PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN: White 2008 GSXR 600 (AWJ06)

B69
01-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Posting for my friend who has recently had his bike stolen.

***STOLEN*** - Overnight my White 2008 GSXR 600 was stolen from an underground parkade, it has very clear identifying features including blue brake/clutch levers, blue brake lines, a short megaphone exhaust pipe and a "Hell or High Water" sticker over the entire windscreen. This bike is very LOUD and has an extremely bright HID headlight (with OEM yellow hi beams, the low beam is blueish/blinding). The license plate is AWJ06, it has almost exactly 30,000 kms on it and it was taken from the Southland/Macleod intersection/area. VIN# JS1GN7EA482102437

If you see this, whole or in part please phone 911. If could could share this post it would help me a ton, thank you in advance, you help more than you know just by talking about this.

A reminder never to buy a motorcycle with what looks like an altered/inconsistent or even removed VIN number. They can't be faked, often times stolen bikes will be parted out, have aesthetics like fairings swapped etc. In both cases colours will be inconsistent unless professionally disassembled and coated. Please help me get my bike back.

Env-Consultant
01-19-2014, 01:26 AM
I checked Kijiji and noticed your ad - I've always wondered if it's better to post STOLEN ads on various websites, or leave it alone and continually check different sales websites in a hope that the thief will think you're too stupid do so/they feel overconfident and start posting sales ads online.

How sick would it be to find your bike online and set up a meeting in a dark alley with the prick who stole it?

MGCM
01-19-2014, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant
How sick would it be to find your bike online and set up a meeting in a dark alley with the prick who stole it?

how do u know they are the ones who stole it? how foolish would u look then? just setup a meeting, go ensure its your bike but send someone else who wont give it away that your trying to catch them. Once u ensure its your bike call 911 and the story ends there :dunno:

on a more serious note, how the fuck do they load up a bike without someone else noticing? id go door to door and ask everyone if they saw anything like a truck in the parkade loading up your bike......how did they know it was there? how did they gain access? did a neighbor just jack your bike then? or did a neighbor give somebody else access or a "tip off" that it was down there??

Supa Dexta
01-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by B69
. This bike is very LOUD and has an extremely bright HID headlight (with OEM yellow hi beams, the low beam is blueish/blinding).

I'm sure that was well lked. :rolleyes:

MGCM
01-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

damn im getting careless, that is a majorly valid point, got any neighbors that have complained about it? those would be the 1st ppl i talk to and the 1st ppl i point the cops towards.

Disoblige
01-19-2014, 10:26 PM
^^ Don't you run HIDs in your halogen housings in your RSX? :nut:

Will keep an eye out, OP.

BrknFngrs
01-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Any chance your building has camera's in the parkade? Plenty of buildings do, even if it's just around the entry door.

batool100
01-20-2014, 04:16 AM
I was hoping to find someone that could point me in the right direction for how to do my own service on my Gixxer. I don't feel like paying a dealer 200 hundred dollars for something I can probably do myself. Does anybody know where to find the info on what to do? The owners manual tells me what to do, but doesn't tell me how to do it.

300zxfairlday
01-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by batool100
I was hoping to find someone that could point me in the right direction for how to do my own service on my Gixxer. I don't feel like paying a dealer 200 hundred dollars for something I can probably do myself. Does anybody know where to find the info on what to do? The owners manual tells me what to do, but doesn't tell me how to do it.
So your in both stolen threads asking how to repair the exact same trck and bike...... Hmmmmmm i think ive figured out where your bike and the stolen truck are! Hahaha! :poosie: In pakistan!

bjstare
01-20-2014, 09:14 AM

Haha, seriously.

e.widling
01-20-2014, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
Any chance your building has camera's in the parkade? Plenty of buildings do, even if it's just around the entry door.

There are cameras (I live in the building it was stolen from) and I think that bike was always parked right at the door, like not even 2 meters from the main entrance. It would have been caught on at least a few cameras for sure. Someone would have had to let the guy in too or he snuck in behind someone else.

GTS4tw
01-20-2014, 11:03 AM

No doubt, sounds like someone did the neighborhood a favor.

Hallowed_point
01-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

I can't understand why anyone would purposely mod a bike to piss everyone off. Probably a vigilante neighbor who's tired of listening to clutch drops and getting blinded? :dunno:

akratcli
02-01-2014, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

I can't understand why anyone would purposely mod a bike to piss everyone off. Probably a vigilante neighbor who's tired of listening to clutch drops and getting blinded? :dunno:

Clutch drops and getting blinded...is your face normally where a cars bumper is? How would you become blinded? And considering most vehicles worth anything nowadays are coming out of the factory with HIDs how is it even remotely intending to piss people off.

