PDA

View Full Version : Ways To Make Money From Home In The Evening

Env-Consultant
01-16-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm wondering if anybody knows of any legitimate ways of making money from home in the evenings? I have been doing oilfield work for ~5 years and recently made the move to an office position. With that said, the money is still really decent, but not as crazy as it was before; however, I find myself with a lot of free time in the evenings. Previously, I was working on the road a lot and I'm still adjusting to the 9-5 lifestyle.

I'm planning on starting my MBA at Haskayne in September, getting engaged next month, married next year, and having kids in the next 2-3 years. With that said, an extra income stream would be nice. It's not that I absolutely need the extra income, but if I can make extra money from home in the evenings, I don't see the point of passing up on it.

I've looked into a few different opportunities, but the majority of them appear to be scams that involve transcription/data entry.

I type about 70 wpm, scored in the 90-something percentile on my GMAT, have fairly decent knowledge of computers/networking, and I'm pretty open to learning new things. I've thought about starting a side resume/cover letter review/writing business, but I wasn't sure if that would be viable.

Any thoughts/suggestions/information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tik-Tok
01-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Wife and I started our own webcam site. Brings in an extra $1g a month (post taxes), just for having some fun with each other.

Canucks3322
01-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Start a website like beyond but for oil and thangs.

CapnCrunch
01-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Wife and I started our own webcam site. Brings in an extra $1g a month (post taxes), just for having some fun with each other.

:rofl:

ArjayAquino
01-16-2014, 11:15 AM

What's the link? You know... for science.

Euro_Trash
01-16-2014, 11:17 AM
With that much stuff looming on the horizon, learn to enjoy the extra time on your hands. I am taking my MBA during evenings now and enjoy every spare second I have.

Env-Consultant
01-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Start a website like beyond but for oil and thangs.

I tried that - albertaoilfieldforum.com - didn't really take off. To be fair, I didn't put a lot of post-design effort in either.

Euro, I hear what you're saying, but I love being busy. There is only so much woodworking I can do in my garage before it's time to make some coin.

GQBalla
01-16-2014, 12:03 PM
maybe make custom wood projects for people?

Dumbass17
01-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant
....getting engaged next month...

what if she says no?

btimbit
01-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

what if she says no?

He'll have even more free time

JRSC00LUDE
01-16-2014, 01:26 PM

I am fully certain this is not a joke.

ryuen
01-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Have you tried oDesk?

wishicouldwrench
01-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Flip things on eBay.

Know anything about computer hardware? fairly easy to make money flipping CPUs if you know what to look for.

CapnCrunch
01-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
maybe make custom wood projects for people?

Make wood dildos. Sell them to tik-tok.

supe
01-16-2014, 01:55 PM

Yes lets talk more about this. Where do you sign up for this? Do you get paid on a regular biweekly basis? Are there any minimum requirements?

Tik-Tok
01-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I am fully certain this is not a joke.

:rofl: None of our RL friends thought it was a joke either.

Although one of her friends & husband actually do have their own website. I'm glad they had already moved away by the time I found out, because after seeing the things they're into, I don't think I could look them straight in the eye again. There's kinky, then there's "OMFG WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" kinky.

Dumbass17
01-16-2014, 02:19 PM

Although one of her friends & husband actually do have their own website. I'm glad they had already moved away by the time I found out, because after seeing the things they're into, I don't think I could look them straight in the eye again. There's kinky, then there's "OMFG WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" kinky.

got any contact details? :whipped:

as stated..for science

AsianAfroSamurai
01-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Why not get into the software development side of things?

Train up on web development or SharePoint development or SharePoint Administrator and you could do these remotely.

It would be hard to find a gig at first but there is a lot of remote work that gets done in this area.

Money wise you could easily being doing 2k-3k working remotely and evening hours.

Env-Consultant
01-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

what if she says no?

I'm not one of those tards that thinks it's a good time to get engaged and ends up having no clue of what the situation is actually like. We talked about it a long time ago, went ring shopping, I talked to her parents, and set up one helluva day for her, her friends, and family, at the end of which I'll ask her to marry me.

If she says no, I'd likely go on a bender like never before, end up in Vegas at a high-limit craps table, probably with some cocaine in there somewhere, manage to half my bank account, and end up without a job. Needless to say, I'd be pretty choked.

