PDA

View Full Version : Kijiji Superbuck Scam

quick_scar
01-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Saw this on Reddit. Some people are such scum.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-other-Superbucks-485-for-420-W0QQAdIdZ556071929

Admits that a bunch are expired but says "no one checks the expiry date anyways".

How about they won't even scan you POS. Hopefully no one will fall for this.

Anyone know a way to add a phone number to a spam service? Guy deserves to have his phone lit up with shit for a while.

[/Rant]

403ep3
01-09-2014, 11:54 AM
The co-op ones don't expire. I use old ones all the time

n1zm0
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
just goto the Indigo or Starbucks at 5570 Signal Hill Center Southwest, tell it to his face lol

GTS4tw
01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by quick_scar
Saw this on Reddit. Some people are such scum.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-other-Superbucks-485-for-420-W0QQAdIdZ556071929

Admits that a bunch are expired but says "no one checks the expiry date anyways".

How about they won't even scan you POS. Hopefully no one will fall for this.

Anyone know a way to add a phone number to a spam service? Guy deserves to have his phone lit up with shit for a while.

[/Rant]

Where does he say they are expired?

benyl
01-09-2014, 02:03 PM
They've always taken my expired ones. It is the law. Gift cards cannot expire in Alberta. Superbucks are like a gift card.

If the register doesn't take them, bring them to customer service.

kvg
01-09-2014, 02:06 PM
^this

I wouldn't want to stand there while a clerk took an hour to scan them in, but someone in the NE will buy them and do it.

Just sayin:devil:

Disoblige
01-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Just read this:
http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/pdf/tipsheets/Gift_cards.pdf

So why do Wal-Mart gift cards or mall cards allowed to change those fees that deduct a certain amount per month when you don't use it for an X number of months?

What about those Dealfind coupons that have expiry dates? And what if that business ran out of business? Lots of those Deal websites don't refund you shit.

sillysod
01-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by benyl
They've always taken my expired ones. It is the law. Gift cards cannot expire in Alberta. Superbucks are like a gift card.

The superstore at Deerfoot Meadows has regularly refused expired superbucks I find in my truck.

I've never asked to talk to a manager or anything I am sure if you made a fuss they would give you the $2.83 credit, just not worth it.

mazdavirgin
01-09-2014, 02:18 PM

They can be if they are for a specific good/service.

cdnsir
01-09-2014, 02:26 PM
At ~$3 per tank, he would had to fill up once a week for 3 years to get that much. My first thought would be a dumpster diver, but nah.. it's in the SW. :rolleyes:

dj_rice
01-09-2014, 02:43 PM

This is true. I've had expired ones that don't scan, so you give them to the cashier and she rings them in manually. Still works. :thumbsup:

benyl
01-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Just read this:
http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/pdf/tipsheets/Gift_cards.pdf

So why do Wal-Mart gift cards or mall cards allowed to change those fees that deduct a certain amount per month when you don't use it for an X number of months?

What about those Dealfind coupons that have expiry dates? And what if that business ran out of business? Lots of those Deal websites don't refund you shit.

The "deal" can expire, but the amount you paid cannot.

So if you get a $50 Sushi dealfind for $25 and it expires, you can still redeem it for $25 after the expiry date. It's happened to me a few times.

As for going out of business... I have asked dealfind for my money back and have gotten it.

benyl
01-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sillysod

The superstore at Deerfoot Meadows has regularly refused expired superbucks I find in my truck.

I've never asked to talk to a manager or anything I am sure if you made a fuss they would give you the $2.83 credit, just not worth it.

I have PC mastercard and get 7 cents a litre back. With the 150 litre tank, that gets me $8-9 back. That buys a few things.

Disoblige
01-11-2014, 05:52 PM

As for going out of business... I have asked dealfind for my money back and have gotten it.
benyl, it's the complete opposite for me.

When I asked Dealfind for a refund, they gave me some BS response that since it's been past a certain amount of time (240 days or something), that the coupon cannot be refunded or credited the amount you paid whatsoever. I asked several times. Dealfind is the worst man, even worse than the lying scummy Dealathons that promised me 3 free deals after a horrible experience at The Wax Shop. Dealfind and Dealathons, stay far away. It's funny how these deal sites were so popular when they came out, and now it's all so shitty, so fast.

So now I have a couple sushi deals from Dealfind where the business went out of business (Yamato) and I haven't used them yet.

On Dealfind's website (and Dealfind affiliates):

What happens if a business closes down?

You will be given credits towards Dealfind.com for your unused ticket(s) so long as they have not expired and the offer was purchased within 240 days of the date you contact Dealfind.com support. Simply get in touch with us via email or phone ([email protected] / 1-855-832-6289)

Not even sure if this policy was there when Dealfind was first created. Either way, pretty lame of the company. Not sure if it's even legal or not.

bignerd
01-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Superstore Coventry Hills has also refused expired super bucks.

Kobe
01-11-2014, 08:48 PM
When i worked at superstore (Like 7-8years ago) I always took expired ones, had seem some that expired like 1 -2 years ago before. It depended on the cashier I guess, but I'd think like 95% of them would take them..

It's not like they ever told us we can't take expired superbucks..