And changing a muffler? Cuz that's never been done to any bike, the OEM ones are so nice, and they aren't loud at all, never. Any bikes annoying if an assholes riding it. And why would anyone with half a brain "drop the clutch constantly", cuz thats real smart too.

slinkie
02-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Lol really? that's your response to someone getting his bike stolen?

I would put an HID on a bike if I had one, i've seen many close calls where bikes almost get mowed down because of idiot drivers not even noticing them.

Same goes for the exhaust, and besides the safey factor it probably adds a decent amount of power too. I mean how can an exhaust in an underground parkade bother anyone in the building above?

GTS4tw
02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by B69
Posting for my friend who has recently had his bike stolen.

***STOLEN*** - Overnight my White 2008 GSXR 600 was stolen from an underground parkade, it has very clear identifying features including blue brake/clutch levers, blue brake lines, a short megaphone exhaust pipe and a "Hell or High Water" sticker over the entire windscreen. This bike is very LOUD and has an extremely bright HID headlight (with OEM yellow hi beams, the low beam is blueish/blinding).

Originally posted by slinkie

Lol really? that's your response to someone getting his bike stolen?

I would put an HID on a bike if I had one, i've seen many close calls where bikes almost get mowed down because of idiot drivers not even noticing them.

Same goes for the exhaust, and besides the safey factor it probably adds a decent amount of power too. I mean how can an exhaust in an underground parkade bother anyone in the building above?

Did you actually read his post? I think there are a lot of people out there that have a strong dislike of HIDs in non HID housings, it looks like shit, is blinding, and doesnt do much for visibility. He brags about the low beam light being "blinding" is that some kind of achievement? Then he says how LOUD (capital letters means it's really loud) the bike is.
I just don't understand going out of your way to make people hate you? I could see if you have a farm or live in a rural area that you might not have to be considerate of your neighbors at all, but this was stolen from an apartment building!!

bignerd
02-01-2014, 10:00 PM
This bike is has either already been parted out or someone will be riding it next spring, except it won't be white anymore and wont have any decals on it...

MGCM
02-01-2014, 11:09 PM
wow u are all giant pieces of shit, someone has a bike stolen and this is how ppl respond? what a fucking joke of a human being u all are. I hope all the assholes in this thread recieve flat tires next week and a huge punch to the face. Cause if it was my bike and u said that to my face thats exactly what you would get for being a smartass and an asshole.

To the OP, hope you get your bike back, thats some dirty ass ppl to be stealing your bike outta the parkade.

MGCM
02-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
^^ Don't you run HIDs in your halogen housings in your RSX? :nut:

Will keep an eye out, OP.

hey if its good enough to pass JDM OEM market its good enough for me ;) that being said i do prefer projectors, they are uber awesomness and i dearly miss mine.

Disoblige
02-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by akratcli

Clutch drops and getting blinded...is your face normally where a cars bumper is? How would you become blinded? And considering most vehicles worth anything nowadays are coming out of the factory with HIDs how is it even remotely intending to piss people off.
Not that I'm advocating people bashing the owner of the bike, as I want him to find his bike back, but you are really misinformed about HIDs.

But in a nutshell, when you put HIDs in housings not designed for it, they give off a nasty glare and the light is not cut off right at the bumper. It goes above that and to the side to various degrees depending on the housing. Cars that come with HIDs nowadays are in projectors which give the proper cutoff, and don't typically blind people. Pretty much every single bike I've seen with HIDs in halogen housings pissed me off at night.

avishal26
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
^pretty sure 2009 GSXr's have a factory projector for low beam

roll_over
02-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Scorched
http://www.msa-direct.co.uk/ProdImages/xl/motografix_suzuki_front_numberboard-p2.jpg

amear
02-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by MGCM
wow u are all giant pieces of shit, someone has a bike stolen and this is how ppl respond? what a fucking joke of a human being u all are. I hope all the assholes in this thread recieve flat tires next week and a huge punch to the face. Cause if it was my bike and u said that to my face thats exactly what you would get for being a smartass and an asshole.

To the OP, hope you get your bike back, thats some dirty ass ppl to be stealing your bike outta the parkade.

^ what this guy said.