PDA

View Full Version : careless driving

zeekie
01-23-2014, 07:48 PM
So I got myself a careless driving ticket & a stunting in the same situation. I was driving to Leduc, where the speed limit was 100km/hr, when I came across two vehicle who I perceived were driving at 80 km/h. I decided to pass them one at a time. The first car I tried to pass sped up, which resulted in there being not enough space for me to safely move over. Another vehicle was coming and I managed to safely move over between the first two vehicles as he decided to give me space.

At this point I was in between two cars. I waited for no on-coming vehicles and decided to pass the car in front of me. During my passing maneuver, driver who was in front of me accelerated and so I returned to my position behind him. After moving behind him, he began to slow down and so I decided to pass him. Once again, he increased his speed and so I continued to accelerate. After passing him I moved over to the driving lane and reduced my speed. The driver I just passed began to tailgate me. I exited towards Leduc and both vehicles followed me into Downtown Leduc. One of the other drivers pulled in front of me and stopped their vehicle, blocking the road. He tried to open my door and began yelling at me stating that I was trying to cause an accident.

I drove away and they continued to follow me. I phoned the police and pulled into a Canadian Tire gas station. The other drivers followed me there and I informed them that I had called the police and they were on their way. The police appeared, drew their weapons and told me that I had threatened one of the other drivers with a weapon. While they searched my truck for weapons, I informed them that I was the one who had called the police. The police officers placed me in their cruiser and told me I was being charged with Uttering Threats. Roughly 30 to 45 minutes later, they told me I was no longer being charged; instead, I was going to receive two tickets: one Careless Driving ticket for passing when unsafe and one Stunt Driving ticket because snow was being thrown from my truck onto the vehicle behind me.

Incidentally, the driver of both vehicles were husband and wife.

What are my chances ? As I'm very nervous of these demerits that may cause me to lose my licence

rizfarmer
01-23-2014, 08:01 PM
That sounds pretty messed up. Would be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Regardless, you need to hire a lawyer. Careless driving is a serious charge that can screw you for a few years on insurance premiums.

zeekie
01-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Ya I thought the same thing .. and I hired a paralegal the next day .. The closer the court date comes the more nervous I get . Would like to know of things I can expect out if this ?

UndrgroundRider
01-23-2014, 08:16 PM
If your version of events is true you should hire a lawyer, not a paralegal. They will be able to answer all of your questions. From the sounds of things the other drivers also called police.

Mixalot27
01-23-2014, 08:22 PM
You should request disclosure or get your representative to and find out exactly what the other people involved said to the police. That should give you a better idea of what you are up against.

frizzlefry
01-23-2014, 10:14 PM
This is why I will always drive a vehicle powerful enough to pass most others easily and quickly.

Not sure how snow flying from your truck equates to stunting....

PS: No offence but you should really get a truck bed cover or get rid of the snow. It sucks driving behind a blizzard especially when you are looking for a clear line of sight to pass.

FraserB
01-23-2014, 10:27 PM
You need a good lawyer. Since both tickets are going to be based of the stories that the husband and wife told the police and have been practicing since, you need to get enough doubt cast onto their statements.

Snow blowing off a truck would meet the letter of the stunting law.

Have you read the two complaints against you?

eblend
01-23-2014, 10:38 PM
Reading the first part of your story made me thing it was a post I made 8 years ago....had a similar thing happen, tried to pass in the middle of the night coming home from Acme, a convoy of cars about 4 deep were stuck behind a single driver. I didn't want to go 20 below the whole way so I tried to pass all 4 at once, but since it is pitch black out there, didn't realize there was a hill up ahead, and when I got 3 cars past, a semi truck suddenly appeared. I had no choice but to cut in and make room between car 1 and 2...guy who I cut off was naturally not happy....so once I passed the first driver, the guy in car number 2 passed him as well and tailed me all the way up until I got onto deerfoot with his high beams on the whole way. When I stopped at a light to turn off to deerfoot near balzack, the guy got out of the car, walked up to my car and I rolled down the window. He started yelling at me for driving like an idiot and then with full power tried to smash my window..it didn't work, and I drove off.

