PDA

View Full Version : How a potato plans for retirement

M.alex
01-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Heavy reliance on a govn't pension plan, waiting for other richer family members to die and/or the lottery. All 3 at once would probably be the best possible case :rofl:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lottery-win-is-retirement-plan-for-34-of-poll-respondents-1.2517046

Tik-Tok
01-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Lucky them.

The government will bail them all out, with them not having to save a dime on their own. Meanwhile those of use who are actually preparing, will pay for it all.

Masked Bandit
01-30-2014, 12:35 PM
There is a very big difference between "existing" and "living". Government reliance will provide existence, and that's about it. I'm more interested in living while I'm stuck on this planet.

Neil4Speed
01-30-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't know if I believe in the credibility of this survey. Really, Lottery? Give me a break.

Thomas Gabriel
01-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Heavy reliance on a govn't pension plan, waiting for other richer family members to die and/or the lottery. All 3 at once would probably be the best possible case :rofl:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lottery-win-is-retirement-plan-for-34-of-poll-respondents-1.2517046

I have a better idea for a lottery. If you win, you get $10M. If you lose, you get recycled and turned into protein powder. Eastern Canada would become the biggest protein exporter in the world.

ercchry
01-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
I don't know if I believe in the credibility of this survey. Really, Lottery? Give me a break.

you laugh... but the woman that runs our lotto pool at work is counting on it :rofl:

bjstare
01-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

you laugh... but the woman that runs our lotto pool at work is counting on it :rofl:

That is equally funny as it is sad.

I like being in the minority that is actually preparing for retirement, except for those moments when I realize I'll also be supporting all the idiots out there :(

gretz
01-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

As is 90% of the shop lol

sputnik
01-30-2014, 02:00 PM
I wonder how many people answered that question with their tongue in their cheek.

Feruk
01-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
The government will bail them all out, with them not having to save a dime on their own. Meanwhile those of use who are actually preparing, will pay for it all.
Government can only raise debt and bail out until it starts to devalue currency. At some point, probably before we retire, the government will be faced with either having to let the CPP fail. It might work for some of the baby boomers, but if you're betting the government's gonna pay for your retirement, you might just be asking whether people want fries with their order in your 80's.

ZenOps
01-30-2014, 03:32 PM
There won't be Mcdonalds jobs soon.

Its all going to be mechanized soon. Just like Oreo cookies off a factory line, except it will be burgers.

What will the kids do? The nation will become a nation of singers. Good or bad thing?