PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy new video card

GoChris
01-01-2014, 06:38 PM
But everywhere is sold out! I didn't realize I wanted one until after the boxing day sales of course.

Does it normally take a while before stock is back in? I see some list as backordered, ugh.

Was hoping to get a 280x, (no, not XFX), anyone know where there is stock for a good price or recently upgrade and wants to sell me one? :)

revelations
01-01-2014, 07:04 PM
If you can do with an Nvidia card, I would recommend it as the ATI cards are sold out since early Dec due to BTC and LTC mining.

sh0ko
01-01-2014, 07:32 PM
i just bought the 280x. all you need to do is phone Memexp and get them to put in a "stock reorder" for you. theyll order a bunch more in and place one on hold for you and give you a call after.

ignore the "back order" and out of stock comments on the site.

phone them and have them do that for you and youd be suprised. mine came in within a week

btw the new r9280x's are pretty damn massive. amazing cards though.. i am beyond pleased with mine (make sure to get at least the asus Direct CUii as the heat on these things can be quite excessive)

GoChris
01-01-2014, 08:26 PM
I'd prefer an ATI card, so I'll give them a call thanks.

The Asus is the one to get then eh?

Boosted131
01-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by revelations
If you can do with an Nvidia card, I would recommend it as the ATI cards are sold out since early Dec due to BTC and LTC mining.
how does this work?

DJ Lazy
01-01-2014, 10:16 PM
I have a brand new HIS Radoen 7950 3GB that is just sitting in it box.. put it in my PC for about 20mins to realize that I didn't want to run Crossfire on my m-ATX board.

If you're interested PM me a reasonably offer.