I was young and stupid, and inexperienced, so I kind of deserved it, but to this day that was the closest experience with death for me (aside from cliff roads in Nepal...)

I know it doesn't help your situation, but just wanted to share how some people are really take offense to being passed.

frizzlefry
01-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Wow had no idea on that one. Always just assumed that stunting meant, you know, pulling stunts. Like doughnuts etc. Ya learn something new every day.

Nismorphed
01-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Show up for court they will possibly throw it out as it's based on hear say.

zeekie
01-23-2014, 11:00 PM
No, haven't had a chance to look at the statements yet.. I do have a bed cover . No snow on it .. but snow flying up from my tires as they were following too close . They made it seem as I were spinning my tires .. ( while on the highway )

cancer man
01-24-2014, 06:11 AM
Just say, i seen them talking on phones or texting and feared for my mylife since they were swerving all over the road.That will buy you another 6 months before
another court appearance.

osspasha
01-24-2014, 11:17 AM
That's why a dash cam is a must have, invest in a good one.

frizzlefry
01-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by zeekie
No, haven't had a chance to look at the statements yet.. I do have a bed cover . No snow on it .. but snow flying up from my tires as they were following too close . They made it seem as I were spinning my tires .. ( while on the highway )

...snow flying up from your tires? Its bullshit you got a ticket for that. Pass that off to the province, they are supposed to keep the roads clear of snow. You can't help what's on the road.

Also, I'm pretty sure when passing on a two lane highway the person in the right lane is supposed to yield to you so you can get back in safely. If they floored it while you were trying to pass I would think that's a violation.

Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, a
person driving a vehicle that is being overtaken by another vehicle
(a) shall give way to the right in favour of the overtaking
vehicle, and
(b) shall not increase the speed of the overtaken vehicle until
the overtaken vehicle is completely passed by the
overtaking vehicle.

95EagleAWD
01-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Not unless it restricts YOUR visibilty, ie the person driving the vehicle the snow is blowing off.

"What is illegal is that if you're driving with an obscured view -- if you're windows are covered and you can't see out of the windows -- there is a fine for that," he says. "Let's say you have a foot of snow on the hood of your car, could your visibility be obstructed by that? Most certainly. Or, if you have a foot of snow on your trunk of your car, then your rear window may be obstructed by that."

"He also adds that snow blowing off of roofs and truck beds of vehicles can be dangerous, although it isn't against the law."

Stunting is just that: Stunting. Sec 115(2)(f)"drive a vehicle so as to perform or engage in any stunt or other activity on a highway that is likely to distract, startle or interfere with other users of the highway" DRIVE a vehicle, not fail to remove snow from one.

If I wrote a ticket for stunting because someone left 6 inches of snow on their truck tonneau, my boss would laugh at me and rip my ticket up.

frizzlefry
01-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Hey 95EagleAWD, speaking of the right lane traffic yielding to passing traffic....quick question for you...

Years ago, I was on a 2 lane highway once (limit 100km/h) and came up on a LONG line of vehicles going about 80km/h. No oncoming traffic and I saw a gap in the right lane traffic up ahead so I figured I would pass on the left and just slip into the gap in the right lane once I reached it. You know, one bit at a time, until I passed the slow moving vehicles. I tried this and the bike group (about 30 of them, riding one in front of the other about 10 feet apart) closed the gap as I approached (I signalled and they closed the gap more. Guess they wanted to stay together) and thus I was stuck in the left lane as a pair of oncoming headlights appeared far off in the distance. I thought "failed attempt, I'll hit the brakes and go back where I was" but the plethora of cars that were behind me in the right lane had closed the gap I was in and now I was looking at about a KM of cars, in front and behind, that left no room for another vehicle. While I am figuring out what to do those oncoming headlights are coming closer. My blinker has been on the entire time but no gaps are opening to let me in. Soooo, I confess, I gunned it. I likely went pretty fast as the A6 2.7T was no slouch and got in front of the bumper to bumber traffic relatively quickly. About 5 seconds after I got in front of the right lane traffic the oncoming car passed.