Env-Consultant
01-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by AsianAfroSamurai
Why not get into the software development side of things?

Train up on web development or SharePoint development or SharePoint Administrator and you could do these remotely.

It would be hard to find a gig at first but there is a lot of remote work that gets done in this area.

Money wise you could easily being doing 2k-3k working remotely and evening hours.

I'm really well versed in Peloton's SiteView program - I can do the back end programming changes/edit UDLs, create detailed multisite reports, etc. Limited knowledge of Wellview, but like I said, SiteView I know really well. Working on some projects with some big O&G companies - but that's part of my consulting gig.

I understand I asked for possibilities and I appreciate your response; however, with school coming up, I'm trying to limit my training/classroom time and get into something I already know. I'm our informal IT guy at our office - I find computer solutions very basic and the majority of them can be solved with Google - most of the time when I "fix" people's computers in our office, I have no idea why I'm doing what I'm doing, but forums/walkthroughs tell me to do it, and 99.9% of the time, it works.

max_boost
01-16-2014, 02:25 PM

I'm planning on starting my MBA at Haskayne

You gonna be so baller when you are done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

C_Dave45
01-16-2014, 02:27 PM

Don't laugh...there's good money in that. Look at Sanda Otterson (Wifeysworld.com) they started out as a joke and are now worth millions!!

Way back in '95 there was a site that allowed amateurs to do this. The site had everything all set up. You just registered, then used your own cam. You could set your own rate, how much per minute, even what countries could "view" you. Then, just play away, and the company would send you 50% of the income.
We thought it was a scam so we tried it. :eek: Yes, true story. Decided on $2.99 a minute and only broadcast to Europe. After only one night (and a couple of blowjobs later) we got a cheque in the mail for over $100 US. It was a fun experiment. I can only imagine the money the website was pulling in for themselves, they had thousands of registered users. Can't even remember the name of it. Maybe they still have them around...but there was definitely easy money to be had!!! :rofl:

SkiBum5.0
01-16-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm going to offer a more PG option - what about retail? I know stores like Golf Town look for more mature people for a couple shifts a week. Get a great discount and you can make $15-20 an hour

brucebanner
01-16-2014, 02:44 PM

I have nothing to add other than I found this rather satisfying.

:D :rofl:

Env-Consultant
01-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

You gonna be so baller when you are done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Haha I didn't mean that like:

1) Put nose in air as high as possible,
2) Put chin in air as high as possible,
3) Think about purchasing an Audi, home in Bearspaw, and condo downtown - you know, just for those nights when I don't want to drive home to my mansion,
4) Then, and only then, say "I'm starting my MBA at Haskayne".

I grew up in a hamlet with <100 people in it, I don't believe in that shit. Based on Haskayne's numbers, I'm ballin' more than their recent grads - I'm thinking 10-15 years down the road it might be a different story; that is, if I stay at my current job instead of going back to school.

The extra cash is for a rainy, rainy day. Eventually, it'll happen. I'd be okay for a rainy day right now, but I know once the kids come and the two of us are no longer DINKs, even $100,000+ from one income isn't easy, depending on how you live.

jwslam
01-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Sing on youtube. If Rebecca Black can do it, I'm sure you can do worse.

A790
01-16-2014, 03:40 PM
PM me, let's chat. I make about 30k online on evenings/weekends. Nothing fantastic, but it pays for my car habit/trips/etc.

:)

Env-Consultant
01-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by A790
PM me, let's chat. I make about 30k online on evenings/weekends. Nothing fantastic, but it pays for my car habit/trips/etc.

That's more than fantastic. I'll fire you a message.

n1zm0
01-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by jwslam
Sing on youtube. If Rebecca Black can do it, I'm sure you can do worse.

On a related note I did some gaming videos a couple years back, monetized them, got about $3 worth of views then I stopped, they only pay you out after $100 iirc, an old coworker of mine continued on, maybe makes about ~$150/month.

The top 20 or so uploaders on youtube are all multi millionaires, :bullshit:

codetrap
01-16-2014, 04:02 PM
PM me, let's chat. I make about 30k online on evenings/weekends. Nothing fantastic, but it pays for my car habit/trips/etc. :) Need some help? I can run a carpet cleaner. :P

mrsingh
01-16-2014, 04:46 PM

It never is enough lol, I am going to PM you too, hope you don't mind.

