PDA

View Full Version : Pepperoni and Kielbasa / X-mas Treats

chathamf
12-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Looking for a deli or grocery store that has really good pepperoni and kielbasa. Always had this stuff back east during Christmas and trying to find something here that can somewhat compare. Sobeys today didn't have anything at all, so figured I'd ask you guys before wasting my time going store to store.

Also, what are some other foods, snacks, meats, etc. that you have always had around Christmas? Looking for anything tasty to add to my own traditions.

Env-Consultant
12-21-2013, 07:47 PM
I did a quick Google search for you after reading your post and came up with this:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/722069

Secretly, I did it for myself too - you gave me a hankering for some. My family was the first family from Poland to settle in Alberta in 1895 - I'm mad at myself for not knowing the solid European food joints in YYC.

Heritage Bakery and Deli on 37th St SW. - this is 7 blocks from my house - definitely making a trip there on Monday morning (closed Sundays). Sick menu.

Polcan on Heritage

Cracovia Deli

relyt92
12-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Have always had great experiences with meats from Polcan.

roll_over
12-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Polcan would be my first choice there is a few others but I only know the locations

chathamf
12-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Do they make pepperoni as well?

ExtraSlow
12-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Rocky's Sausage Haus in bridgeland.

Unknown303
12-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Rocky's Sausage Haus in bridgeland.

This place was a block away from my old condo and I used to shop there constantly. Awesome pepperoni.

bleu
12-21-2013, 10:24 PM
I was going to suggest Heritage Bakery as well...and pop into Glamorgan Bakery for cheese buns! So delicious! :drool:

relyt92
12-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by bleu
I was going to suggest Heritage Bakery as well...and pop into Glamorgan Bakery for cheese buns! So delicious! :drool: Holy hell those cheese buns. Buy a bag planning to eat them all week then later that day they're all gone somehow.

hampstor
12-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Polcan. Did a trip there this morning and loaded up on bacon and sausage (garlic, and double garlic!). I would've picked up the double smoked ham sausage, but the people infront of me cleaned them out of that. They're open 11-5 tomorrow (Sunday) as well. I was there at opening this morning and there were about 30 people waiting already.

However, I don't recall seeing pepperoni at Polcan. You can always find good pepperoni at Lina's Italian Market on centre street north.

boarderfatty
12-22-2013, 01:33 AM
There are a few delicatessen's here that make a kabaroni which is an awesome hybrid. basically it is kielbasa meat made a little more spicy like pepperoni, and in a pepperoni style casing.