So....what should a person do in that situation? A previously available gap has been closed by people who don't like to be passed going 80km/h on the highway, traffic built up behind me and there is no guarantee that they will let me in and another car is fast approaching towards a head on collision. But I know with certainty that I can get into the right lane if I gun it but likely break the speed limit while doing so.

What's the best course of action? I have always wondered about it. That incident has always stuck in my mind and its the fastest I have ever driven because I felt trapped due to people not yielding to the passing car and hammering it was the only 100% certain solution to the situation.

Thought it relative because the "don't pass me" BS seems to have also been pulled on the OP.

95EagleAWD
01-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Legally, I'm pretty sure people are supposed to let you in when you signal... there's a mutual understanding here... You're also not legally allowed to speed to pass.

I'd have to look it up to be 100%, and I'm just heading out for the night. I'll get back to this one later tonight or tomorrow and see what the "law" says... Common sense says assholes should just let you back in.... :banghead:

Supa Dexta
01-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Common sense also says fuck the idiots who think they can pass when its unsafe to do so. You got out in that lane yourself so deal with it, don't put me in danger, trying to cram back in, head for the left ditch for all I care.

frizzlefry
01-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Legally, I'm pretty sure people are supposed to let you in when you signal... there's a mutual understanding here... You're also not legally allowed to speed to pass.

I'd have to look it up to be 100%, and I'm just heading out for the night. I'll get back to this one later tonight or tomorrow and see what the "law" says... Common sense says assholes should just let you back in.... :banghead:

Hey thanks man. I'm pretty sure its illegal for folks in the right refuse you re-entry but you can't make them at that point in time and when the pressure is on you do what's needed to get out of it safely. I will always choose a ticket over dying :)

And thanks again for your opinion. My quick question ended up a bit longer than I intended :)

frizzlefry
01-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Common sense also says fuck the idiots who think they can pass when its unsafe to do so. You got out in that lane yourself so deal with it, don't put me in danger, trying to cram back in, head for the left ditch for all I care.

...and letting them in will put you in danger how...?

snowcat
01-24-2014, 08:18 PM
Legally, I'm pretty sure people are supposed to let you in when you signal..

What??? There is no such law. If they have lane control your indicator isn't a "I can do what the fuck I want" switch.

frizzlefry
01-24-2014, 08:20 PM
Yes there is. From the traffic act.

Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, a
person driving a vehicle that is being overtaken by another vehicle
(a) shall give way to the right in favour of the overtaking
vehicle, and
(b) shall not increase the speed of the overtaken vehicle until
the overtaken vehicle is completely passed by the
overtaking vehicle.

Every twat who loves to hypermile their civic UNTIL someone dare pass them should memorize this.

Supa Dexta
01-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Say you're travelling at a constant speed on ice covered roads. As long as every one maintains speed it's fine (I do a lot of driving up north and back). Its when retards start trying to speed past only to jam back in when they can't make and then load on the brakes - that problems start. Or even on dry roads when people just decide they are coming in. Passing doesn't make you (not you specifically) special and give you the right to cut someone off, or cause them unneeded changes to their driving. Plus I'm bigger than most on the road anyways, Ill just box you out. ha

frizzlefry
01-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Say you're travelling at a constant speed on ice covered roads. As long as every one maintains speed it's fine (I do a lot of driving up north and back). Its when retards start trying to speed past only to jam back in when they can't make and then load on the brakes - that problems start. Or even on dry roads when people just decide they are coming in. Passing doesn't make you (not you specifically) special and give you the right to cut someone off, or cause them unneeded changes to their driving. Plus I'm bigger than most on the road anyways, Ill just box you out. ha

I agree for the most part but I have seen many a time when there IS an opening in the right lane someone can hop into and said idiot behind that opening figures "not me you speeding jerk, speed kills!" and then closes it to teach some sort of lesson.

Hence my cars are faster than most on the highway. Especially those rolling coal who forget that 500 lbft of torque does not mean much when you have the aerodynamics of a couch at 110km/h :)

95EagleAWD
01-24-2014, 09:15 PM

And you would be one of the assholes I'm talking about.