A790
01-16-2014, 05:21 PM
lol so that was a few PM's... heh.

Disoblige
01-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Anyone on here get a decent deal on importing snack foods from overseas? Like popular Asian snacks or anything like that?

Looking to order in wholesale quantities.

Asian_defender
01-16-2014, 05:48 PM
lol so that was a few PM's... heh.

Why don't you post it so your not flooded with PM's :D

haggis88
01-16-2014, 07:32 PM
pyramid schemes :thumbsup:

bleu
01-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Tutoring is a good way to make extra cash. You can usually get $60+/hour, depending on skill set.

Hakkola
01-16-2014, 08:10 PM
I'll ask her to marry me.

If she says no...

I don't get why people don't discuss marriage at all before an official proposal, setting up a day like that and having her say no sounds like a terrible experience for all involved.

Seems like discussing marriage first is more and more common these days, and a hell of a lot smarter.

Tej.S
01-16-2014, 08:20 PM

Wait, I'm actually confused, is this legit LOL. Can I get in on this?!

schurchill39
01-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Find the male equivalent to myfreecams.com

You're going to be masturbating anyways, you might as well get paid for it.

raceman6135
01-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Maybe they still have them around... :rofl:

For science:

http://xhamster.com/webcam_models_wanted.php

:thumbsup:

Env-Consultant
01-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I don't get why people don't discuss marriage at all before an official proposal, setting up a day like that and having her say no sounds like a terrible experience for all involved.

Seems like discussing marriage first is more and more common these days, and a hell of a lot smarter.

???

Go re-read my posts and try to wrap your head around them. Pretty basic. I clearly said we discussed it and went ring shopping - then you go and pull a snippet out in which I was clearly saying there is no chance of her saying no (I.e. cocaine, Vegas, qutting my job comments) and try to make it look like I'm an idiot who didn't do things right - in fact, I even posted a reply in this thread stating that I'm not, in fact, one of those idiots who asks a gal to marry him with no situational awareness...

When I read your post I literally had one of those "are there actually people like this out there?" moments. That is, unless I'm misunderstanding the intent of your post. I love people who have trouble getting/ understanding simple things though, it makes it so much easier for the average guy to get wealthy and look like a genius. So in a roundabout way.... thanks :thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
01-16-2014, 09:40 PM

nzwasp
01-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
Find the male equivalent to myfreecams.com

You're going to be masturbating anyways, you might as well get paid for it.

chaturbate

nzwasp
01-17-2014, 03:24 PM
write erotica ebooks and sell them online.

A790
01-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Asian_defender

Why don't you post it so your not flooded with PM's :D
LOL what's in it for me? :)

CompletelyNumb
01-17-2014, 05:00 PM
10%?

:bigpimp:

A790
01-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
10%?

:bigpimp:
I'd take that actually.

Always looking for ways to leverage my time lol

CompletelyNumb
01-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Tell me about it. MWD Operator. I have a solid 6 hours a day of free time (edit: during my work day, not counting my time off), often more. Starting two other companies currently, and even then, find myself with extra time every day.

revelations
01-17-2014, 06:49 PM
OP if you want to make money on YT it will take time before it becomes profitable. Find something you are knowledgeable and passionate about and it can be very rewarding.

M.alex
01-17-2014, 08:36 PM
I'm borrrrrrrrrrred. Does anybody want to hire me? :)

Sugarphreak
01-17-2014, 08:42 PM

A790
01-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
You should really talk to Andrew Yip

I would not want to compare bank accounts with that guy!
Blastf from the past... lol!

Sugarphreak
01-17-2014, 09:31 PM

max_boost
01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
haha something about being your own boss, driving a Porsche, having your own house....oh wait, I guess that pitch won't work on me. :D lol :rofl:

AndyL
01-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Grow pot...

What's the worst that could happen? Go to jail, meet bubba, house gets condemned, or preferably burned to the ground :)

Or you could deliver pizzas... Become beyond's personal gypsy cab :)

revelations
01-17-2014, 11:13 PM

Yiiiiip... yip yip yip yip

http://t.fod4.com/t/fec78e6d28/c480x270_27.jpg

:rofl: it even funnier when you know the guy ....yiptech

Asian_defender
01-18-2014, 12:20 AM

I'd take that actually.

