4Speed
12-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
So now I can ask for a rub n tug with no shame?

The fact that you are paying for something, that if you applied yourself, you could get for free - still comes with shame.

beyond_ban
12-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Who are you to judge me? You don't know what I've been through :cry:

sputnik
12-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
The fact that you are paying for something, that if you applied yourself, you could get for free - still comes with shame.

I take if you are including the indirect payment methods (dinner, drinks, movies, jewelery, handbags etc) in your definition of "free".

Sugarphreak
12-20-2013, 01:46 PM

ercchry
12-20-2013, 01:48 PM
"you dont pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to leave"

benyl
12-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24

The courts now need to come down hard on the human trafficking and exploitation that unfortunately goes hand in hand with this.

Human traffickers are rejoicing over this decision.

01RedDX
12-20-2013, 01:52 PM

Mibz
12-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Human traffickers are rejoicing over this decision. I know it's not a very popular opinion here, but why not have the Government regulate the sex trade then?

Have licensed brothels with regular health and safety inspections, worker employment/citizenship records and mandatory STD screening. I have a feeling that the vast majority of "hobbyists" would use something like that over the type of back-alley hole (zing?) that is a part of human trafficking.

Sure, costs might go up, but I don't think that's going to hurt business too badly :P

Mitsu3000gt
12-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Would regular STD screening really make this much safer? Doesn't HIV, the one most people would be worried about, take like 6+ months to even show up in tests?

I've always thought this "trade" would be way safer if regulated. Same with most drugs, people will do it anyway, so why not make it safer for all. I am not a participant haha, but I'm glad to see it moving in the right direction.

Mibz
12-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Would regular STD screening really make this much safer? Doesn't HIV, the one most people would be worried about, take like 6+ months to even show up in tests? Ask Leo.

Not the forum. I mean, seriously, ask Leo. He'd probably know.

benyl
12-20-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't know what the answer is, but I think shame and ridicule for the "Johns" is in order.

Protect the women and children and punish the predators.

Prostitution is legal in Germany and they are thinking of reversing it because of all the human trafficking out of eastern Europe. Now that this is legal in Canada, I am betting we will see a lot of ladies and girls and boys (children) from SE Asia.

I have no problem with two adults making a deal. I have a problem when one party is forced.

frizzlefry
12-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Should help girls get off the street. Hard to get a decent job to support yourself when a background check shows that you were arrested for prostitution.

heavyfuel
12-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Either way you pay. A kitchen remodeling ordered by a wrinkly 55 year old wife vs. paying for a 22 year old hottie to disappear once you're done. And all done 100% legally?

No brainer.

benyl
12-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
Either way you pay. A kitchen remodeling ordered by a wrinkly 55 year old wife vs. paying for a 22 year old hottie to disappear once you're done. And all done 100% legally?

No brainer.

Sure, no brainer. But what if that 22 year old hottie is actually 16, was kidnapped in eastern Europe and sold to a local pimp. Would you care?

rage2
12-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Sure, no brainer. But what if that 22 year old hottie is actually 16, was kidnapped in eastern Europe and sold to a local pimp. Would you care?
Depends. Does her ID show she's 18 and will I get in trouble? Eastern European chicks are :love:.

roopi
12-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Depends. Does her ID show she's 18 and will I get in trouble? Eastern European chicks are :love:.

:rofl:

heavyfuel
12-20-2013, 04:21 PM

Absolutely. Which is why (hopefully) legalizing and regulating would take any women under 18 and/or not willing out of the equation.

JustinL
12-20-2013, 04:37 PM
"Every man pays for sex. Some just know the price"

Seth1968
12-20-2013, 04:37 PM
What two consenting adults do with each other is no one's business. That is, unless you're a self righteous POS that is so emotionally deficient, that you need to enforce your emotion on others. It is done so at gunpoint.

Again, democracy my ass.

khanan
12-20-2013, 06:24 PM
What about those backsheet websites? were they running illegally all along?

Toma
12-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24

It always was. You just couldn't discuss the exchange of money, the act, or both, in public. (solicitation) This now makes it so that they can legally screen clients beforehand by asking questions, arranging the terms, and other very important aspects of the transaction that can mean the difference between getting into a car with a "normal" john, and someone who is going to inflict extreme violence upon them.

From both a professional and personal point of view, I'm all for this. Those girls ply a rough trade and come from all walks of life, both good and bad, and it needs to be made safe for them. The courts now need to come down hard on the human trafficking and exploitation that unfortunately goes hand in hand
with this.