Unknown303
01-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by frizzlefry

I agree for the most part but I have seen many a time when there IS an opening in the right lane someone can hop into and said idiot behind that opening figures "not me you speeding jerk, speed kills!" and then closes it to teach some sort of lesson.

Hence my cars are faster than most on the highway. Especially those rolling coal who forget that 500 lbft of torque does not mean much when you have the aerodynamics of a couch at 110km/h :)

Yeah but when my Duramax was rolling coal it wasn't with 500 lbft it was closer to the 800 area. Which is when your truck just gives the middle finger to aerodynamics and pushes through regardless. Plus the ol squid ink approach and then merge regardless or the other vehicles position usually creates a gap.

Supa Dexta
01-24-2014, 10:26 PM

And you would be one of the assholes I'm talking about.

Hardly, compare it to a sidewalk. If you're walking along and then someone goes to speed past you but doesn't have space and cuts back in front of you, cutting you off as you were walking along at a normal pace - would you simply go 'sure friend, no problem!, what a dick I would be if I didnt slow down and let him cut me off'.

Or mumble to yourself, 'asshole'. :werd:

revelations
01-24-2014, 10:46 PM
OP what is your driving history like and how old are you? People dont normally react this way unless something precipitated the incident.

Supa Dexta
01-24-2014, 11:38 PM
NSFW language

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151963187506312

95EagleAWD
01-25-2014, 12:29 AM

Hardly, compare it to a sidewalk. If you're walking along and then someone goes to speed past you but doesn't have space and cuts back in front of you, cutting you off as you were walking along at a normal pace - would you simply go 'sure friend, no problem!, what a dick I would be if I didnt slow down and let him cut me off'.

Or mumble to yourself, 'asshole'. :werd:

People don't die on sidewalks. Your comparison sucks. If a guy signals and you can give him another five feet to make it work and you don't, deliberately putting his life in danger... you have issues.

JRSC00LUDE
01-25-2014, 01:23 AM

You're not known for stupid posts. Usually. :dunno:

Env-Consultant
01-25-2014, 01:48 AM
Plus I'm bigger than most on the road anyways, Ill just box you out. ha

http://s17.postimg.org/58oxhh2sv/3820b3395489fd93b9b62a61ad6da07e8f3ef451101b8b63.jpg

I drive a non-lifted truck for oilfield work, but I would never comment on being "bigger" than anyone else on the road. Just playing into the typical oilfield DB persona everybody thinks we are. Don't do that.

zeekie
01-25-2014, 03:24 AM

It's Assholes Like You Who Make The Roadway More Dangerous Than Most Of The People Who Are Doing The Passing. By LAW It Is Required To Share The Road With Everyone, Right? Which Means: Not Speeding Up And Not Letting Others In. Which Is The Biggest Hazard Of Them All.

But A Majority Of Them Are Trying To Get Away From The Hazards Which Are The Slower Driver. (Over Cautiousness) , If You Find Yourself Going Slower Than The Speed Limit Maybe You Should Ask Yourself "Am I Confident Enough To Be On The Road?"

I Also Took The Time To Find This For You As Well, As You Seem To Not FULLY Understand The Rules Of Passing. Focus Hard And Read #2 It Might Be A Little Difficult For Someone Like You To Understand But Its A Good One To Remember... :thumbsup:

" NRS 484B.207  Overtaking vehicle on left side: Duties of drivers of overtaking and overtaken vehicle; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone.

1.  The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall pass to the left thereof at a safe distance and shall not again drive to the right side of the highway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle.

2.  Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle upon observing the overtaking vehicle or hearing a signal. The driver of an overtaken vehicle shall not increase the speed of the vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.

3.  A person who violates any provision of this section may be subject to the additional penalty set forth in NRS 484B.130.
"

I sure Hope You Took The Time And Fully Understood This Reply As Its Good Info For You To Remember Next Time Someone Try's To Pass You

Supa Dexta
01-25-2014, 04:35 AM
First of all I drive a stock truck envirobitch, but yeah my cock is pretty big - esp online..