Always looking for ways to leverage my time lol

We can work something out, ill add to your watch collection ,could use the extra money
PM me

Kobe
01-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Start playing poker online.. Easy money $$$$

- This is a joke before you actually start playing....

Graham_A_M
01-19-2014, 11:26 AM
You should really talk to Andrew Yip

I would not want to compare bank accounts with that guy!

Wow you guys have impressive memories. That thread is OG status almost lol. No I think you would want to compare bank accounts with him. A co worker suggested I check out the "financial services business" he's involved in, being WFG, or World Financial Group. I knew I wouldn't get involved no matter what, I knew these MLM's for what they really were. But while at the meeting, I spot Good ole' Andrew Yip/Yiptech in the crowd. :rofl: :rofl:
He avoided me like the plague, I think he knew with out a keyboard to hide behind, the shit he said on here was about to be handled in a very different way.

What was he driving to the meeting? A shitbeat '93 Grand Am, good to see MLM's are such a remarkable source of income. :rofl: :rofl:
What a goof.

n1zm0
01-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Ha I had to read that entire thread again. The amount of accounts he made to defend his name is :rofl:

Looks like he's still pocketing extra money for ice time.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2419773

iceman hockey or something (https://mobile.twitter.com/IcemanHockey)

Sugarphreak
01-19-2014, 12:19 PM

Graham_A_M
01-19-2014, 12:22 PM
^ Yeah thats him. :rofl: :rofl: I cant believe he kept his same phone number. (403) 827-9797. Same after all these years.

Good to know. :)

That whole Quixtar/Amway thread was quite comical, its just so obvious its always him, trying everything to defend him/his name and his ethics... I had a good time slaughtering him throughout. :rofl:

M.alex
01-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
haha something about being your own boss, driving a Porsche, having your own house....oh wait, I guess that pitch won't work on me. :D lol :rofl:

Next you could try not being subservient to the bank via your HELOC :rofl:

Disoblige
01-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Just a couple weeks ago, a co-worker was so nice to me for some reason. Invited me over for dinner, showed me around town, just generally a really good guy. A week later he started asking me things like if I was interested in making money on the side, and it just seemed kinda unusual. He phoned me and asked me to take a look at this video and tell him if I was interested. Turned out it was about joining his MLM selling Amway branded energy drinks, protein powder, etc.

I don't know why these people aren't more straightforward about this. Are they worried about the negative stigma or something? They keep talking about the success of it and how they're going to retire when they're 35, yet they are so secretive about it when it comes down to the actual business. That part bugs me so much.

Anyways, after that we stopped talking to each other :rofl:

J-D
01-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
Grow pot...

What's the worst that could happen? Go to jail, meet bubba, house gets condemned, or preferably burned to the ground :)

Or you could deliver pizzas... Become beyond's personal gypsy cab :)

I think gypsy cab would be the most ideal. Money would inevitably be under the table, work whenever you want... and little stress.

The problems being liability (void insurance) should anything happen, having no recourse if someone doesn't want to pay you the fare, etc.

bourge73
01-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Drive around strippers and escorts. Get to meet
New interesting people probably get a few
Road hummers. Win. Your not married yet
So I'm sure she will be fine with it

max_boost
01-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

Next you could try not being subservient to the bank via your HELOC :rofl: working on it haha getting close lol

Adrenaline101
01-25-2014, 05:51 PM
So I have to ask, any update on this? Have you found something that's doable/ reasonable? Or should I just add to the many PM's that Cam has had? haha
I am starting to think I should try and make some extra $$ during our slow months at work to pay for my hobbies upkeep at least. Sadly lacking in programming skills etc so not sure what is really out there besides perhaps getting side mechanical jobs ( but my rentals garage is gimped and short so makes that a pain).

GorG
01-25-2014, 06:05 PM
You could try selling your skills on a website like elance.com. I know a couple of guys who made some descent extra cash by outsourcing their skills.

turbotrip
01-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

Next you could try not being subservient to the bank via your HELOC :rofl:

:eek: shots fired!

