PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run

Renagades
01-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Maybe Beyond CSI can help me out. I know this is grasping at straws but it's worth a shot so here goes.

Today on my way home from school at around 6:45 pm I was involved in a hit and run with three other drivers.

I was travelling westbound on 16th ave just past the Home road intersection following behind a Ford Escape who was subsequently behind a handi bus. The car in front of the handi bus was turning right into the Safeway parking lot so naturally the bus began to slow down as well as the Escape and myself.

It wasn't an emergency stop or anything, pretty standard (my seatbelts tighten up for any hard braking and this didn't happen) but the car behind me (a white Mercury) plowed into the back of my car causing me to slam into the Escape. A little dazed and confused, the Escape, Merc and myself all pulled into the parking lot.

I had thought the Merc had just failed to see me slow down but when I got out of the car and started talking to the Escape driver, a guy came up to us and said that he saw a big, dark coloured truck with a steel grill had hit the Merc, backed up, pulled a quick quick u-turn and headed back eastbound on 16th ave.

The driver of the Merc was pretty useless and didn't see anything or really know what happened at all. Me and the Escape drive didn't see anything (I was unaware there was a truck) and no one else stopped or offered up any information. The police were notified of the hit and run and the witness' info and statement were taken in.

I was just wondering if anyone saw the accident and had any info on the truck. Maybe your douchebag neighbor from down the street has a bent up front grill on his truck.

It would be really nice if this a**hole were caught as I think people who hit and run are pretty much the scum of the earth.

BTW I think my M45 will be a write off because of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.