2nd of all, my post is more about the times when you're on highway 63 for example doing the limit and some asshole decides he wants to try and pass 10 cars and 5 semis in one go - putting everyone in danger. Half the time the road is icy and 100% of the time it is busy. So like it or not , yeah my opinion is that dickwad can head for the left ditch, rather than getting up to 140 and cutting back in when he can't make the pass. I see this shit all the time, if you're calling my post out because of the odd marginal pass you see once a month, get bent. Apples and oranges.

I thought the 'unsafe to do so' part would have made that clear.:drama:

Seth1968
01-25-2014, 10:10 AM
OP's story sounds like BS.

I'd love to hear the "other side" of the story.

euro_racer
01-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Would not letting someone in to pass you be considered as manslaughter should something happen? I mean you are purposely putting their life and the one of the oncoming vehicle in dander just because you feel disrespected or something that someone wants to pass you...

One of my biggest pet peeves about drivers in Alberta, EVERYONE feels like they own the road and are entitled to the space, everyone wants to be first and if you want to pass it is almost like budging or something. There is no order. The passing/ fast lane= non existent, we love our "rolling roadblocks" here, and if someone wants to pass them we are enforcing the law by not letting them in because they are speeding and breaking the law. :rolleyes:

But yea, back to passing on a highway, in most places (BC, Europe, etc) the drivers that are being passed usually would merge with their car into the shoulder lane in order to let the passing car trough. That is proper.

Env-Consultant
01-25-2014, 10:46 AM
First of all I drive a stock truck envirobitch

Again, I want to reiterate, you're acting like a total douchebag. Just from zero to psycho like that. I hope you're single and nobody has to deal with your tantrums, big boy.

Just keep boxing people out because you're a whiney child who intentionally endangers lives to make a point- eventually, either you'll kill somebody or get killed by exasperating an already dangerous situation; but hey - you'll prove a point, right?

I like how life works though - keep acting like a complete moron and making a point of "boxing" people out who pass you, of course only when you personally determine it to be unsafe, and sooner or later it'll be "Hey! You! Outta the gene pool!"

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/3a/3aab96122853d63203eba5bf2de13ddf126e540e89beadaf3dd4e628a7e6764c.jpg

16hypen3sp
01-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Yes you are supposed to share the road with all motorists.

Some people just don't want to share tho.

OP, after you passed the first vehicle, I wouldn't be surprised if they were instantly on the phone with the police making shit up about you threatening them.

I guess they just beat you to the punch.

If I were you, I would take this one on fully. Lawyers and all the hassle that comes with it.

It is a crazy story, but I have seen stranger things happen on Alberta highways.

blairtruck
01-25-2014, 11:21 AM
i would say most people passing the line of cars do not have the skills to take it to the left ditch and will almost 100% of the time attempt tocome back in the lane putting yourself in way more danger then just letting them back in.

Maxt
01-25-2014, 11:41 AM
I have dash cam footage of a guy blowing past 3 cars in a blizzard on a double yellow over a rise. Even with video nothing ever came of it. I am surprised the cops would charge on someones word like that.

Rat Fink
01-25-2014, 12:03 PM

tirebob
01-25-2014, 12:04 PM
If people didn't drive illegally too close to the cars in front of them to begin with, pulling back in from a pass would never be an issue. I personally have a bigger issue with those guys than I do the people trying to pass slower moving traffic.

When I see someone beginning to pass in my rear view mirror, I personally try to make more room for them. What's the big deal? If someone is driving faster than I am, what do I care if they go around me? :dunno:

I miss driving in Europe where common sense on the roads is far more prevalent...

revelations
01-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink

Which is why I really don't think we are getting the full story.

Originally posted by revelations
OP what is your driving history like and how old are you? People dont normally react this way unless something precipitated the incident.

Originally posted by Seth1968
OP's story sounds like BS.

I'd love to hear the "other side" of the story.

Definitely another side thats not being told. OP did not respond to my question about his driving history.

gretz
01-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by tirebob
If people didn't drive illegally too close to the cars in front of them to begin with, pulling back in from a pass would never be an issue. I personally have a bigger issue with those guys than I do the people trying to pass slower moving traffic.

\

My thoughts exactly... All of this "cram / jam back in" " cut someone off bs..." Why is there not enough room for one car in between vehicles in a line of traffic? Sounds like shitty driving and poor judgement to me

Zhariak
01-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by tirebob

When I see someone beginning to pass in my rear view mirror, I personally try to make more room for them. What's the big deal? If someone is driving faster than I am, what do I care if they go around me? :dunno:

I miss driving in Europe where common sense on the roads is far more prevalent...

I agree 100%

I don't give a shit if someone is driving aggressively or whatever.

On a single lane highway, keep distance. That way if someone is passing, they can safely get back in to the lane if required...

I learned at a young age from my father that driving is a serious thing (he put emphasis on highway driving). When driving on the highway, always leave enough room in front of you for someone who is passing to come in. It doesn't matter how slow traffic is, or how pissed off you are that you're moving slow. If you don't leave room, you're putting an unknown group of people's lives at risk (if a collision occurred, you have no idea how many vehicles will be involved, how many people will be injured, if kids will be involved, etc...) Never slow down or speed up if you are being passed (you've already left room), stay constant and predictable so that the passer can calculate where he/she is able to get in and plan accordingly.

zeekie
01-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Definitely another side thats not being told. OP did not respond to my question about his driving history.

My driving history is clean besides 2 speeding tickets like 4 yrs ago back when I lived in B.C ..

zeekie
01-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak

I agree 100%

I don't give a shit if someone is driving aggressively or whatever.

On a single lane highway, keep distance. That way if someone is passing, they can safely get back in to the lane if required...

I learned at a young age from my father that driving is a serious thing (he put emphasis on highway driving). When driving on the highway, always leave enough room in front of you for someone who is passing to come in. It doesn't matter how slow traffic is, or how pissed off you are that you're moving slow. If you don't leave room, you're putting an unknown group of people's lives at risk (if a collision occurred, you have no idea how many vehicles will be involved, how many people will be injured, if kids will be involved, etc...) Never slow down or speed up if you are being passed (you've already left room), stay constant and predictable so that the passer can calculate where he/she is able to get in and plan accordingly.

I couldn't agree more.. Albert needs more drivers with common sence like you

Maxt
01-25-2014, 02:57 PM
I don't mind people passing me on the highway as long as they don't pull back in immediately, because in winter its like throwing a bucket of gravel at the vehicle being passed when crossing back over the center line.
I pass people on the highway all the time, but I wont pass until I can put a few hundred feet on them easily , out of courtesy.

Supa Dexta
01-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant

Again, I want to reiterate, blah blah blah

What tantrums? You're an idiot, that's the only thing clear here little boy. You've made that perfectly clear since you showed up. And the only thing in question is your manhood.

You obvs take the internet very seriously:rolleyes:

Env-Consultant
01-25-2014, 10:12 PM

What tantrums? You're an idiot, that's the only thing clear here little boy. You've made that perfectly clear since you showed up. And the only thing in question is your manhood.

You obvs take the internet very seriously:rolleyes:

An idiot? Have you read any of your posts in this thread!?

I take the internet seriously? See your post below.

First of all I drive a stock truck envirobitch, but yeah my cock is pretty big - esp online..

2nd of all, my post is more about the times when you're on highway 63 for example doing the limit and some asshole decides he wants to try and pass 10 cars and 5 semis in one go - putting everyone in danger. Half the time the road is icy and 100% of the time it is busy. So like it or not , yeah my opinion is that dickwad can head for the left ditch, rather than getting up to 140 and cutting back in when he can't make the pass. I see this shit all the time, if you're calling my post out because of the odd marginal pass you see once a month, get bent. Apples and oranges.

You're literally a person I would feel bad arguing with - just too easy.

I rest my case.

