PDA

View Full Version : Need a new Battery?

Supa Dexta
01-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to give a heads up to people who may be shopping for a new battery. I was searching for a new ATV battery & locally they wanted 140 (I was choked when they list them as $70 in the USA!) anyways amazon lead me to Sask battery in canada.

They have what I need for 79 and they offer free shipping in canada. I also took the time to email them a question and it was less than 2 minutes and I had a reply. I like that kind of service so far, and I'm looking fwd to trying them out.

I won't link directly to them or anything, but a simple search of Sask battery dot com will lead you there. And I think its worth spreading the word when a deal comes along. (provided all goes well with my order) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also worth noting is amazon.ca did not come up in my google search for this battery - but amazon.com did... so I searched .ca specifically and that started the trail... From there I see the actual seller sells it $10 cheaper and offers free shipping when amazon had $24 listed as shipping. So an extra 5 mins searching was well worth all this savings - and worth creating this thread over. Enjoy

BerserkerCatSplat
01-13-2014, 04:27 PM
That sounds good, but do you know how they deal with warranties? I'd hate to pay to ship a battery to Saskatchewan if it goes bad.

Supa Dexta
01-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I do not.

But funny semi related story - I bought a walmart everstart for my truck in Dec 2011 (so just past the 2 yr mark now) - I wanted an energizer, but they dont really carry many of them anymore and I was in some small town at the time I needed to replace it, so ever start it was - which actually has some decent reviews online..

I measured my battery space and placed the largest battery in there I could fit as I work in the remote north a lot and wanted all the juice I could fit.

Anyways last summer I forgot my cell charger plugged in one night (with one dumb little LED) and the next day my battery is dead! I can't find the receipt anywhere so Im SOL with walmart depite the sticker on it saying 12/11 - And this was mid summer it was dying - when the battery was ~1.5yr old and in warm temps.

So me being the stubborn ass I am - I chose to run this battery as long as I could to get my moneys worth out of it. I have a battery tender installed under the hood now anyways, and my truck is plugged in at work all the time, so I've made it all winter on this junk battery despite it never getting above 11.8v :rofl:

ExtraSlow
01-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Small cars are even better for junk batteries. you can turn over a little 4 cyl engine with very few CCA, and 11 volts is fine. Ran a hyundai for two years on a battery that NAPA said was toast.

batool100
01-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Try charging the battery and doing a load test on it--auto zone can do it for you--load test will tell the story if u need a battery or not

Supa Dexta
01-21-2014, 11:20 PM
What battery, toolbag?