PDA

View Full Version : Calgaryian Fighting alongside al-Qaeda-linked rebels killed in Syria

osspasha
01-15-2014, 12:13 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-fighting-alongside-al-qaeda-linked-rebels-killed-in-syria-1.2497513?cmp=fbtl

Damian Clairmont, 22, was from Calgary.

He left for Syria in November 2012 and fought with a group called Jabhat al-Nusra, an al-Qaeda linked group now deemed by Ottawa to be a terrorist organization.

His family told CBC that CSIS had been watching him, but was unable to stop him from leaving the country.

CBC has also learned from sources in Syria and Canada that he was injured in a battle near Aleppo and was eventually believed to be killed by Free Syrian Army forces.

His family has asked for privacy.

FixedGear
01-15-2014, 01:32 PM
what an idiot.

Darell_n
01-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by FixedGear
what an idiot.

Enough said, everybody will agree. Thread closed.

Arash Boodagh
01-15-2014, 02:13 PM
Russia flexed its muscle on the proxy war of Syria... now these funded rebels (mercenaries) are a liability so thats why you see infighting between these " different fractions" who are against Assad.
Something like 700 have died because of the rebel infighting.

gretz
01-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Edit, arash for pres

NuclearPizzaMan
01-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Russia flexed its muscle on the proxy war of Syria... now these funded rebels (mercenaries) are a liability so thats why you see infighting between these " different fractions" who are against Assad.
Something like 700 have died because of the rebel infighting.
lol

BrknFngrs
01-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Arash Boodagh

Based on your intel; is the fighting mainly between the numerators and the denominators in the area?

Arash Boodagh
01-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Factions, fractions... you know what I mean :P

News video clip - Over 1000 dead in Syria militant infighting
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/01/15/345716/1kplus-killed-in-syria-rebel-infighting/

Hallowed_point
01-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Based on your intel; is the fighting mainly between the numerators and the denominators in the area?

HAHA :rofl:

rx7_turbo2
01-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs

Gold pure gold!

I'm thinking of taking Arash off my ignore list. He went from being funny to being a fucking moron now he's come full circle and is kind of funny again, I mean provided you don't put a shred of legitimacy in anything he says.

revelations
01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
In all seriousness, this story is about as vague as they come. Typical mass media.