PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Detail Shops

crackystride
02-03-2014, 09:58 PM
So I have a set of wheels that need to be cleaned up (lots of brake dust, etc).

Any detailing places in Calgary that only do wheel detailing? All the detailers I've looked at only offer interior, exterior detailing packages. I just want to drop my wheels off and have them cleaned up before Spring rolls around.

natty54
02-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Should be easy to do yourself!!

Sonax wheel cleaner, scrub brush and a power washer

rlim891
02-03-2014, 11:29 PM
if the are chrome wheels, the best thing to use is steel wool...#0000 grade. you can pick them up at Carzilla

HiSpec
02-04-2014, 01:24 AM
This is for clean, prep and Opti-Coat the wheels

**Assuming your wheels are off the vehicle**

1) Wash with Sonax Full Effect
2) Iron-X (some says it is an extra step, but if the wheels are super dirty I would go with it)
3) Clay the wheels
4) Wipe down with isopropyl alcohol (dilute to 50/50 in a spray bottle)
5) Opti-Coat.
6) Cure.

crackystride
02-04-2014, 12:15 PM
hmm, yeah i might just diy

i usually keep my wheels clean (wash my car once or twice a week) but it's when i bought them they had some caked on brake dust that i always wanted to get rid of

i got some sonax wheel cleaner and clay, hopefully that does the trick

do you think opti coat is necessary? i never had problems keeping the wheels clean since i bought them, just the previous owner neglected them for a short while.

Mitsu3000gt
02-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Once the wheels are off the car it's SUPER easy to do yourself, no need to pay anyone to do it.

HiSpec
02-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by crackystride
hmm, yeah i might just diy

i usually keep my wheels clean (wash my car once or twice a week) but it's when i bought them they had some caked on brake dust that i always wanted to get rid of

i got some sonax wheel cleaner and clay, hopefully that does the trick

do you think opti coat is necessary? i never had problems keeping the wheels clean since i bought them, just the previous owner neglected them for a short while.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Once the wheels are off the car it's SUPER easy to do yourself, no need to pay anyone to do it.

^ Exactly.
Might as well do everything since they wheels are off.

Opti-Coat is probably the best investment in both time and money for body and wheels contaminate protection.

HiSpec
02-06-2014, 01:40 PM
x636vKaVBxk

Only thing I'll do differently is not placing the face of the wheel on concrete/pavement.