PDA

View Full Version : Fish

chathamf
12-28-2013, 07:01 PM
I'd like to add fish more regularly to our weekly meals, but find it hard to get decent fish at decent prices. Im from the east coast so Im used to getting it fresh and cheap.

Is there anywhere you guys can recommend for fresh or frozen headlock and in large amounts? Also looking for salmon and other fishes you may recommend.

flipstah
12-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Buy whatever is on sale at T&T. For me, a simple Red Snapper or Tilapia that's been salted and fried to a crisp cannot be beaten. :drool:

The_Rural_Juror
12-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Costco. Buy a bunch and vac seal it in smaller portions. Salmon and trout are pretty forgiving post freeze.

chathamf
12-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Was at Costco today and disappointed they don't have frozen headlock. Must be rare this time of year.

Redlined_8000
12-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by chathamf
Was at Costco today and disappointed they don't have frozen headlock. Must be rare this time of year.

Frozen fish from Costco is good stuff. Try out their salmon burgers. All the fish I eat is pretty much frozen... I know fresh tastes alot better but frozen is cheaper and more convenient.

Alterac
12-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by chathamf
fresh or frozen headlock and in large amounts? Also looking for salmon and other fishes you may recommend.

I've never heard of headlock fish before, I've had haddock though.

There is a fish market on McKnight and 14th that you can also try. (Along with the previously mentioned TnT Market)

flipstah
12-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000

Frozen fish from Costco is good stuff. Try out their salmon burgers. All the fish I eat is pretty much frozen... I know fresh tastes alot better but frozen is cheaper and more convenient.

:werd:

Costco Salmon and Mahi-Mahi steaks are quite affordable.

chathamf
12-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Haddock I meant to say...headlock was an auto correct lol