PDA

View Full Version : Euro look

(hemi(al hem1
02-28-2004, 10:00 AM
3 questions

what exactly is it? how do the lights differ? are euro lights legal in canada ( if yes, what kind aren't)?

all seems so crazy to me :nut:

403Gemini
02-28-2004, 12:41 PM
i want euro gauges in my car (all depends what your talking bout, least that ive been edumacted on :thumbsup: )

euro gauges: colored gauges at nite, like blue on black. looks pretty pimp.

ill see if i can find some pics to show ya what i mean

as for exterior :dunno:

hjr
02-28-2004, 01:19 PM
how does one define Euro look? I really dont know as its like how would a person describe JDM style? Its basically the style that is popular in europe and japan respectively. but i cant give you a specific definition

nine8civicSi
02-28-2004, 01:42 PM
lets clear up whether were talking about euro style or euro lights (aka altezzas), if its the later this should be in one thread below ( gayest mods ever) :D

ZorroAMG
02-28-2004, 02:36 PM
European lighting is far superior to NA lighting in that the crappy DOT approved lights use the 9004, 9007 etc style bulbs that don't emit crisp light in effective form. EX: My car came with NA spec headlights (naturally) which are a two piece headlight with plastic surround and 9004 bulbs. Garbage. Here is a pic of NA lights on my style of car: http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=368506

Now MY euro lights have an all glass lense, use H4 bulbs and have a crisp light pattern emitting from them. They are a far superior light and look way different. Here is my car with my euro headlights and clear corners as opposed to amber:
http://www.nemonis.net/Ghanime/crouching.JPG

Note the cleaner euro look compared to the NA version. I hope that was what you were asking and I have helped :)

Technically it is not legal, but they will ticket you for an exhaust WAY before headlights...Good luck

carmex
02-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by hjr
how does one define Euro look? I really dont know as its like how would a person describe JDM style? Its basically the style that is popular in europe and japan respectively. but i cant give you a specific definition

Yes, there are so many European styling parts, it's really hard to verify what a "Euro" look is. There are certainly some popular European parts though. For instance, Euro tail lights. Search the net for the subject, it's got loads of info and pics.

itsnotaDUB
02-28-2004, 06:00 PM
im so sick of people trying to tell me what "euro" is... weather its tail lights, headlights, rims, or basic styling.. being european myself.. and seeing what cars in europe look like no one can say this is euro or this isnt euro.....ive seen lots of cars in germany, italy france that are slammed on 17's or even 19's. now is that euro?. or is it teh little compacts that are slammed on 13's?. they are all there......now a days its impossible to say what aa "euro" car looks like

cappachihngo
02-29-2004, 12:15 AM
ya i agree with itsnotaDUB.. there's so many stlyes out there that a thread like this need to be more speicfic or else its no use...

Hakkola
02-29-2004, 12:19 AM
Sure it is, Euro look is generally what comes stock on Euro cars as opposed to NA etc..

Often times in Europe they go for the "American" look.

For example for my car I'm getting clear corners and Euro lights etc... I've heard of people in Europe "upgrading" to amber corners, where I'm getting rid of mine and "upgrading" to clears.

However, the original post in this thread is incredibly vague.

maximus
02-29-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
im so sick of people trying to tell me what "euro" is... weather its tail lights, headlights, rims, or basic styling.. being european myself.. and seeing what cars in europe look like no one can say this is euro or this isnt euro.....ive seen lots of cars in germany, italy france that are slammed on 17's or even 19's. now is that euro?. or is it teh little compacts that are slammed on 13's?. they are all there......now a days its impossible to say what aa "euro" car looks like

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The term Euro gets thrown around way too much now its disgusting. I'm seeing all these commercials for new cars saying it.....its soo sad. I mean even Honda/Acura commercials throwing around the word and even taping in European backgrounds. Low end domestics claiming european tuned suspension, european handling, european design...blah blah blah. Wannabes :rolleyes:

I agree with Itsnotadub. I think people confuse Euro with the current trend. Slammed on 13s is the current trend but I would definately not call it euro. Altezzas....not euro (Is Toyota European??). I think that Euro is just simple and clean.

Regarding lights ZorroAMG is right. NA lights seem to be way weaker. I don't know why. If you look at most older european cars they use H4 bulbs while NA uses 9004. Big difference. Clear corners can be considered Euro since they don't have the amber restriction as we do here for signal lights.

GorG
02-29-2004, 03:08 AM
yea altezza's who the hell got that, basically like i'm sure it has been said here, haven had time to read it all so sorry if i repeat. Its gotta be clean(no ricer shit( one colour just keep it one colour no deckles or any of that shit) euro lights you can change em make em blue smoked white what ever, make em look good), tail lights, usually blue red or smoked, white but not altezzas when i say white i mean reverse lights white cant see past em. no ricer kits, you hcan have kit, but its gotta be clean, nothing lippy, and the most important one and main out. It gotta be a european car with, and also go with euro names, i.e. there are no jetta's in euro only bora's if any one can tell me were to post a vid off my comp or how to post avid off my comp i can give you an amazing example of the perfect euro car.

three.eighteen.
03-02-2004, 01:59 PM
heh the euro look here isnt the euro look in europe...here its about red/clear lights, glass projectors, clean/simple rims and a nice paint job, emphasizing function and form at the same time

the euro look in europe has bmws with altezzas, chromies, quad exit exhausts, uber spoilers and air brushing...

so technically euro isnt euro at all...go figure :dunno:

maximus
03-02-2004, 03:59 PM
The Euro debate will get nowhere.

I think what you are describing is the current trend in some places in Europe.

I think the only way to truly define "Euro Look" is us north americans trying to get our cars to look like our stock counterparts in europe since there is a difference. If there were no diferences between our stock cars and theirs, then there would be no "Euro Look". It would just be what they are doing with their cars, therfore the europesn trend in car customizing.

:dunno: just my two pennies.

three.eighteen.
03-03-2004, 01:06 AM
yeah its like jdm...but we want the euro-dm

Ben
03-03-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by maximus
The Euro debate will get nowhere.

I think what you are describing is the current trend in some places in Europe.

I think the only way to truly define "Euro Look" is us north americans trying to get our cars to look like our stock counterparts in europe since there is a difference. If there were no diferences between our stock cars and theirs, then there would be no "Euro Look". It would just be what they are doing with their cars, therfore the europesn trend in car customizing.

:dunno: just my two pennies.

Exactly!