Adrenaline101
01-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by GorG
You could try selling your skills on a website like elance.com. I know a couple of guys who made some descent extra cash by outsourcing their skills.

I wish! I got it in my head to look over a bunch of stuff since I made my first post and it seems that since my skill set and knowledge base is mechanically based and I am more suited to the engine bay of a car or dozer that most of these home based ideas don't do much for me. :banghead:

New plan, buy non V8 and deliver pizzas?

A790
01-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Holy shit guys, stop messaging me asking for me to help you make money online. Making money online can be difficult and requires work. You're basically setting up and running your own business.

I've messaged some people back saying we can arrange a day/time next week (I'll be getting in touch with a few people tomorrow), but if you aren't willing to bust your ass to create a side income then don't waste your time messaging me or anyone else.

</facedesk>

AndyL
01-25-2014, 08:19 PM
Next week on beyond.ca business- A790's MLM system... Called Questar - Endorsed by Andrew Yip himself :)

A790 - Think of the downstream man... Think of the downstream! LMFAO

A790
01-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
Next week on beyond.ca business- A790's MLM system... Called Questar - Endorsed by Andrew Yip himself :)

A790 - Think of the downstream man... Think of the downstream! LMFAO
Compare me to Andrew Yip again and watch how quickly a certain website just disappears.... ;)

AndyL
01-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Would I ever compare you to Yip?

No - I said Endorsed by Andrew Yip (y'know as a beyond OG joke... FFS)

Sensitive forest creatures :)

Adrenaline101
01-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Holy shit guys, stop messaging me asking for me to help you make money online. Making money online can be difficult and requires work. You're basically setting up and running your own business.

I've messaged some people back saying we can arrange a day/time next week (I'll be getting in touch with a few people tomorrow), but if you aren't willing to bust your ass to create a side income then don't waste your time messaging me or anyone else.

&lt;/facedesk&gt;

Haha sorry dude. My fault for bumping this thread again.

A790
01-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Adrenaline101

Haha sorry dude. My fault for bumping this thread again.
lol I actually don't mind helping people get started, but it's pretty sad how many think they can make money online for doing nothing.

Vagabond142
01-26-2014, 11:21 AM

lol I actually don't mind helping people get started, but it's pretty sad how many think they can make money online for doing nothing.

(shockgaspHORROR) You mean there's actual... WORK... involved?! (watches half of Beyond faint dead away)

:nut:

A790
01-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

(shockgaspHORROR) You mean there's actual... WORK... involved?! (watches half of Beyond faint dead away)

lolol

J-D
01-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

I think most of the people are willing to work... They just realize that they have to work twice as hard to make a lot less than they do from their primary income. It's not for the faint of heart.

A790
01-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by J-D

I think most of the people are willing to work... They just realize that they have to work twice as hard to make a lot less than they do from their primary income. It's not for the faint of heart.
That hasn't been my experience at all. I work 8-10 hours per week to maintain one of my income streams (about $1,300/mo). That's working at $32.50/hour basically which isn't bad for a "part time" income.

The other is another 5-7 hours per week and it generates $1,100/mo (on average, about $39/hr).

I think what people realize is that there is an element of personal risk associated with most forms of online income: the risk that your site own't generate profit, or that you won't be able to build a site, or that traffic you just bought won't convert, etc.

J-D
01-26-2014, 03:08 PM

That hasn't been my experience at all. I work 8-10 hours per week to maintain one of my income streams (about $1,300/mo). That's working at $32.50/hour basically which isn't bad for a &quot;part time&quot; income.

The other is another 5-7 hours per week and it generates $1,100/mo (on average, about $39/hr).

I think what people realize is that there is an element of personal risk associated with most forms of online income: the risk that your site own't generate profit, or that you won't be able to build a site, or that traffic you just bought won't convert, etc.

I think that's the exception rather than the norm, though. Good on you for being able to pull it off! Wish I was as enterprising. :D

CompletelyNumb
01-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by J-D

"Make money online!" == :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

"...but it takes some hard work to make it happen" == :eek: :nut: :burnout:

I made a good living off of it years and years ago. Everyone that knew, asked me how and wanted in. I told everyone the truth of what I did and how I did it. None of them tried.

Too many ads saying "Make $$$$ per month filling out surveys online!" I guess :rofl: