PDA

View Full Version : What To Look For In An Agent

sexualbanana
01-13-2014, 11:12 AM
What should I look for in an agent? I'm considering both new and resale, and from what my friends tell me, an agent might not be necessary if I decide to go the new route. By the way, I'm looking at downtown condos.

ercchry
01-13-2014, 11:39 AM
no one beats Jordan for downtown condos... guy seems to know everything about every building

BigShow
01-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
no one beats Jordan for downtown condos... guy seems to know everything about every building

Jordan is not the only agent out there, just saying.

Sugarphreak
01-13-2014, 12:57 PM

ercchry
01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BigShow

Jordan is not the only agent out there, just saying.

you could do a lot worse though. i honestly dont know anyone in any industry that has the same work ethic as he does. spending $200k or $5mm, all his clients get the same respect and can call him at 6am or 11pm

max_boost
01-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Someone who is experienced but still has the hunger to deliver. Jordan comes across as that. Might as well throw Simon Hunt into the mix too The dude eats at my place regularly and is always on the phone making deals haha :thumbsup:

roopi
01-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Don't use an agent if you are buying new, you don't want to complicate a simple process and make it more expensive.

For someone who has never built/bought before it isn't always a simple process and can be overwhelming (for some).

If the builder is offering no discounts you might as well take a realtor in with you for the free advice.

skandalouz_08
01-13-2014, 02:36 PM
I'd say sit down with a couple realtor's over coffee and interview them. See what they know about the market you're buying in, what price they think they can get you based on what you're looking for and choose the one who you think will do the most for you and that you are comfortable with. Worst thing is to just go with someone's recommendation and find out you the person doesn't have your best interests in mind.