PDA

View Full Version : shipping from us to canada???fees???

djspot
02-27-2004, 03:14 PM
for anybody that has ordered shit from the US to Canada...what fees/how much do they rape us for at the boarder...obviously it depends on the value and what not...but can people give me some examples of what they bought (value) and how much customs/duties and brokerage fees were...and when do u pay? at ur door???

thanks

t3rry
02-27-2004, 03:19 PM
DO NOT SHIP UPS OR FEDEX OR YOU WILL BE RAPED

if you ship usps/canada post you usually have to pay the taxes and a "repackaging" fee the repacking fee is usually fairly low

make sure the person sending it marks it as a gift and that will lower, if not remove the GSt you haveto pay

Xtrema
02-27-2004, 06:18 PM
USPS/Canada Post will be $5 + tax on the value of item.

Fedex/UPS anywhere from free(rare) to outrageous amout of handling/custom clearing fee. I once shipped 3 boxes of RC cars from US (used) via UPS that worth around $1200. End up paying over $100 worth of fees and taxes.

If you can, USPS. If shipper won't and you have to get it from him, than bite the bullet.

benyl
02-27-2004, 07:56 PM
You do not have to pay fees for FedEx Air or UPS Air. It is included in the shipping charge.

I just got a very expensive lens for my camera shipped FedEx Air and only had to pay GST.

ks32561
02-28-2004, 07:20 PM
I paid only $15 to get my sony clie all the way from Edmonton, Alberta to Florida.

t3rry
02-28-2004, 10:05 PM
big diffrence in goinf from canada to the us, and from the us to canada