Supa Dexta
01-25-2014, 10:27 PM
And now you're blocked shit lips.

bart
01-25-2014, 10:29 PM
ya they arent allowed to speed up if another car is passing, but next time dont call the cops and get a faster car ;)

Env-Consultant
01-25-2014, 10:40 PM

:clap:

SKR
01-26-2014, 06:21 AM
An environmentalist and an MWD hand arguing over which one is a douchebag is good comedy to me.

Env-Consultant
01-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by SKR
An environmentalist

We get this a lot - I think it's a common misconception/terminology mixup - we aren't environmentalists. I can't think of a single person I work with that is a tree-hugging environmentalist. On the back end of things, yes we clean up/restore sites, some 60+ years old; however, we do a lot of stuff on the construction side, like lease builds, as well as liability reduction. By reducing existig liability, further drilling/production can take place.

Just my short rant/info quip.

Now, back to that careless driving...

SKR
01-26-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't think anyone in the industry thinks you're out there chaining yourself to a tree or anything, that's just the name for you. You do environmental work, you're an environmentalist.

Env-Consultant
01-26-2014, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by SKR
I don't think anyone in the industry thinks you're out there chaining yourself to a tree or anything, that's just the name for you. You do environmental work, you're an environmentalist.

For the sake of this thread, I'll leave it at a common misconception. Environmental scientist/consultant does not equal environmentalist/preservationist/nature lover. Some environmental consultants work on SAGD/TAGD extraction methods - I wouldn't call them environmentalists, nor would I call consultants putting 80000+ km/year on their trucks environmentalists. Semantics I guess.

SKR
01-26-2014, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't call them environmentalists, nor would I call consultants putting 80000+ km/year on their trucks environmentalists.

Everybody else does though, that's why the name sticks.

egmilano
01-26-2014, 11:12 PM
I agree with dex on this, I've had people do this to me and man it pisses me off when driving outta town. I like to keep cruise control on and nothing pisses me off more then someone cutting me off because they cant pass the cars ahead or pass and hit the brakes period. It's fuggin dangerous .....

Supa Dexta
01-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Exactly^ You'd have to be an idiot (or an environmentalist) to still wanna argue my point after it was clarified here>

I'm obviously not out there boxing people out and the 'ha' should have covered that post.. internet 101, take baby steps people.

codetrap
01-27-2014, 08:25 AM
I rest my case.
Jesus.. you both sound like a couple of bickering children. Grow the fuck up already or we'll take away your internet privileges. :devil:

Oh, and Env-consultant? Face it, you're an environmentalist. You may not be of the chain-yourself-to-a-tree-dope-smoking-shroom-eating-unwashed type, but you still are. Don't worry, it's not a swear word. All it means is you support responsible environmental stewardship. It's ok, relax.

As for the OP.. your story doesn't make sense. To me, it sounds like you're editing your version to put yourself in the best possible light in hopes to garner sympathy.

MalibuStacy
01-27-2014, 09:33 AM
I have been voiding putting my two cents into this thread and just have been watching.

Supa Dexta and Env Consultant, you guys have been very entertaining :clap:

OP, you have gone silent, meaning you are probably not telling us the whole account, and you are now ashamed to admit to us :dunno:

zeekie
01-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by MalibuStacy

OP, you have gone silent, meaning you are probably not telling us the whole account, and you are now ashamed to admit to us :dunno:

For your information some people work and not on the internet every fucking day.. not everyone has a.Mon-Fri job you fucking moron.. or internet service out on a rig location .. and if you don't believe my story than don't fucking reply why would I try to make it sound better. I don't know anyone of you nor do I care . It's more of getting information of what happened how to deal with it.. that's what happened. You dont believe it than F*(k off .. not to make my side believable. I'm not here to make friends I Got my own life and don't live for the internet.. and if you read Ive been answering questions as per asked.. have a good day dou(%#. Go outside once and awhile

speedog
01-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Well apparently someone got out of the wrong side of the bed.

speedog
01-27-2014, 06:52 PM
BTW MalibuStacy - voiding is something you do when you sit on the throne, possibly something that the OP needs to do.

