PDA

View Full Version : The Pellet/BB Gun Thread

MGCM
01-19-2014, 07:51 PM
This thread is dedicated to DJ Nuts.

This thread has been created so members maybe exchange infomation and experiences with pellet/BB guns. Lots of various options out there even with our under 500fps law in Canada. Pellet/BB guns are a great way to start learning small firearms and eventually work your way up to "real" firearms if thats your goal. Ive only fired small rifles as a child at camp but want to get into it again. My goal is to acquire a good quality Pellet/BB gun and spend some time learning how to shoot accurately. Once Im comfortable I hear there is a few ranges in Calgary where u can rent guns to use(pending firearms licensing ect), sounds intriging.

WARNING:
In this thread members may never speak about "real" firearms or else DJ Nuts will drop a nut ;) or get his panties in a knot, not too sure which one:dunno:

blairtruck
01-19-2014, 08:20 PM
i thought gun = gun

Cos
01-19-2014, 08:23 PM

MGCM
01-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Sounds interesting. So what is the point of a BB or Pellet gun once you are over 18 years old? You can get arrested/shot just the same holding it, I dont think you are allowed to discharge it in the city....

Besides cost. What is the allure?

some ppl cannot afford or want to start with high velocity firearms and would rather start smaller and work our way up. You can shoot them at any local shooting range. Beyond that if u have a friend of family member with property out of town u can shoot pop cans ect, setup properly it can be done very safely too.

xnvy
01-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Wait, does BB/Pellet = airsoft? If not, what's the difference?

revelations
01-20-2014, 01:07 AM
Airsoft you can use to knock pop cans down at a distance - might even put a dent in it!

BB (ball bearing) - will embed in a 2x4 quite well. It will go through a pop can and put a large dent in a steel sink. Will also put a nice hole in vinyl siding at 50m distance. Will kill pigeons in an instant, with a neck shot.

Pellet - will go half way through a phone book.