PDA

View Full Version : Getting friends car out of impound

JfuckinC
12-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I feel like this is impossible but ill ask anyway.

If my friends car got towed, but they are now on vacation, is there anyway i can get it out for them?i have the insurance and Registration, do i just need a letter of consent or something? or is it entirely impossible haha.. because i feel as though it is.

Thanks!

JfuckinC
12-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Well after reading a little bit i answered my own question. all i need is a letter! so i will get them to fax me one :D

C_Dave45
12-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Well after reading a little bit i answered my own question. all i need is a letter! so i will get them to fax me one :D

Will they accept this? Only asking 'cuz I don't know. Anyone can type up a letter "from the R/O" giving consent...doesn't prove it's from the actual owner.

To get my vehicle out of there, I had to show ID as the R/O.

brucebanner
12-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Will they accept this? Only asking 'cuz I don't know. Anyone can type up a letter "from the R/O" giving consent...doesn't prove it's from the actual owner.

To get my vehicle out of there, I had to show ID as the R/O.

Yep, letter will work. They want the letter to state "xyz" but I've done it before(in Red Deer).

AndyL
12-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I believe the process was you have to contact them, get a form, scan DL and proof of ownership (might mean you have to go down with a key and unlock the vehicle) - then they can c/c the charges and you can drive out... Its not quick or painless - tow-out is usually easier but obviously more expensive...