PDA

View Full Version : Hit & Run - Country Hills

codetrap
01-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Gents,

I just talked to a good friend of mine who just had his dodge Journey take a hit and run on the driver side rear quarter. The offending vehicle is a darker blue newer Scion TC that's souped up. It'll have some pretty good damage to the front corner on the passenger side. If you see it, please take a pic of the damage, plate and send it to me and I'll forward it to my friend.

The collision happened HERE (http://goo.gl/maps/H7h5t) ... within the last couple of hours.

Update: Its actually a blue Toyota Scion TC.

SportEL
01-12-2014, 11:15 AM
I saw that car driving on Coventry Hills Way wondering why part of the car was dragging along the ground. I guess that's the offending car. I thought the person was just oblivious to his car's own damage. Sorry, I saw your post just now, and this was about 45 some minutes ago.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-12-2014, 11:15 AM
I always see people going way too fast there, especially during the day when it's a playground zone! I'll keep and eye out around the community. My buddy's car was hit in front of my place on Covecreek Circle last Saturday night too, luckily my neighbor saw him and got the plate.

codetrap
01-12-2014, 11:23 AM
sportEL, which direction was it going, and can you provide a better description? I'd like to find this thing and nail them.

bourge73
01-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Iam through there daily and live in Coventry
Will keep a good eye out.

Kijho
01-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Also around Coventry daily, will keep an eye out! Hope we find this guy.. :whipped:

SportEL
01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
sportEL, which direction was it going, and can you provide a better description? I'd like to find this thing and nail them.

It was going South. I have no better description. I didn't pay attention to the type of car. I only remember the color was blue, and saw a side profile of the car driving by, and then from behind, and then I turned North the other way.

codetrap
01-12-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm trying to narrow down the area that it might live in. So if it was going south, then it's likely that it lives in that area just south of where the accident took place, otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense to take that particular exit.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
I saw your buddy's car, guy must have hit pretty hard to fuck the suspension on the LR that bad, it has like 15 degrees of negative camber now!

codetrap
01-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Twin_Cam, yeah.. no skid marks at all. I guess he just slammed into it. SportEL, did you catch whether it was a sedan or hatch?

HiSpec
01-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Seen so many idiots trying to 'drift' coming in and out of that circle...

I'm in that area at least twice a month, I'll keep an eye out for it.

codetrap
01-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Ok, update. Apparently it's a dark Toyota Scion TC. My buddy picked up some parts that were left behind and googled them. So, please keep your eyes posted.

MGCM
01-12-2014, 10:28 PM
myself and friends will keep our eyes open, i suggest telling your friend to goto country hills scion parts dept and bodyshop(if they have one) and tell them what has happened and if they have any similar scion tc in dark blue and damaged come in lookin for parts or repairs to immediately report it to the police.

codetrap
01-12-2014, 11:12 PM
MGCM, I did that exactly.

JustinMCS
01-13-2014, 12:58 AM
Hate to be the one to say this, but there is no parking within 5 meters of a yield sign. He shouldn't be parked there. :dunno:

Don't agree with hit and runs though and hopefully he can get resolution.

Star1995
01-13-2014, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
Hate to be the one to say this, but there is no parking within 5 meters of a yield sign. He shouldn't be parked there. :dunno:

Don't agree with hit and runs though and hopefully he can get resolution.

Yup, no parking within 5m of the sign, I wonder how insurance will play out on this since he's parked illegally. If in fact he is parked as in the photo on Google maps.

Tik-Tok
01-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Star1995

Yup, no parking within 5m of the sign, I wonder how insurance will play out on this since he's parked illegally.

Matters not.

Masked Bandit
01-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Star1995

Yup, no parking within 5m of the sign, I wonder how insurance will play out on this since he's parked illegally. If in fact he is parked as in the photo on Google maps.

It doesn't matter. Hitting a parked car still makes you at fault even if the other vehicle is parked illegally.

codetrap
01-13-2014, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by JustinMCS

Don't agree with hit and runs though and hopefully he can get resolution. It was in that rough location, but I believe he was back from the yield sign as the offending vehicle went over the concrete meridian.

Still... irrelevant... please don't derail this thread...