PDA

View Full Version : Canada Post, can someone tell me what's going on?

FunWheelDrive
12-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Can somebody tell me what is going on with my package? It was shipped out from BC on the 13th, never received it. Says it was "delivered successfully" no name or signature for the package. Called Canada Post, they said sometimes they say it was "Delivered Successfully" When it's just put on a truck because they don't have the proper equipment on a truck. Now they said they lost the package, but apparently found it a few days later.

The shipper has started a case with Canada Post but they won't investigate the package until there is no activity for five days. What the hell is going on? They won't give any information when I call them. As "I am not their customer as I did not pay for the shipping"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/KingofSpades/WTF.jpg

jacky4566
12-31-2013, 02:04 PM
The Postal Service is still one of the best deals around.
For 33 cents they'll carry your letter around for weeks and weeks.

One good thing about the Post Office -- it's over 200 years old
and yet it's never been hindered by progress.

What would you get if you merged the Postal Service with Domino's?
Pizzas delivered 5 days late!

Man I should POST this on my wall.

Sorry I've provided insufficient postage on this thread so far. I really want it to be first class.

Now im getting couriered away.

Tej.S
12-31-2013, 02:51 PM
The exact same thing happened to me with a pair of shoes I ordered. On the tracking info, it had said that they were delivered a day prior, but I received nothing. When I called Canada Post, the customer service representative told me that there was another notice for delivery for the next day for my item(even though it showed as delivered). He said that I wait 48 hours before telling the shipper to file a claim, luckily they were delivered the following day. By the way, this confusion/delay happened when the first snow storm hit.

infamous
12-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566

Sorry I've provided insufficient postage on this thread so far. I really want it to be first class.

Now im getting couriered away.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

codetrap
12-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566

Now im getting couriered away. Don't hold back, I think you should letter all out.

AndyL
12-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Are you at a supermailbox?

99% - your package is being thrown back into turn around by a contractor... over and over and over and over...

If you dig REALLY deep - you could find your local "depot" - and pay a visit (preferably around 10am) - catch a supervisor and see if they can actually find it :)

spikerS
12-31-2013, 08:37 PM
something tells me I am not getting my package today either...

J.M.
12-31-2013, 09:10 PM
Same here...

Dalking
12-31-2013, 09:18 PM
I've gotten two packages from canada post. Here is what happened both times.

Sender got tracking info states item delivered 9am friday.

I didn't get the delivery notice until monday, yet picked package up from the depot at 1pm friday afternoon.

Both packages this happened, canada post is NOT delivering packages, they are sending them straight to your local mail office, and days and days later sending the delivery receipt.

J.M.
12-31-2013, 10:22 PM
^ Did you just go to your local mail office and give them the tracking # and show ID, etc? Thinking of going to my local mail office tomorrow or Thursday and checking if my package is there or not.

Dalking
12-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by J.M.
^ Did you just go to your local mail office and give them the tracking # and show ID, etc? Thinking of going to my local mail office tomorrow or Thursday and checking if my package is there or not. I just went to the mail office that was nearest my house, and asked if there was any packages for me, I simply showed them id and then she dug it out right away. The lady said that the delivery guys have been just dumping parcels off by the truckload and lots of people have been complaining they haven't received anything when it says delivered because the lazy mailmen keep dropping them off

firebane
12-31-2013, 11:07 PM
LOL I got a missed delivery notice for a package yesterday and then today I was informed that I had a missed delivery card as I was picking up my parcel.

Canada Post is sooo delayed right now.

ZeroGravity
12-31-2013, 11:19 PM
I have a package "out for delivery" today. Have people at home all day, even has a car parked outside on the driveway.

Never got anyone knocking on the door. Went out at around 3:30 to check my mail slot on those "superbox", delivery notice in the slot, stating "available tomorrow after 13:00"...

DANG it, not opened tomorrow

J.M.
12-31-2013, 11:25 PM
lol I have 2 packages coming by way of Canada Post.. Looks like I'll be picking both of them up at the end of this week

botox
01-01-2014, 12:46 AM
I have a bunch of packages dating from Dec 3 and supposed to be here 7-9 business days and still have not arrived yet. Everything is late around this time. Someone told me that UPS has trucks parked packed with parcels sitting for days because they are just too busy and short staffed to get to them.

Melinda
01-01-2014, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by ZeroGravity
I have a package "out for delivery" today. Have people at home all day, even has a car parked outside on the driveway.

Never got anyone knocking on the door. Went out at around 3:30 to check my mail slot on those "superbox", delivery notice in the slot, stating "available tomorrow after 13:00"...

DANG it, not opened tomorrow
They're generally there within a few hours of that notice being put into your box. The 24 hours just keeps them from getting angry customers who go 5 mins later when the mail guy is still out delivering. I've always been able to go get my stuff the same day.

SKR
01-01-2014, 02:31 AM
"Delivered" means that it's delivered to your nearest post office. Not to your house.

If it's been "delivered", you can't necessarily go and pick it up. Even if they know its a community mailbox and they're not going to attempt an actual delivery, they still load it on the truck. You have to wait until the truck gets back to unload it before you can pick up your stuff. I had this discussion with the post office before. You would think that either they would know beforehand which houses they deliver to and which ones they don't and they would load the truck accordingly, or they'd say fuck, we already loaded it on the truck, why don't I just so the extra mile and take it to their doorstep instead of just leaving the notice in their mailbox. But they don't because they're dicks.

ianmcc
01-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Here's what I hear through the grapevine: drivers no longer get paid a cent for regular parcel delivery. So they either leave them at the postal outlet or drive around with them and never attempt to deliver them and return them to the depot as undelivered.
Contract work FTW!

