PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland 2014

davidI
01-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Anyone planning on going? Any tips for planning? I'm considering the Global Journey hotel packages which go on sale before the normal tickets. They're a bit pricey (700-1100 euros) but I figure it's worth it.

There's a lot of info out there and I don't have a lot of time for research so suggestions from those who have been would be great!

l/l/rX
01-22-2014, 01:53 PM
I plan on going for the 2nd time this year. tickets SHOULD be easier to get this year seeing how it's a 2 wknd banger now. The global journey packages are steep especially since you can do it soo much cheaper. But judging by your posts here, seems like you can afford it.

What else do you need to know?

davidI
01-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
I plan on going for the 2nd time this year. tickets SHOULD be easier to get this year seeing how it's a 2 wknd banger now. The global journey packages are steep especially since you can do it soo much cheaper. But judging by your posts here, seems like you can afford it.

What else do you need to know?

I've been reading more and a lot of people say that staying in Dreamville or whatever it's called is just as important as the concert itself and that staying in a hotel would ruin the experience.

Not sure if that's true or not. The main reason I was interested in the hotel is because it pretty much guarantees tickets. Perhaps it's worth just chancing the general admission tix.

How is transportation getting to / from the event? What about accommodation in Antwerp / Brussels leading up to the event?

I read some blog posts recommending bringing lots of booze and water in plastic bottles as it's not readily available at the venue? How true is that. Seems like a hassle to haul.

I travel light and could bring a small tent quite easily, but I guess step #1 is getting tickets!

Kobe
01-23-2014, 08:59 AM
When are tickets going on sale? Not sure if I'll still be in Europe or not but since I don't think I'll be doing Yacht week again I'd def be interested..

l/l/rX
01-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by davidI

I've been reading more and a lot of people say that staying in Dreamville or whatever it's called is just as important as the concert itself and that staying in a hotel would ruin the experience.

Not sure if that's true or not. The main reason I was interested in the hotel is because it pretty much guarantees tickets. Perhaps it's worth just chancing the general admission tix.

How is transportation getting to / from the event? What about accommodation in Antwerp / Brussels leading up to the event?

I read some blog posts recommending bringing lots of booze and water in plastic bottles as it's not readily available at the venue? How true is that. Seems like a hassle to haul.

I travel light and could bring a small tent quite easily, but I guess step #1 is getting tickets!

1) yea there's like after parties and such at dreamville, but for me after 12ish hours of stomping around I was beat, ready to go to bed and do it all over again the next day.

2) yea the hotel will most likely guarantee you tickets, but the event is 2 weekends this year, might be easier to get tickets? Who knows, guess it's a risk you take.

3) there's tons of accomodation in Brussels, can't really speak for Antwerp. We stayed in a hostel in Brussels. It was pretty decent, we were literally there to sleep and to store our gear. Catching a cab is a bit of a pain to go to tomorrowland and an even bigger pain finding one after. if i remember correctly it was about 15min ish cab ride back to brussels.

4) man, tomorrowland is probably one of the best organized events there is. Every other stall is a beer/ water stall, they have cuisines from all over the world, they have fast food to fine dining type meals. To bring your own booze and water you must be one cheap bastard because the drinks were not even that expensive considering you're in europe.

davidI
01-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
When are tickets going on sale? Not sure if I'll still be in Europe or not but since I don't think I'll be doing Yacht week again I'd def be interested..

Let's do it up!!

You can pre-register now for tickets now. Global Journey packages go on sale Feb. 1st. They're pretty much the guaranteed ticket packages with hotel but you pay a lot for it and it sounds like the hotels are a bit removed from the party.

The Dreamville camping goes on sale Feb. 15th.

Originally posted by l/l/rX

1) yea there's like after parties and such at dreamville, but for me after 12ish hours of stomping around I was beat, ready to go to bed and do it all over again the next day.

2) yea the hotel will most likely guarantee you tickets, but the event is 2 weekends this year, might be easier to get tickets? Who knows, guess it's a risk you take.

3) there's tons of accomodation in Brussels, can't really speak for Antwerp. We stayed in a hostel in Brussels. It was pretty decent, we were literally there to sleep and to store our gear. Catching a cab is a bit of a pain to go to tomorrowland and an even bigger pain finding one after. if i remember correctly it was about 15min ish cab ride back to brussels.

4) man, tomorrowland is probably one of the best organized events there is. Every other stall is a beer/ water stall, they have cuisines from all over the world, they have fast food to fine dining type meals. To bring your own booze and water you must be one cheap bastard because the drinks were not even that expensive considering you're in europe.

Sweet. I'm even more pumped now. So I guess it's a matter of whether I want hotel (790 euros), Dreamville Camping (290 euros) or just tickets (237.50 euros). Do you think it's worth the extra 200 euros for the "Comfort Pass"?

rage2
01-23-2014, 10:30 PM
I must be old. Clicked on this thread thinking it's about Disneyland. Was gonna say that Buzz Lightyear shooter is pretty fun at Tomorrowland. :rofl:

l/l/rX
01-24-2014, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by davidI

Sweet. I'm even more pumped now. So I guess it's a matter of whether I want hotel (790 euros), Dreamville Camping (290 euros) or just tickets (237.50 euros). Do you think it's worth the extra 200 euros for the "Comfort Pass"?

its worth it on every other stage but definitely not the main stage. VIP area at the main stage its soo far up and the sound system in that area is BRUTAL and honestly you seem so far you almost need binoculars. haha. But on all the smaller stages the VIP area is an elevated stage front and center. Didn't really find any other use for VIP really. Again drinks were easy to get at any bar soo yaaa....

lofu
04-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Hey guys, was just searching some Tomorrowland stuff and ran into this. Any update on Tomorrowland from you guys? Me and some friends are going weekend 2 staying in Dreamville easy tents, just looking for other Canadians to run into there.