:thumbsup:

MGCM
12-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
"you dont pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to leave"

:rofl: :rofl:

heavyfuel
12-20-2013, 09:05 PM
^^ That's right lol

9vAJbY528C4

bitteeinbit
12-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Prostitution is legal in Germany and they are thinking of reversing it because of all the human trafficking out of eastern Europe. Now that this is legal in Canada, I am betting we will see a lot of ladies and girls and boys (children) from SE Asia.

I have no problem with two adults making a deal. I have a problem when one party is forced.
Wow, so this is going to open the floodgates of prostitutes from SEA? How the hell will they get here? You have to remember that Germany is part of the EU, so it's really easy for people to move around from poorer countries to ones with more cash. I've dealt with the immigration process before and trust me, it's not so easy getting into Canada. How exactly would all these people show up?

That's not to say that bad stuff can't happen. Even with tight regulation, people still operate illegally on the fringes (for example, contraband cigarettes). But all in all, it's definately a step n the right direction. The same should go for drugs. And comparing Germany's case to Canada's is pretty far-fetched. Even the US has cheap Mexican labor pouring in, but due to our geographical location, we don't exactly get a huge stream of black market workers.

Tik-Tok
12-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by bitteeinbit

How the hell will they get here?

http://www.shippingcontainerpros.com/images/shipping-containers-for-sale/new-20-foot-standard-dallas.jpg

You seem to be stuck thinking about legal immigrants. Human traffickers don't do legal.

Xtrema
12-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by bitteeinbit

Wow, so this is going to open the floodgates of prostitutes from SEA? How the hell will they get here? You have to remember that Germany is part of the EU, so it's really easy for people to move around from poorer countries to ones with more cash. I've dealt with the immigration process before and trust me, it's not so easy getting into Canada. How exactly would all these people show up?

Didn't they busted a rub and tug here a few months back on human trafficking?

Capitalism will always find a way.

Since the country is under the Conservatives, I think they will change the law to go after the demand instead. Fine johns like France and Sweden.

As for STD, a regularly checked sexworker is probably cleaner than random bar hoe.

Arash Boodagh
12-20-2013, 10:26 PM
I think it was a documentary or news report about how many Asian girls are being trafficked into Canada for sex... and didnt we have some kind of stripper program where visa were given to eastern European women who obviously turned tricks to feed an Aryan demand in the market...

The nationalistic thing to do is stop all our countries hard earn monies to be exported but to have it circulate into the Canadian economy.
It time we write our MP's and demand them to stop being the Americans lap dog in Afghanistan and further open the spigot to that sweet heroin source which will create more social ills in our society and in turn produce more local prostitutes.

Its such a small world, hell who knows maybe in 25 years us forum members will share each others daughters without knowing it.

Welcome to Canada
dealwithitcatwithsunglasses.jpg

01RedDX
12-20-2013, 10:57 PM

ga16i
12-21-2013, 05:02 AM
It'd be awesome if prostitution becomes legal and well accepted businesses. Them crappy coupon books might actually become interesting if sponsored by prostitution.

I like the idea of licensed prostitutes with regular testing to ensure safety and quality of product.

EDIT: and those with STI's should still be able to practice, just note conditions on their license like A for AIDS or something like our driver's licenses. Plus different classes depending on skill determined by exams. A Class 1 hooker should command more money than say a Class 5 w/ AIDS.

Supa Dexta
12-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Lightened pot laws and now women, everyone's cutting in on my action. :thumbsdow

heavyfuel
12-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Lightened pot laws and now women, everyone's cutting in on my action. :thumbsdow

YOUR action eh?

Lemme guess, you're prolly one of those white guys, who thinks they're black with a big gold chain, basketball jersey and sideways ball cap, flossing your '92 caddy at Jimmy Deans and thinks you're hard cuz your from Nova Scotia? Am I in the ballpark? Your name James by any chance? Lol

Mibz
12-21-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm sure he was joking. I'm not so sure you are.

heavyfuel
12-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Well I'm positive that you're not lol

Supa Dexta
12-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Thats J-rock to you home slice.

Cos
12-21-2013, 10:56 AM

heavyfuel
12-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Not just a badass, hard as fuck lol

X2s4mHLvGVI

Sugarphreak
12-21-2013, 11:21 AM

ZenOps
12-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Ho's before Bros? That doesn't sit well.

Mibz
12-21-2013, 04:13 PM
lol, fuck. Can't believe I missed that.

Mixalot27
12-21-2013, 04:34 PM
...In completely unrelated news, today Charlie Sheen officially applied for dual Canadian Citizenship.