ZeroGravity
01-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

They're generally there within a few hours of that notice being put into your box. The 24 hours just keeps them from getting angry customers who go 5 mins later when the mail guy is still out delivering. I've always been able to go get my stuff the same day.

Yeah, most of the time, that is the case. But not this time. The postal outlet looked like it was filled to the brim with packages. Even has a cart of packages out by the counter. So I do suspect that mine is already there, just not scanned into the system yet.

blairtruck
01-01-2014, 10:05 AM
in edmonton things are going great with canada post. i even got a delivery of packages on the Saturday before xmas.
I joked at the guy that he wouldn't have a job soon that's why racking in the double time on Saturday.
he looked pissed as he walked away

speedog
01-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by blairtruck
in edmonton things are going great with canada post. i even got a delivery of packages on the Saturday before xmas.
I joked at the guy that he wouldn't have a job soon that's why racking in the double time on Saturday.
he looked pissed as he walked away

Maybe he was low man on the totem pole and had no choice in working that Saturday and maybe your joke was the twentieth time he'd heard it that day.

max_boost
01-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by botox
I have a bunch of packages dating from Dec 3 and supposed to be here 7-9 business days and still have not arrived yet. Everything is late around this time. Someone told me that UPS has trucks parked packed with parcels sitting for days because they are just too busy and short staffed to get to them. ok good to know i have been waiting for my jerseys marked dec 23! Lol

codetrap
01-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by blairtruck
he looked pissed as he walked away Wow. If I'd been that guy, I'd have dropped your parcels on the ground then pissed on them. After all, I already know I wouldn't have a job soon. Trying to joke with a guy about the impending loss of his employment.... jesus... You'd be the guy wandering through the cancer ward making jokes about "Hey, at least you're not gonna have to worry about paying taxes this year!"

:nut: :eek:

Sugarphreak
01-01-2014, 11:41 AM

spikerS
01-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Good news everyone!

Canada post has invented a time machine to deliver it's shipments on time!

Unknown303
01-01-2014, 05:29 PM
You're going to feel pretty silly when you realize the package was delivered yesterday.

Sugarphreak
01-01-2014, 05:49 PM

spikerS
01-01-2014, 06:36 PM
:rofl:

Glad someone caught that ;)

Kobe
01-02-2014, 08:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MtdBKRC.jpg

Finally got my package today, a little late :D

speedog
01-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
Finally got my package today, a little late :D
Item was sent from Canada to Hungary, left Canada on November 15, 2013 and arrived late in Hungary - doesn't appear that problem was with Canada Post or at least the tracking info you supplied wouldn't indicate such.

GTS4tw
01-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by speedog

Item was sent from Canada to Hungary, left Canada on November 15, 2013 and arrived late in Hungary - doesn't appear that problem was with Canada Post or at least the tracking info you supplied wouldn't indicate such.

Look how long it took to get there though!! Did they send it by tall ship?

ZeroGravity
01-02-2014, 06:44 PM
So did your postal outlet open at the normal hours (i.e. 9 am) today? The one I go to decided (posted a note on counter) to open at 5 pm today. I arrived around 4:40 pm thinking, ok, 20 minutes until open and maybe another 20 minutes wait time for the enormous line in front of me.

So 5:20 pm I'm third in line, lady behind the counter announced, they're only doing pickups for ones that were "delivered" on Dec 30th. Mine was "supposedly delivered" Dec 31st. I left an unhappy man.

This is the first time I'm not impressed by the services I've received from Canada Post. No, make that the second time. They closed early once (for what occasion I forgot) by just leaving note on counter saying close at 5 pm when their normal hours are close at 9 pm.

johnlennon
01-05-2014, 12:03 AM
I sent a card from Calgary to BC on the 19th and it STILL hasn't reached the person yet. Also I had a card and package sent to me on the 23rd and I haven't received either.

Good thing I saved the receipts for the gift cards.. gunna have to cancel em (if they havnt been used)

Billy2K
01-05-2014, 09:42 PM
I think Canada Post is backed up in general. I ordered some battery holders from ebay (shipped in a small envelope from China on Nov 15, 2013) and I just got it yesterday. According to tracking, it was shipped to Canada from China's side on Nov 18th. So I don't know what was going on since then. Normally it take 3 weeks max for something like this, but 7+ weeks is nuts. That's what we get for trying to send stuff during busy season :bullshit:

At least Canada Post is working on Saturdays to deliver stuff.

dj_rice
01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
At least CanadaPost delivers the stuff. I've gotten stuff shipped from China faster than Purolator has delivered stuff as below

At work, I've ordered 16 tires from the Ontario supplier that they shipped out on Purolator. I ordered them Nov 28. It usually takes 3-4 days to get. 2.5 weeks into December still no sign of the tires, so I open a case with Purolator.

A week later Purolator calls me and tells me, do not worry, the tires are not lost, they just can't find them yet due to the big snowstorm Edmonton got, that FUBARed alot of their shipments from the East and theres a shitshow in the warehouse.

Another week later, they call and say HEY we found your skid of tires, now for the bad news, we can't deliver them since they are on a skid, and more than 4 tires, can you come pick them up. We say NO, you are a delivery company that was paid to deliver them so deliver them. They say they will figure something out and deliver.

Still no delivery yet of the tires. I tried trolling them by asking if I can send an actual professional delivery company DHL Loomis Express to come pick them up, they did not like that suggestion.