PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive and good eye doctor?

ibuddler
01-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Can someone recommend me an inexpensive (below $100?) and good eye doctor?

Preferable in SW (aspen) area or SE (quarry park) area.

Thanks.

colinxx235
01-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Define inexpensive?

I've been using Dr. Prete in avenida optometry for over a decade and he is great. Also a car guy which is a plus. He also works downtown in the scotiabank building on alternate days if you are a downtown worker.

Otherwise my siblings have using the guy in McKenzie towne (sorry can't remember name) for a while and like him also.

Mibz
01-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Define SW and SE? I go to Dr. Kloepfer in the Health Plus building, whatever that place is called. He's a nice guy.

That said, I think as long as you go to a proper practice and not LenCrafters or something it's just about going to whoever happens to be closest to you. It's how I pick my dentist, grocery store and gas station as well :P

Tik-Tok
01-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
Define SW and SE?

What's to define? The SE and SW are such small area's.

ibuddler
01-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Define SW and SE? I go to Dr. Kloepfer in the Health Plus building, whatever that place is called. He's a nice guy.

That said, I think as long as you go to a proper practice and not LenCrafters or something it's just about going to whoever happens to be closest to you. It's how I pick my dentist, grocery store and gas station as well :P

Well, I live in Aspen and work in QuarryPark. Anywhere between these places will be OK for me since I know most of them won't work on weekends.

ibuddler
01-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
Define inexpensive?

I've been using Dr. Prete in avenida optometry for over a decade and he is great. Also a car guy which is a plus. He also works downtown in the scotiabank building on alternate days if you are a downtown worker.

Otherwise my siblings have using the guy in McKenzie towne (sorry can't remember name) for a while and like him also.

Maybe under $80 for the eye exam? IDK. I paid $100 last time and it wasn't good.

bignerd
01-15-2014, 09:42 PM
I actually had an okay eye exam from one of the Dr's at superstore?? Can't recall how much it was, don' t think it was over $100. But was in the NE.

Best Dr I ever had before that was an opthamalogist-if you get referred for an eye problem and they do check ups they are covered by AHC.

killramos
01-15-2014, 09:47 PM
I use city focus downtown and they are good. Modern equipment and de bridges is great. I recent had some surgery through the
Mitchell eye center and they were also quite good (sw). Surgery was all covered though so can't comment on prices.

HiSpec
01-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Dr. Mazur at Market Mall Eye Care in the Professional Building.

Make sure you are getting an eye exam and not a sight test. Huge difference.

NoMoreG35
01-15-2014, 10:48 PM
But seriously, what's inexpensive? U live in Aspen so maybe ur standard is pretty high :dunno:
And weekend.. :nut:
Costco or Superstore?

BigDannyCool
01-15-2014, 11:07 PM
no benefits?

Phlav
01-15-2014, 11:15 PM
I can tell you who to avoid. Dr Lloyd MacDonald at suthcentre optometry. Totally misdiagnosed me and strung me along.

ibuddler
01-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35
But seriously, what's inexpensive? U live in Aspen so maybe ur standard is pretty high :dunno:
And weekend.. :nut:
Costco or Superstore?

I don't know the average price for an eye exam but last time I paid $100 and I felt dizzy when I put on my new glasses.

No offense but I don't trust an eye exam in costco and superstore.

I've only got $300lish to spend towards my eye exam and glasses. My vision is actually not bad. 2.0 and 1.2. But my eyes are very dry. I don't know why so I want to see an eye doctor.

Thanks for your inputs everyone but these are either in downtown or too far away from my office or home.

mr2mike
01-16-2014, 12:09 PM
I used Banker's Vision.
Owned by an Olympic Ski racer and might as well support him as we all know Canadian athletes don't exactly clear the poverty line when it comes to income.

http://bankersvision.com
Banker's Hall - Downtown
$120 tax in on my eye exam and it's covered by benefits anyway.
Optometrist was professional and good at taking the time to answer and properly explain everything.