MalibuStacy
01-27-2014, 07:09 PM

For your information some people work and not on the internet every fucking day.. not everyone has a.Mon-Fri job you fucking moron.. or internet service out on a rig location .. and if you don't believe my story than don't fucking reply why would I try to make it sound better. I don't know anyone of you nor do I care . It's more of getting information of what happened how to deal with it.. that's what happened. You dont believe it than F*(k off .. not to make my side believable. I'm not here to make friends I Got my own life and don't live for the internet.. and if you read Ive been answering questions as per asked.. have a good day dou(%#. Go outside once and awhile

Aren't you a bundle of joy:clap:
And if you can't deal with a bit of shit disturbing on this forum bud, you got the wrong place, the internet is a free for all. If your this touchy I really wonder how you can cope with real life. All I am saying is this situation sounds like there is holes in the story, and I might be wrong, but this is my opinion. Also I'm not really sure how going outside has anything to do with this :dunno: I go outside to ride the bus to school, drive to work etc. etc.

zeekie
01-27-2014, 07:15 PM
:rolleyes:

codetrap
01-27-2014, 08:00 PM
~snip pointless whining~ Did we hurt your feelings? Would you like a tissue?

http://www.bullyfreezonecanada.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/header2-636x336.jpg

FraserB
01-27-2014, 08:15 PM
I think that little outburst confirms there is more to the story lol.

zeekie
01-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Haha no no, just funny about all these keyboard warriors.. people forget what this forum is about. :drama: .. and take it as a conversation .. they are opinions and suggestions . And I'm all open ears . But there's a point of going off topic .. and now let's get back on it .. you think that's not the full story , than why waste your time with it .. anyways back to the thread

MalibuStacy
01-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Beyond.ca = constant off topic discussion

frizzlefry
01-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Haha no no, just funny about all these keyboard warriors.. people forget what this forum is about. :drama: .. and take it as a conversation .. they are opinions and suggestions . And I'm all open ears . But there's a point of going off topic .. and now let's get back on it .. you think that's not the full story , than why waste your time with it .. anyways back to the thread

You gotta understand, people are just suspicious is all. You're story, while partially believable, seems off because of what the other couple did. Calling the cops and such. I drive at a fast pace on the highway all the time. I pass people all the time. The charges you got hit with just don't jive with what you are saying.

Now, of course, people are weird and some anal retentive Toyota corolla driving uppity ups may have flipped a lid when you got in between them and their coupling drive.

But its weird. And if you submit a story asking for help or advice to an open forum then you need to be cool with the fact that some people won't agree with you or validate your opinion. And some may ridicule you.

That's how I joined Beyond. Like 80% of everyone here I'm sure. I had a ticket question, heard about "the claw", and thought gee....maybe these guys can help and provide me support and agree with me. But nope. Some agreed, some offered advice and some ridiculed and some put me in my place. Either way, I'm still here. Its the only forum I frequent.

You put a call out for help and got some heckling and/or people doubting you. You also got some accurate law quoted, some opinions. It's called the internet. Now that you lost your shit this valuable forum may be lost to you if you can't handle people bringing your whining up all the time :)

codetrap
01-27-2014, 09:48 PM
frizzlefry: WTFBBQ!! Why are you being all reasonable and making sense. THIS IS THE INTERNETS!!! It was designed so we could all watch Pr0n, look at funny cat pics and fly off the handle. That's why these usernames are called handles FFS.. so we can fly off them!!!

Jesus... what's the world coming to... :eek:

gretz
01-27-2014, 09:49 PM

With such a cool head on your shoulders, no one could possibly believe that you would threaten someone:rolleyes:

whiteout
01-27-2014, 10:09 PM

Did the tool push not hug you after he tripped in?:cry:

94boosted
01-28-2014, 03:09 PM
To the OP:

I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that the statements of the husband & wife can't be counted as two separate witness statements against you, they obviously have a relationship (marriage) so they could of corroborated their stories therefore it sort of turns into a he said/she said debacle (unless they have some evidence) in which case a decent lawyer should be able to get this thrown out or at least reduced assuming what you're saying is true.

:dunno:

CompletelyNumb
01-28-2014, 03:34 PM

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q319/brentley72/lol-he-mad.jpg